New health and fitness DVD "Total Body Makeover" to be released in December

Oct 6, 2009 Full story: Medical News

Gaiam, Inc., the leading distributor of lifestyle media and fitness accessories, today announced its partnership with exercise physiologist and certified personal trainer Bob Greene for the production of health and fitness DVDs.

Full Story
Laura Pintos

Tacoma, WA

#1 Mar 19, 2010
I see that Gaiam just acquired SPRI Products. My son just lost part of his vision and has permanent eye damage from a SPRI Xertube Resistance Band. The band hit him directly in the eye, giving him an Opercullated Hole. I see that SPRI claims no responsibility because, I quote "We sell hundreds of thousands of these things a year". Now I was told that came from Corporate, which Corporate? SPRI or GAIAM that prides themselves on their code of Ethics. My son has eye damage, vision loss, medical bills, headaches, along with the potential for Retinal Detachment and they tell me, Sorry, but we dont feel we have any responsibility. If you look at the Original Xertube, there is no warning for potential eye or head injury. The other companies that produce these products place a Warning, Wear Safety Goggles, may cause severe head or eye injury. I contacted SPRI, not to sue for Millions. Just to have my sons Medical Bills paid and a little extra for his future checkups. Just because he is just one person who was injured does not mean we will not warn the Public of his products safety issue.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gaia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Online sales mellow for Gaiam in 2009 (Mar '10) Mar '10 Laura Pintos 1

Gaia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE