Is GE China Venture Good for U.S.?

Is GE China Venture Good for U.S.?

There are 11 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Sep 30, 2011, titled Is GE China Venture Good for U.S.?. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

During a factory tour in South Carolina, Jeffrey Immelt smiles and cuts me off after I ask another question about his new venture in China: "I'm done," says the chief executive of General Electric.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

Since: Aug 10

Decatur, GA

#1 Sep 30, 2011
No taxes, cheap labor...GE's got it made.

Good for America? When did this companies begin caring about America?
Pug

La Grange, IL

#2 Sep 30, 2011
The CEO cares not, he gets paid regardless of failure or victory.

The golden parachute is lined in platinum and stdded with diamonds.
zio-contagion

Sarasota, FL

#3 Sep 30, 2011
israeli corruption is bad.
clueless

Cleveland, OH

#4 Sep 30, 2011
Good for the shareholders .. thats what it's all about. He had to cut them off because he knows what is going to happen in the near future and doesn't want to slip any information by mistake .
Pug

La Grange, IL

#5 Sep 30, 2011
The GE venture is great for its CEO

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#6 Oct 1, 2011
GE should not be allowed to outsource their technology overseas to china.

it's a matter of national security.
Pug

La Grange, IL

#7 Oct 1, 2011
clueless wrote:
Good for the shareholders .. thats what it's all about. He had to cut them off because he knows what is going to happen in the near future and doesn't want to slip any information by mistake .
Actually, its bad news for the shareholders. This CEO stopped the dividends that the stock used to pay.

So, he has thrown the shareholders under the bus.
clueless

Cleveland, OH

#8 Oct 3, 2011
Pug wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, its bad news for the shareholders. This CEO stopped the dividends that the stock used to pay.
So, he has thrown the shareholders under the bus.
They are giving dividends again on the shares. They are no where like the good old days yet but it is something.
Pug

La Grange, IL

#9 Oct 3, 2011
Pug

La Grange, IL

#10 Oct 3, 2011
http://money.cnn.com/2004/03/30/news/economy/...

Outsoucing is good for th United States?
MADOFF Zionism

Sarasota, FL

#11 Oct 5, 2011
zio-contagion wrote:
israeli corruption is bad.
.......... the US has been in decline since we were conned into subsidizing israeli imperialism . Harry Truman , the traitor , was worse than Benedict Arnold , Jonathan Pollard and David Berkowitz ....... combined.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

General Electric Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create event subscription return error Dec 3 kais 1
GE jb860djbb model range - top oven handle gets... Nov 11 Burned 1
News General Electric purchases parcel (Jan '09) Nov '16 Ozzie 45
News General Electric Pursues Spinoff, Sale of Consu... (Jul '08) Oct '16 TrojanHorse 5,492
GE health benefits are only getting worse by th... (Apr '16) Apr '16 mwalker32 1
News Sanders Renews Feud With `Greedy' GE, Says Imme... (Apr '16) Apr '16 Donna 1
News GE, Starwood warn North Carolina governor (Apr '16) Apr '16 Shirvell s Shrivel 4
More from around the web