City to appraise Redlands Mall

City to appraise Redlands Mall

There are 10 comments on the San Bernardino County Sun story from Apr 21, 2010, titled City to appraise Redlands Mall. In it, San Bernardino County Sun reports that:

City Manager N. Enrique Martinez wants to have the Redlands Mall appraised should its owners ever decide to discuss selling it.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Bernardino County Sun.

Resident

Palmdale, CA

#1 Apr 22, 2010
A dead mall? I'd say it is worth $1.
Biker

Sunland, CA

#2 Apr 22, 2010
There are plenty of private investors interested in this property. Why is the City spending money to appraise it?
this happens alot

Burbank, CA

#3 Apr 22, 2010
Resident wrote:
A dead mall? I'd say it is worth $1.
I know make it a superwalmart
LOL
and then close it
AndreaU8

Hacienda Heights, CA

#4 Apr 22, 2010
Redlands Mall? LOL - the Redlands building that was used as a mall maybe.........
City Manager N. Enrique Martinez is a moron.
Redevelopment

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#5 Apr 22, 2010
Locally-controlled redevelopment does not work because each City has its own pot of redevelopment dollars, and each will do as is best for that City, ignoring the larger needs of the region. Redlands dos not need any more commercial/retail square feet. Just how much money do Redlands (and local) residents have to spend? What other stores are needed? Perhaps the mixed use can work, Downtown is a nice area. maybe not. The problem lies with the allocation of sales taxes to cities as a major revenue. It makes all of them become predators, and the developers of commercial properties know this and work each city for the better deal, often with the repayment of sales tax dollars for off-site improvements, leaving the City with little other than bragging rights. Amateurs.
OMG please focus

Beaumont, CA

#6 Apr 22, 2010
Is the appraisal in the budget? FOCUS FOCUS FOCUS.
There is a reason the cart is behind the horse....do not get ahead of yourself. Get us a real budget.
newsjunkie

Murrieta, CA

#7 Apr 22, 2010
Hopefully, regardless of what happens with the sale of the mall, that it will continue to be used for retail or private company that hires employees. The last thing it should become is a satellite office complex for local or county government, like is happening in San Bernardino.
joke

Redlands, CA

#8 Apr 22, 2010
interesting....as a business owner of a store in the mall, we've already been told the building is selling and to be ready to move soon...

hmmmmm
Doctor Hugh Jass

Yucaipa, CA

#9 Apr 23, 2010
Turn it into the po po station!
MTZ

United States

#10 Apr 23, 2010
Maybe it could become a medical marijuana dispensary.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

General Growth Properties Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bank of America to anchor planned skyscraper al... May '17 Bill Martin 1
whats up with GGP are they in or are they out ? May '17 Bill Martin 1
GGP video its a nice clip May '17 Bill Martin 1
GGP news link on Norwalk ct mall May '17 Bill Martin 1
GGP : Questions emerge about Norwalk mall's via... Apr '17 Norwalk ct news 1
large oppisition to GGP mall in Norwalk Ct Apr '17 Norwalk Ct News 1
GGP is building on a contaminated lot in Norwal... (Nov '16) Apr '17 Norwalk Ct News 2
More from around the web