US cracking down on dinner-interrupti...

US cracking down on dinner-interrupting marketing robocalls

There are 7 comments on the usnews.msnbc.msn.com story from Feb 15, 2012, titled US cracking down on dinner-interrupting marketing robocalls. In it, usnews.msnbc.msn.com reports that:

The Federal Communications Commission said Wednesday it's going after those annoying automated marketing calls that always seem to come right as you're sitting down to dinner.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at usnews.msnbc.msn.com.

Elmo

Oak Hill, WV

#1 Feb 16, 2012
It's about time!
Birddog

Sophia, WV

#2 Feb 16, 2012
Yep,now if we could just get rid of these people that seem unable to dial a phone number properly.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#4 Feb 20, 2012
they will go after them but it will still happen
Tony

Charlottesville, VA

#5 Feb 29, 2012
Why don't they crack down on dead beats and welfare reciepiants?

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#6 Aug 31, 2012
good.
Doodle Bug

Summersville, WV

#7 Sep 1, 2012
The biggest problem I see with these solicitation calls is that many of them are made from outside of the United States using bogus caller ID.

If you've ever tried returning a call to the number that shows up on the caller ID, you've likely gotten a recording that indicates the number is not in service or a similar message.

Unfortunately The Federal Communications Commission can't do much about these calls unless the calls originate in the United States.
Birddog

Oak Hill, WV

#8 Sep 1, 2012
My experience is that when we order something on line we are required to enter our telephone number. Then the next week or two we are flooded with unsolicited calls. You see these online companies always sell our number to other vendors.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Federal Communications Commission Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News WLVQ-FM to be sold (Nov '15) Nov '15 hare jordan 3
News Telecoms Ready Fight Against Net Neutrality (Apr '15) Apr '15 AKeer 1
News FCC Votes In Favor Of Net Neutrality; Internet ... (Feb '15) Feb '15 lol 2
News Comcast merger with Time Warner Cable delayed a... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Pete 1
News Secretive funding fuels debate about net neutra... (Oct '14) Oct '14 shanorie 1
Audio 2-way undercover in body implants! (Mar '14) Mar '14 Dan 3
News Diane Dimond: Calming the Volume of TV Commerci... (Feb '13) Jun '13 zintel 2
More from around the web