Griffon Corp's 2nd-largest shareholde...

Griffon Corp's 2nd-largest shareholder calls for 'major change'

There are 5 comments on the Newsday story from May 9, 2007, titled Griffon Corp's 2nd-largest shareholder calls for 'major change'. In it, Newsday reports that:

A week after Jericho-based Griffon Corp. again posted lower quarterly earnings, the company's second-largest shareholder Wednesday called for "significant restructuring," including a sale of part or all of the ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

A Telephonics Employee

Brooklyn, NY

#1 May 11, 2007
I have been with Telephonics for many years (it's a great company).

Hedge funds have one purpose: to make lots of money.

Hedge funds are not concerned with the local economy, national security or civic responsibility.

It is unfortunate that there are no "checks and balances" to protect the public against such exploitation.
employee

Maysville, KY

#2 May 21, 2007
The bottom line is all that matters to these people and it is all that will ever matter. They only care about lining thier pockets not the jobs and security of the many griffon employee's this will likely impact. The rich get richer the poor get poorer.
amen

Dayton, OH

#3 May 23, 2007
employee wrote:
The bottom line is all that matters to these people and it is all that will ever matter. They only care about lining thier pockets not the jobs and security of the many griffon employee's this will likely impact. The rich get richer the poor get poorer.
Good ledership
bad advise from Hedge fund group. We will do better I just hope those that take the time to read what a Hedge Fund rep says. Will be able to remenber when this company shifts gears up and away from the housing market slow down. That they can say they did not know what the hell they were talking about and money for a quick sale was the only thing that they were thinking about. Stay the course and let your money work for you. After all who has more in this company then the people that work for Griffon Corp. Not your jackal's of a hedge fund bent on greed and somebody else sweat. Wake Up USA and look at the Greed of a few.
Barrister Benjamin Agu

Benin

#4 Jul 5, 2007
ATTENTION PLS,

I AM BARRISTER BENJAMIN AGU,I HAVE A CLIENT THAT WANTS TO INVEST IN REAL ESTATE IN YOUR COUNTRY PLEASE DO GET BACK TO ME IF YOU CAN HANDLE THIS TRANSACTION.

More details will be given to you when you contact me.if you have confidential number please advise in your reply.

please reply me immediately via e-mail:([email protected] dk)

Regards,
Barrister Benjamin Agu.
former lackey

Englewood, CO

#5 Oct 18, 2007
This company is quite possibly the worst on the island. Their "RIF" policy is detrimental to the long term stability of their employee-- please write(as I did)to the DOD and demand an immediate cessation of granting them any further contracts.
Let them suffer a slow death.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Griffon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Griffon to raise $250M from stock offering (Sep '08) Sep '08 MIKE TRUMAN 1
News Griffon profits slump, adds two to board - (Nov '07) Nov '07 Bet 1
More from around the web