General Electric Pursues Spinoff, Sal...

General Electric Pursues Spinoff, Sale of Consumer & Industrial Division

There are 5493 comments on the Bloomberg story from Jul 10, 2008, titled General Electric Pursues Spinoff, Sale of Consumer & Industrial Division. In it, Bloomberg reports that:

General Electric Co. , two months after placing its century-old appliance unit on the block, said it plans to spin off its entire GE Consumer & Industrial group to shareholders as Chief Executive Officer ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bloomberg.

lied2

Des Moines, IA

#2503 Sep 1, 2009
Mebane losing 55 more positions

http://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/stories/2...
Outsider

Kent, OH

#2504 Sep 2, 2009
Any contractural SERO updates out there?
As the Lamp Turns

AOL

#2505 Sep 2, 2009
First the plant manager now a new Finance Manager at RLP ...

Inventory loss of $300,000 for the month of August.

Word on the floor is a big visitor with grace our plant on friday.

Claude Yee at Nela Park for now, I hope he can "FLEX" well into that new job in the Cafeteria.

Claude replaced by Tony Smith.
clueless

Cleveland, OH

#2506 Sep 2, 2009
As the Lamp Turns wrote:
Claude Yee at Nela Park for now, I hope he can "FLEX" well into that new job in the Cafeteria.
It may be Obama, he is doing such a great job at turning the U.S.A around that he said he is willing to help G.E. as a second job because he had to be put on a 2 teir pay system for his day job ...
wlpnomore

Louisville, KY

#2507 Sep 2, 2009
well we were told today the the company did not accept the idea generation committees proposal at winchester. it looks like its over in 2010. also was told carolina weld production will go to bucyrus and mexico.
NOSAM

Brooklyn, NY

#2508 Sep 2, 2009
I'm confused Jeff Immelt again stated that manufacturing should be atleast 20%overall employmentin the U.S. Does he mean GE is not down to 20% yet, so that's why them low tech jobs are still being shipped out of the country. That must be it,GE would never lie to us. Gee by my count any pluses are far out numbered by reductions and closings.
needmoreinfo

AOL

#2509 Sep 2, 2009
As the Lamp Turns wrote:
====
Please let us know who visits you...
needmoreinfo

AOL

#2510 Sep 2, 2009
Ok, so Dave Martin is now the PM at OL. Who has worked for him and what was he like?... Keep in mind we never see him. and would not know him if we did see him.

THANKS
EXLAMP

Youngstown, OH

#2511 Sep 2, 2009
winchester lamp wrote:
Do any of you work with Austin Lindsay or David Martin? Both are past MSO's at winchester.
========
Is he at Ohio Lamp now?
LAMPMAKER

Ellicott City, MD

#2512 Sep 3, 2009
Austin Lindsey retired Monday.
inorout

Raleigh, NC

#2513 Sep 3, 2009
wlpnomore wrote:
well we were told today the the company did not accept the idea generation committees proposal at winchester. it looks like its over in 2010. also was told carolina weld production will go to bucyrus and mexico.
you are correct also dont forget cmh is going to hungary, i was hoping your proposal might get thru but i am afraid we are all headed for the unemployment line . what is up at ravenna ?? bucyrus seems to be the only ones not in the fire >> must have someone behind them?
lampliter

Hollywood, FL

#2514 Sep 3, 2009
Kurt Milburn has been named the new PM at CLP. Good-bye Mattoon; Hello Circleville.
lampgirl

AOL

#2515 Sep 3, 2009
As the Lamp Turns wrote:
Ok, I realize I don't have a business degree, but this just doesn't make sense. WHY would they just transfer Claude to NELA after losing first $1 mil, then 300K in inventory? I would think he would be long gone from GE. Especially in this economy, they can get plenty of PM's.

THAT might be their story (i.e. lie), but something just isn't right here.
clueless

Cleveland, OH

#2516 Sep 3, 2009
lampgirl wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, I realize I don't have a business degree, but this just doesn't make sense. WHY would they just transfer Claude to NELA after losing first $1 mil, then 300K in inventory? I would think he would be long gone from GE. Especially in this economy, they can get plenty of PM's.
THAT might be their story (i.e. lie), but something just isn't right here.
Because he doesn't have his GREEN card yet !
fedup

Hollywood, FL

#2517 Sep 3, 2009
it seems like oakville will give up anything thing to the States when they ask for it. It's like your X girl friend coming to collect her belongings.
wlp

Hollywood, FL

#2518 Sep 3, 2009
needmoreinfo wrote:
Ok, so Dave Martin is now the PM at OL. Who has worked for him and what was he like?... Keep in mind we never see him. and would not know him if we did see him.
THANKS
Dave Martin was MSO at WLP in 2002. Dave was good at getting us maint. time and money to get the equipment running better. He does not take any crap. Do you job and don't whine and you'll be fine.
Jeffysuks

Mattoon, IL

#2519 Sep 3, 2009
lampliter wrote:
Kurt Milburn has been named the new PM at CLP. Good-bye Mattoon; Hello Circleville.
Kurt came from Circleville. So he returns to his roots.You guys got a two tier there yet, if not you will soon! He has a special way of bending you over and then somehow making you like it.
Very good at shuffling numbers,reducing the work force and still keeping his popularity pole high.
Rumor is Josh Smith will replace him. Anyone know anything about him?
As the Lamp Turns

AOL

#2520 Sep 3, 2009
WOW, all these new PM's...

This can't be good - what are they thinking?

Instead of one plant struggling to adjust, now they all will DUH!
Jeffysuks

Mattoon, IL

#2521 Sep 3, 2009
As the Lamp Turns wrote:
WOW, all these new PM's...
This can't be good - what are they thinking?
Instead of one plant struggling to adjust, now they all will DUH!
It doent matter who is the plant mgr. Ron Wilson will still call the shots. Not sure why they even have plant mgr's. Just have the MSO'S take there orders from Ron. Thats what happens anyway!
Sitting Bull

Chillicothe, OH

#2522 Sep 3, 2009
Our 2 tier pay started back in 2005. The new pay is 41.2% lower than the R scale across all job levels. And Kurt is a good guy...Austin was a tool, Pete's puppet was all he was.
Jeffysuks wrote:
<quoted text>
Kurt came from Circleville. So he returns to his roots.You guys got a two tier there yet, if not you will soon! He has a special way of bending you over and then somehow making you like it.
Very good at shuffling numbers,reducing the work force and still keeping his popularity pole high.
Rumor is Josh Smith will replace him. Anyone know anything about him?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

General Electric Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ge lighting Apr 7 joe in pa 1
News GE to shift work, jobs to Fort Worth locomotive... (Apr '13) Mar 30 joe in pa 48
What kind of flexible hose ? Mar '17 jjmatt47 1
Rpwfe water filter won't align Mar '17 Bass12 1
New GE dryer will not start Dec '16 JCS 1
Create event subscription return error Dec '16 kais 1
GE jb860djbb model range - top oven handle gets... Nov '16 Burned 1
More from around the web