U.S. Senate confirms top bank regulators

Mar 30, 2012 | Posted by: Mr_Bill | Full story: www.reuters.com

The U.S. Senate on Thursday confirmed President Barack Obama's picks for key spots at the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp and the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency , banking agencies that are playing a vital role in implementing the 2010 Dodd-Frank financial oversight law.

Comments
1 - 8 of 8 Comments Last updated Mar 31, 2012

“Open your eyes”

Since: Sep 09

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2012

LOL! If this is not asking the wolf to guard the hen house. This is from the article:

"The Senate voted to confirm Thomas Curry to lead the OCC, and confirmed Martin Gruenberg, former Kansas City Federal Reserve Bank President Thomas Hoenig and JP Morgan Chase and Co executive Jeremiah Norton to fill openings on the five-member FDIC board."

Now, knowing how much JP Morgan and the Federal Reserve (which is not Federal) played a role in the establishing and collapsing the derivative markets that has put us where we are today, how can this be a good appointment?

“Proud To Be An American”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2012

Yes indeed the marxist-democRat controlled US Senate is in camp with the lord marshal b. h. obama who by all accounts has proven himself to be nothing more than a self-serving bozo. All thanks goes to the pathetic voting dumbbells who wanted to see a half white man become the first black president...It's an obamanation.

“Open your eyes”

Since: Sep 09

Central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2012

Judged:

JohnInLa wrote:
Yes indeed the marxist-democRat controlled US Senate is in camp with the lord marshal b. h. obama who by all accounts has proven himself to be nothing more than a self-serving bozo. All thanks goes to the pathetic voting dumbbells who wanted to see a half white man become the first black president...It's an obamanation.
It's not Marxism. Lets call a spade a spade here. It's Fascism. The merger of Corporations and Government.

"Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of state and corporate power.".......Benito Mussolini

“It's a Brand New Day”

Since: Feb 06

New Rochelle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2012

Judged:

JohnInLa wrote:
John, you havn't the slightest idea of what you are talking about. Stick to mud.
peter tucker

Lansing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2012

Judged:

What a mess. You people can not find it with both hands and a funnel. Do they night drops from Saturn or something? Only explanation for this psychotic paranoid crap

“Kiss Me You Fool!”

Since: Jan 08

Atlanta via Brooklyn NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2012

Judged:

I missing the wishes of the right here?

I thought they didn't want ANY regulation of Wall Street. Are they now saying they rather different regulators than the Senate as suggested?

Can any reich wingers name who they would prefer? If so, did you let your Senator know?

....I'm gonna guest no. And now you complain.

Yawn...you'll always feel Gov is against you, when you only b1tch and complain on social internet sites instead of getting involved with what YOUR Rep does BEFORE they vote.
brad

Manchester, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2012

Judged:

OneRyder wrote:
I missing the wishes of the right here?
I thought they didn't want ANY regulation of Wall Street. Are they now saying they rather different regulators than the Senate as suggested?
Can any reich wingers name who they would prefer? If so, did you let your Senator know?
....I'm gonna guest no. And now you complain.
Yawn...you'll always feel Gov is against you, when you only b1tch and complain on social internet sites instead of getting involved with what YOUR Rep does BEFORE they vote.
The bigger surprise is how you people called for Bush's head when he did it and suddenly defend Obama for the same behavior.

Bwaaa,,,
peter tucker

Lansing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2012

Judged:

oh Brother..... Card carrying Nazi,good old boy red neck, misanthropic moron. You would not know what Marxism is if it were staring at you thru your poached eggs in AM. Half/white???? How do you know not 3/4 white?? What about 7/8/Maybe 15/16 white but you can bet your retro fascist ass it is that drop of black black blood that cretes evil. White Brotherhood does it again except in your case, too much inbreeding!!! Keep hands off your cousins. We are all "mutts" you punk...except Hitler, Cheney, and Limbaugh Heart transplant... Jesus Christ. I did not even know that he had one!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Federal Deposit Insurance Discussions

Search the Federal Deposit Insurance Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Bankers and Attorney Convicted On Multiple Charges Jun '14 williamscharles71 18
U.S. regulator sues 16 banks for rigging Libor ... Mar '14 Philip Cohen 1
FDIC Sues 16 Big Banks That Set Key Rate Mar '14 Philip Cohen 1
Regulators close banks in Texas and Connecticut (Sep '13) Dec '13 Christal Hurst 6
Bridgeport's Community's Bank Declared Insolvent (Sep '13) Sep '13 Santa Claus 1
How Safe Are Banks? (Jun '13) Jun '13 ImNotScared 40
FDIC to look at payday lending by banks (Jun '12) Aug '12 Online banking 2
•••
•••