Outright deniers of global warming are no worse than those who accept it, but refuse to take action

Apr 28, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Daily Kos

Media Matters created a video mosaic of the dumb bunnies at Foxaganda spouting nonsense on global warming.

Comments
21 - 28 of 28 Comments Last updated Apr 30, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Fun Facts

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
yes. YOu personally. You have written to many spams, scams and misdirections. You are well known to be a dishonest troll and the consequence is that nobody listens to you.
<quoted text>
Misdirection, cherry picking and obscure papers by weak researchers while ignoring the BASIC SCIENCE is just one reason why you have lost all impact. If science and scientists were so biased towards one particular outcome, THEY would have no legitimacy either.
<quoted text>
As I can tell you the start date on your graph at "woodfortrees' and you cannot, it suggests that I pay more attention to the references than you do. YOU just look till you find something that you feel backs what you want. I look at the actual details and apply critical thinking skills.
<quoted text>
I was stating a fact. You are obvioulsy trying to turn this into 'ad hominem' by saying that my opinons don't count. That is as clear an indication of the difference between our posts as ever.
The FACT is that air is subject to 'noise' from climate oscillations which can change the rate at which heat from the sun is transferred to the atmosphere so it must never be looked at over short periods (a fault you select). The more useful measure of 'global average surface temperature' is the total thermal content of the surface (oceans and land). The 'air at 2 meters above land' is useful, because it is based on widely distributed sensors and a data network, but not definitive of the surface temperature over short periods.
tinyurl.com/cczqzaf
I do this for fun. I have to admit you guys provide lots of laughter. Then I share it, and even more people laugh.

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Fun Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
I used a ten year interval for this graph so it won't look like the Skeptical science graph with the variable intervals.
http://www.woodfortrees.org/plot/hadcrut3gl/f...
10 year periods say nothing about the long term trend.

You're still advertising your ignorance.
Fun Facts

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
Just how dense are you? It was a play on your Skeptical Science chart. Skeptical Science used the very scientific method of cherry picking interval values.

But you most likely didn't even look at that before you posted because you care so much about cherry picking. I'm sure had you looked you would have realized what they had done.

Surely you would not have advocated for a chart with cherry picked values now would you.

Try again.

“So long to you, Righties”

Since: Jan 12

keep suckin' and whiffin'!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Corbin wrote:
In the 15 years since Kyoto, greenhouse emissions have gone up. Nevertheless, temperatures have gone down. Try again, Media Matters. And next time, let's try not to be such bullies!
"Temperatures have gone down" is a falsehood.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Fun Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
I do this for fun. I have to admit you guys provide lots of laughter. Then I share it, and even more people laugh.
Always good when someone ADMITS they're a troll. Easier than having to guess.
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
10 year periods (in AIR temperature) say nothing about the long term trend

tinyurl.com/barqeg7

"The confusion on this subject lies in the fact that only about 2 percent of global warming is used in heating air, whereas about 90 percent of global warming goes into heating the oceans (the rest heats ice and land masses). But humans live at the Earth's surface, and thus we tend to focus on surface temperatures. Over the past 1015 years, Earth's surface temperature has continued to rise, but slowly. At the same time, the warming of the oceans and the warming of the Earth as a whole has accelerated."

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

Check NOAA wrote:
<quoted text>
WRONG!!!!
Check Noaa and you will see that the avg. temp of the globe has fallen by 2 deg. over the last 15 years
So, before you want to down somebody, get your facts together before you argue, because now you look just plain stupid
Post it, we're not here to do homework for you.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

fun farts wrote:
you guys provide lots of laughter.
Russian citizens used to laugh at Stalin, but not to his face. re-pubic-lick-uns have to laugh as they see their party decline & they lose face.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••