FDA revokes approval of Avastin for breast cancer

There are 4 comments on the Nov 19, 2011, Rome News story titled FDA revokes approval of Avastin for breast cancer. In it, Rome News reports that:

This undated photo provided Jan. 31, 2011, by California-based Genentech Inc., shows the blockbuster cancer drug Avastin.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Rome News.

Since: Jul 11

Norwalk, CT

#1 Nov 24, 2011
Was this the right decision? It might be, but it might not. The FDA has, one more than one occasion caused more damage by banning or delaying a drug than releasing it sooner. A dangerous drug can be pulled at any point, which is what may have happened. Genentech has a point when they ďargued that Avastin should remain available while it conducts more research to see if certain groups of patients might benefit from the drug.Ē There is no real solution for a lack of a solution except to find one. So in that regard Genentech could very well be right. Though nobody can argue the outrageous cost of the medicine.

Check out this site, itís a provocative read with plenty of facts: http://eng.am/uUSSac
Buy Deca

Rawalpindi, Pakistan

#2 Dec 18, 2011
Itís hard to find knowledgeable people on this topic, but you sound like you know what youíre talking about! Thanks

Since: Jul 11

Elon, NC

#3 Jan 7, 2012
Buy Deca wrote:
Itís hard to find knowledgeable people on this topic, but you sound like you know what youíre talking about! Thanks
Hey, thanks! I try to keep on info when I can. I apologize for not responding to this earlier. It was the holidays, and then I of course got sick so I've been out of commission for a bit. But thank you for you're response and feel free to message me if you need or have any questions. If I can't answer them I might be able to point you towards a good source. Best of luck in your endeavors,

Jesse
kmc2749

Austin, TX

#4 Jan 15, 2013
Avastin has been approved by the FDA to be used to treat gliobastoma (GBM), colon cancer, certain types of lung cancer, and renal cell cancer (RCC).

http://www.rxwiki.com/avastin

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Genentech Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What gives Feb '15 Bookrep 1
News Company seeks approval for skin cancer drug Jan '15 Cathy Smith 1
News UCSF geneticist joins Google's Calico project (Apr '14) Apr '14 Guest 1
Zelboraf Ripoff of Melanoma Patients (Nov '11) Nov '13 Ye li 4
News Tarceva meets goal in first-line lung cancer trial (Nov '08) Nov '13 Avi 5
News Studies: Avastin may fight early breast cancers (Mar '12) Sep '13 Sabastian 2
News Questions Swirl Around Avastin (Jun '09) Sep '13 Jesus 2
More from around the web