General Electric Pursues Spinoff, Sal...

General Electric Pursues Spinoff, Sale of Consumer & Industrial Division

There are 5492 comments on the Bloomberg story from Jul 10, 2008, titled General Electric Pursues Spinoff, Sale of Consumer & Industrial Division. In it, Bloomberg reports that:

General Electric Co. , two months after placing its century-old appliance unit on the block, said it plans to spin off its entire GE Consumer & Industrial group to shareholders as Chief Executive Officer ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bloomberg.

retiree

Ashville, OH

#5008 Aug 21, 2012
OH NO wrote:
<quoted text>Layoffs , Layoffs, TOW'S AND Shutting door's.
What are TOW's?
lampguy

Brunswick, OH

#5009 Aug 22, 2012
retiree wrote:
<quoted text> What are TOW's?
tow's are transfer of work- usually to China or Hungary
Thomas Scutillo

Stockton, CA

#5010 Aug 22, 2012
MY GRAND PA was from Hungary he was a great worker
Lamp Maker

Versailles, KY

#5011 Aug 22, 2012
Can anyone tell me if we will be able to get tickets Sept.9th at Kings Island. I know years before they sold them GE did but now only one day I was just wonderning if anything had changed.

thanks
firecracker

Chillicothe, OH

#5012 Aug 22, 2012
Heard there would be a booth open at the park, just show a GE ID and you can purchase them there. Just double check before you go.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#5013 Aug 22, 2012
Thomas Scutillo wrote:
Too bad you did not learn from your Grand Pa how to be a great worker.
lamper

Ashville, OH

#5014 Aug 24, 2012
Thomas Scutillo wrote:
How many different states are you from?
lamper

Ashville, OH

#5015 Aug 24, 2012
clueless wrote:
<quoted text>Doesn't it feel like working at G.E. is like dying a slow death.
Yes it does.
retiree

Ashville, OH

#5016 Aug 24, 2012
lampguy wrote:
<quoted text>
tow's are transfer of work- usually to China or Hungary
Thank you. Thought it might be time off work, guess it means not having work!
builder bob

Chillicothe, OH

#5017 Sep 1, 2012
this months country living from south central power has article called goodbye to the t12 tube. does anyone know for sure when this will take place? the article states t12 can no longer be manufactured but they are still being made. don't make sense.
saidlesstoday

AOL

#5018 Sep 4, 2012
OH NO wrote:
<quoted text>Layoffs , Layoffs, TOW'S AND Shutting door's.
=======
how many plants does this effetc?
saidlesstoday

AOL

#5019 Sep 4, 2012
meant "effect"
tassy

Ashville, OH

#5020 Sep 12, 2012
Well, what's up with the led lights in parking lot at Circleville Lamp. Word is this. Just another job done before closing up along with the fence that was put up.. Word is layoffs coming Nov. thru Jan., Second shift gone. Then, more layoffs by July if nothing has turned around, even if it turns around, you will probably have less than 100 people by then, so what will be running? Most groups gone now, only a handful left. Oh yes, they are tearing out all the conveyors back in Quality area. Writing is on the wall, just not telling employees to their faces, normal.
bear of bad news

United States

#5021 Sep 12, 2012
I was told nobody was going to get plant closing benefits. They are going to start laying everybody off slowly over the next year. Then not call anybody back and just shut the doors. That way everybody gets screwed.Jst better hope you turd 60 within the next year.
bear of bad news

United States

#5022 Sep 12, 2012
that's at the Circleville plant
tassy

Ashville, OH

#5023 Sep 12, 2012
bear of bad news wrote:
that's at the Circleville plant
You are 100% correct. And this is what we call "Integrity" in our world today. Really sad.
unknown

United States

#5024 Sep 13, 2012
tassy wrote:
Well, what's up with the led lights in parking lot at Circleville Lamp. Word is this. Just another job done before closing up along with the fence that was put up.. Word is layoffs coming Nov. thru Jan., Second shift gone. Then, more layoffs by July if nothing has turned around, even if it turns around, you will probably have less than 100 people by then, so what will be running? Most groups gone now, only a handful left. Oh yes, they are tearing out all the conveyors back in Quality area. Writing is on the wall, just not telling employees to their faces, normal.
when conveyors got re-routed during shutdown so we don't have to mantain an xtra 1000 ft. of conveyor. just taking old down to use parts for conveyor thats still running. as for the the rest who knows
clueless

Cleveland, OH

#5025 Sep 14, 2012
The same is going on across lighting, just ask anyone at RLP , they are the next ones to see the writing on the walls. Plant employment from 500 to 100 over a 4 year period. Very incompetent management to run the plant, must have hired the bottom 5% in the graduating class. May all be well and please don't say that we make to much monies doing our jobs. Don't worry, when the gravey train stops there are plenty of places to finds a job for the lazy stuipd like some people are. May all be well because all is very well for others.
GE Lamp Maker

Versailles, KY

#5027 Sep 19, 2012
Yesterday at the Lexington Lamp Plant 5 people were offered retirement all 5 are going out with benefits and 75% of last year pay. So happy for them. Probably will be a lay off for the rest of us. Their last day is Nov. 30, 2012. we have been doing two weeks on and two weeks off. Rumors is that is for rest of year. Business is not good, no orders comming in.
rubee

Ashville, OH

#5028 Sep 19, 2012
Circleville Lamp Plant had 9 people offered retirement a couple of days ago. Percentage of yearly pay offered, but not sure what that was, but many say it is not great and will need to think about it while others say I'm gone. Things not good at Circleville. No money to fix parts, but money for LED lighting in parking lot. Time out next week and rumors are will be out from Thanksgiving until Jan. 2013. Who knows??? Cleveland perhaps? Also, Ron Wilson supposed to make a visit. We know what that usually means. Nothing good.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

General Electric Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New GE dryer will not start Dec '16 JCS 1
Create event subscription return error Dec '16 kais 1
GE jb860djbb model range - top oven handle gets... Nov '16 Burned 1
News General Electric purchases parcel (Jan '09) Nov '16 Ozzie 45
GE health benefits are only getting worse by th... (Apr '16) Apr '16 mwalker32 1
News Sanders Renews Feud With `Greedy' GE, Says Imme... (Apr '16) Apr '16 Donna 1
News GE, Starwood warn North Carolina governor (Apr '16) Apr '16 Shirvell s Shrivel 4
More from around the web