FirstEnergy can acquire Allegheny Power

Full story: Public Opinion

FirstEnergy's acquisition of rival power company Allegheny Energy can go ahead in Pennsylvania.
Comments
1 - 20 of 28 Comments Last updated Feb 13, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Dave

Chambersburg, PA

#1 Feb 25, 2011
No more Agony Power?

We deregulate to get competition & then there is no competition. Just higher prices.

Way to go PUC.
Grumpy

Chambersburg, PA

#2 Feb 25, 2011
"under my energy plan prices will necessarily skyrocket!" We reap what we sow!
Anom

Chambersburg, PA

#3 Feb 25, 2011
Dave wrote:
No more Agony Power?
We deregulate to get competition & then there is no competition. Just higher prices.
Way to go PUC.
You will wish Allegheny power was still around. They were a very good company.
Forsure

Shippensburg, PA

#4 Feb 25, 2011
Dave wrote:
No more Agony Power?
Way to go PUC.
If cburgers think their electric is high now, just wait until this company takes over. No more competition. Alleghany was one of the lowest costing electricity in the state. Sad to see them bought out by their competitor.
DUH

Waynesboro, PA

#5 Feb 25, 2011
Does it really matter.. Allegheny Power sucked ANYWAY. 500 bills every other month and no compassion from the customer service. Never heard of the other company.. dont care really.. between gas prices and higher electric bills does it even matter anymore.
Power up

Williamsport, PA

#6 Feb 25, 2011
DUH wrote:
Does it really matter.. Allegheny Power sucked ANYWAY. 500 bills every other month and no compassion from the customer service. Never heard of the other company.. dont care really.. between gas prices and higher electric bills does it even matter anymore.
Obviously your one of those dirt bags any power company would want to get rid of! Never paid your bill, did ya? Wait till you see your next one now that FE has taken over, they sure don't need you! DUH
Roll the Bones

United States

#7 Feb 25, 2011
Allegheny was bad, First Energy is worse!
Dave

Chambersburg, PA

#8 Feb 25, 2011
Grumpy wrote:
"under my energy plan prices will necessarily skyrocket!" We reap what we sow!
Grumps, you dumb ***, this has nothing to do with cap &trade.
Grumpy

Chambersburg, PA

#9 Feb 25, 2011
Dave wrote:
<quoted text> Grumps, you dumb ***, this has nothing to do with cap &trade.
Oh, of course. How silly of me to suspect anything of the people in power. They have nothing but our best interests in mind. You have convinced me Davey boy. Now I'm a genius just like you. But, did I say anything about cap and trade or did I just quote a statement from the dear leader and wonder? I need to remember that you and Danny boy know everything and I am just a dumb retired person who should learn to keep his mouth shut and opinions to himself. Oh you are so wonderful for allowing me to breathe Davey. Thank you, thank you, a thousand times thank you.
Mofo

Watseka, IL

#10 Feb 25, 2011
Grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, of course. How silly of me to suspect anything of the people in power. They have nothing but our best interests in mind. You have convinced me Davey boy. Now I'm a genius just like you. But, did I say anything about cap and trade or did I just quote a statement from the dear leader and wonder? I need to remember that you and Danny boy know everything and I am just a dumb retired person who should learn to keep his mouth shut and opinions to himself. Oh you are so wonderful for allowing me to breathe Davey. Thank you, thank you, a thousand times thank you.
shut up, that dear leader signs your paycheck.
Question

Mercersburg, PA

#11 Feb 25, 2011
Does anyone know anything about PALMCO?
Just wait

Newport, PA

#12 Feb 26, 2011
You think Allegheny is bad....just wait till First Energy takes over! I used to have Allegheny years ago and then moved and had to switch to First Energy and my electric increased a good bit. Right now I live in a 1600 sq ft home, burn a wood stove for heat, and my electric bill runs 250+ a month. Summer is even worst it is over 300! Also if you try to go on budget they make you pay the balance to 0 at the end of your 12 month cycle..so when that happens you end up with a 600+ bill.
Dave

Chambersburg, PA

#13 Feb 26, 2011
Grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>
And that statement had to do & cap & trade not anything to do with power companies, deregulation, and mergers.

You can have all the opinions you want but at least to try to base them on the truth.
Dave

Chambersburg, PA

#14 Feb 26, 2011
Its tough to switch providers based on quoted rates. They give you a price, good for only part of the required sign up period.

The best way to save on your electric is to use less.
new customer

Chambersburg, PA

#15 Feb 26, 2011
Question wrote:
Does anyone know anything about PALMCO?
I just talked to them on the phone...go to their website and sign up to request info. They will call you back. Their kilowatt hours are only 6.49...Allegheny Power is 7.20. We signed up to switch!(and so did about 70% of Allegheny Power customers)
Simple and painless! Do it!
Power up

Williamsport, PA

#16 Feb 26, 2011
new customer wrote:
<quoted text>
I just talked to them on the phone...go to their website and sign up to request info. They will call you back. Their kilowatt hours are only 6.49...Allegheny Power is 7.20. We signed up to switch!(and so did about 70% of Allegheny Power customers)
Simple and painless! Do it!
Boy that's a sell job!! LOL Sucker, read the fine print in the contract!
This is Important

Carlisle, PA

#17 Feb 26, 2011
I do know one thing my electric meter
hasn't been read (by Allegheny) in over
4 month. It should have been read before
the end of December because the cap
being taken off and maybe a difference
in price. I don't want to hear that it
was the weather and couldn't get to meter.
November & December our weather wasn't bad.
What happened to the meter reader?????
To lazy????

“Snarko ergo sum!”

Since: Jan 10

West of the Moon, PA

#18 Feb 26, 2011
Just wait wrote:
You think Allegheny is bad....just wait till First Energy takes over! I used to have Allegheny years ago and then moved and had to switch to First Energy and my electric increased a good bit. Right now I live in a 1600 sq ft home, burn a wood stove for heat, and my electric bill runs 250+ a month. Summer is even worst it is over 300! Also if you try to go on budget they make you pay the balance to 0 at the end of your 12 month cycle..so when that happens you end up with a 600+ bill.
Have you tried closing your doors and windows?
Help Yourself

Carlisle, PA

#19 Feb 26, 2011
This is Important wrote:
To lazy????
You can report your own meter reading either online or by phone, to prevent bad estimates. Instructions to do this are on the back of your bill, it is very easy. This will help them make better monthly estimates in the future. Normally they take an actual reading every month (shown in a black bar on your usage graphs). Estimated bills are a gray bar. Taking readings every other month saves them money. What saves them money, saves you the customer money.
Power up

Williamsport, PA

#20 Feb 26, 2011
This is Important wrote:
To lazy????
Sounds like your too lazy, read your own meter every month. Meter readers are becoming a thing of the past. With smart meters the power companies will be able to read your meters on a daily basis, now when they ar being tampered with, know when your power is off and most importantly, be able to bill you on a variable rate! Yes, rates will be higher during the day and lower at night. Get ready for that, First energy is planning a huge program to replace all meters to peak rate billing!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

FirstEnergy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
double bill (Jan '14) Jan '14 H Sig 1
FirstEnergy hydroelectric statio... (Nov '13) Nov '13 ndact 1
Lawsuit against FirstEnergy claims wrongful ter... (May '08) Aug '13 pam 3
Closing of Western Pennsylvania power plants le... (Jul '13) Aug '13 Joe 2
Pipeline To Be Built Within Mile Of Nuclear Plant (Nov '12) Nov '12 Greg 1
Nuclear Cracks Tied to Lack of Coating (Mar '12) Mar '12 Dan 1
FirstEnergy plans job fair (Jan '08) Mar '12 Former Nuke 24
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••