General Electric Pursues Spinoff, Sal...

General Electric Pursues Spinoff, Sale of Consumer & Industrial Division

There are 5496 comments on the Bloomberg story from Jul 10, 2008, titled General Electric Pursues Spinoff, Sale of Consumer & Industrial Division. In it, Bloomberg reports that:

General Electric Co. , two months after placing its century-old appliance unit on the block, said it plans to spin off its entire GE Consumer & Industrial group to shareholders as Chief Executive Officer ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bloomberg.

Thomas Scutillo

Grand Rapids, MI

#4874 Mar 12, 2012
may I have some influence over the mind MANAGEMENT PLEASE? i don't get it
Thomas Scutillo

Grand Rapids, MI

#4875 Mar 12, 2012
maybe some big man influence maybe ( I )
sammy

Ashville, OH

#4876 Mar 14, 2012
Fuhgitaboutit wrote:
OMG Sammy... You for real???? Are things REALLY so great in your world that THIS is your big life issue to be concerned with? I can only HOPE to someday, have the energy to WASTE. I am guilty, of entertaining your post for ONE hot minute... after that... You have my pitty.
You have my pity also.
lampgirl

Brunswick, OH

#4878 Mar 25, 2012
According to shareholder info sent from GE, they have added 13,000 jobs in the US. Ok, where? Because from where I stand, they have eliminated over 500 jobs from my plant alone.
GE Lamp

United States

#4879 Mar 27, 2012
The 13,000 jobs, are probably all low paying jobs at some of the GE factories are hirning in.
clueless

Cleveland, OH

#4880 Mar 28, 2012
GE Lamp wrote:
The 13,000 jobs, are probably all low paying jobs at some of the GE factories are hirning in.
DUH ..... Do you think. They are all low paying jobs or they would not be hiring anyone.
lampman

Ashville, OH

#4881 Apr 1, 2012
Circleville Lamp Plant has placed an ad in local newspaper to hire at their facility. What are they going to hire for? Most of the equipment and jobs are gone and the people hired in as temps were told they would have the first shot at any permanent jobs, but where?
blp

Flat Rock, OH

#4882 Apr 2, 2012
lampman wrote:
Circleville Lamp Plant has placed an ad in local newspaper to hire at their facility. What are they going to hire for? Most of the equipment and jobs are gone and the people hired in as temps were told they would have the first shot at any permanent jobs, but where?
Are they hiring for operators positions, mechanics, or for some specialty "interview" jobs like a tech? Seems odd that they would hire...normally they can't get us out the door fast enough.
cat

Fostoria, OH

#4884 Apr 3, 2012
Anybody know what Ge Circleville lamp plant start out at
clueless

Cleveland, OH

#4885 Apr 4, 2012
Barb512 wrote:
What's going on at Ohio Lamp?
Does anyone really know what is going on at any of the Lamp Plants ??
lampman

Ashville, OH

#4886 Apr 4, 2012
The paper states that the hiring at Circleville is "manufacturing positions". About a month ago they hired in to CovRGuard thru Adecco, which is supposed to be entry level, however it said it was temps hired. I believe those jobs were around $9.50 or so, not sure. And to remember, Circleville went to the new scale of lower pay. Older hires might be making $20.00 at a job, while new hires would get $12.00. Not as good, but not bad, except you have to be the machine, as most machines are broken and never run well. Tears your body up big time.
Hans Lipshhitz

Youngstown, OH

#4887 Apr 4, 2012
clueless wrote:
<quoted text>Does anyone really know what is going on at any of the Lamp Plants ??
Billy Vaughan farted over the loud speaker and made everyone giggle.
Holden MuhGroin

Versailles, IN

#4888 Apr 5, 2012
clueless wrote:
Does anyone really know what is going on at any of the Lamp Plants ??

Billy Vaughan farted over the loud speaker and made everyone giggle.

Funny Hans! Great to break the monotony of the doom and gloom.
Ex-Lamp Girl

Youngstown, OH

#4889 Apr 6, 2012
just heard
Union boy 722

Youngstown, OH

#4890 Apr 6, 2012
funny stuff Hans!
Biker Guy 821

Youngstown, OH

#4891 Apr 6, 2012
This board is getting strange.
PatentPending24

Raigarh, India

#4893 Apr 6, 2012
I hear GE being sued because of fraud at Ohio Lamp Plant. This is true?
Harley66

Mukwonago, WI

#4896 Apr 7, 2012
thats f'ed up.
clueless

Cleveland, OH

#4897 Apr 9, 2012
Willie go Boom wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently they hid one of their leadership team from the company and the government under a phony job title for over 10 years making him unpromotable.
I thought that they were holding all their leadership teams in secret. I have not seen one in a long long time....
blp

Clyde, OH

#4898 Apr 10, 2012
clueless wrote:
<quoted text>I thought that they were holding all their leadership teams in secret. I have not seen one in a long long time....
What are you guys talking about hiding a leadership team. I dont understand how you hide people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

General Electric Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sign of the times? General Electric's new CEO i... Sep 22 ex-GE never again GE 1
News GE cuts salaried workers in Schenectady Sep 17 old engineer 3
GE Novalux street lamp post Sep 16 Kim Bird 2
News GE to shift work, jobs to Fort Worth locomotive... (Apr '13) Aug 30 Time is now 49
GE washing motor question Aug '17 Jimmy204 1
water driping Aug '17 robbie 1
Ge repair sucks Jul '17 Rick Bellamy 1
More from around the web