Stocks look to open higher following ...

Stocks look to open higher following solid November jobs data

There are 2 comments on the CBC News story from Dec 7, 2007, titled Stocks look to open higher following solid November jobs data. In it, CBC News reports that:

“We believe there is significant upside in our whole retail strategy”

Stock markets were set to open higher Friday on evidence of solid job growth in Canada and the United States last month. via CBC News

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Brent Ross Min Ag Food

Toronto, Canada

#1 Dec 8, 2007
small Fry Organic Farm Meat Industry ( Stock Yards ) under attack in Ontario
"The meat industry actually benefits from stronger standards" because it increases consumer confidence, said Brent Ross, a spokesperson for the Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs.
Because Karl's smokes meat and makes sausages it is defined as a "free-standing meat plant," he said.
Karl's shop is one of 150 smaller meat businesses facing similar reviews, starting on Oct. 1.
"The future of small business looks very limited under this regime," said his son Walter, 52.
The family said the shop has passed every inspection by Toronto Public Health since 2001.
For the neighbourhood, losing Karl's represents a loss of local culture. "All these little shops on Roncesvalles, I don't know what is going to replace them," said Martha Milczynski, 49.
"Are we all supposed to shop at factory stores and big-box stores?"
Karl, who started the business in 1962, said their reputation and product has been enough to maintain a steady business. "I've had the same customers the whole time I'm here."
http://www.thestar.com/News/GTA/article/28374...
futureman

Holiday, FL

#2 Dec 10, 2007
The GREATIST PONZI SCHEME EVER SOLD.
The way money is moving around, this survival financial strategy is looking more like a "PONZI SCHEME" and we all know what happens in the finality.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gildan Activewear Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Who's suing whom (Nov '12) Nov '12 James 1
News Apparel Makers Assess Damages in Haiti and Orga... (Feb '10) Feb '10 jenny 1
News Gildan Closing Ala. Distribution Center; 120 Jo... (Dec '09) Jan '10 chas smith 8
News Honduran sock tariffs approved (Mar '08) Mar '08 Charles Farley 2
News Debate over placing tariffs on socks from Hondu... (Nov '07) Nov '07 Current Hosiery E... 2
News Gildan to close two North Carolina sock factori... (May '07) Nov '07 Joe 2
News Gildan Agrees to Buy Prewett for $125 Million i... (Sep '07) Oct '07 old worker 8
More from around the web