CozyRV

Eau Claire, WI

#1 Dec 18, 2010
I have 2 light switches that go to the same light on different ends of the room. 1 works and 1 doesn't....how do I get rid of one of them?

Thanks!!
light man

Cleveland, OH

#2 Dec 20, 2010
CozyRV wrote:
I have 2 light switches that go to the same light on different ends of the room. 1 works and 1 doesn't....how do I get rid of one of them?
Thanks!!
Why do you want to get rid of them , You have a 3 way circuit that will either turn the lights on or off from either switch. The power wire is running to 1 of the switches and tranfered to the other switch with the 2 runners on the top of the switch. Then the other switch will except the runners on the top of that switch and go to the bottom with hot going to the light. The netural wire runs directly to the light ( white wire ) If 1 is not working then the runners are not hooked up correctly. I don't know if you know how to use a volt meter but that is what you will need to trace this circuit . Hope this helps ..........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

General Electric Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News GE to Analysts: Immelt Not Going Anywhere Mar 4 jeffry 1
News Hillary Clinton's Complex Corporate Ties Feb '15 spud 15
News General Electric CEO Jeffrey Immelt says new re... (Mar '12) Feb '15 Eddie 9
Misgiuded Ergonomics Feb '15 Porter 1
News Federal agencies hit GE financial unit with mil... (Jun '14) Jan '15 fayebryant00 2
News General Electric Pursues Spinoff, Sale of Consu... (Jul '08) Jan '15 housewhite 5,474
GE changing benefits for Retiree Spouses/Same S... (Oct '12) Dec '14 marshcc01 28
More from around the web