Utility regulators in Ohio say they didn't intend to eliminate ...

Utility regulators in Ohio say they never intended to allow an end to discounts for all-electric homes when they approved a new rate plan for FirstEnergy. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Sherri of FREEDOM

Chagrin Falls, OH

#42 Mar 4, 2010
Well, I certainly don't get all that political hoola, but I can assure you, I get it when the consumers are getting screwed and this is a big time job !
When I put my home on undeveloped land, First Energy was "right there" to entice me to go all electric with the promise of NO rate increase. There definitely was no advance notice of the rate increase....it just happened...BAM, triple monthly electric bills ! I'm not sure who is doing the math, but the state is broke, people have no jobs and the poverty level is at an all time high. By scamming more money out of the poor people while the PUCO is maintaining the high profit level...is this how it works ? I'm in the wrong business and get the PUCO out of here !
Julie

Dayton, OH

#43 Mar 4, 2010
Our bill for December was 388.00 and then January was 666.85 I'm scared to see what the bill is going to look like this month. We unplugged everything that can be unplugged run our heat at 65 (I've got babies at home I need to keep warm) and still it keeps doubling. I'm praying that something will change, it's insane that our electric bill is higher then our house payment.
Jim

Chesterland, OH

#44 Mar 4, 2010
I've heard from a lot of people, even without all-electric homes, that their bill has more than doubled. This has to be illegal in some form. It's the very definition of gouging. I really think Fox 8 should do an in-depth story on this so everyone out there will know exactly who NOT to vote for in the next elections. This is outright robbery. Put PUCO in the spotlight, just like ACORN. DEMAND THESE CLOWNS ANSWER TO WHO SIGNS THEIR PAYCHECKS!!!
ladyday

Uniontown, OH

#45 Mar 4, 2010
I'm all electric and my bill this time last year was $200. This year it was over $550 for one month. It doesn't matter if we all-electric home owners get our discount rate back or not. NOW I don't trust the electric company or the PUCO even more. I'm still going to buy a pellet stove and say "screw you electric co." You burned me once with this crap you pulled, you won't burn me again.
Valarie Covert

Lakewood, OH

#46 Mar 4, 2010
I've lived in my apartment for 2 years. For the first year and half, I wasn't enrolled in evening classes. I worked full time and was usually home in the evening, which means that's about the only time I consumed electric with the exception of my refrigerator and alarm clock. I never leave lights on when I am gone, and in the summer, although I am on the 6th floor, I can get away without using the wall-unit air conditioner, so I use an oscillating fan instead, again, only when I am home. For this year an a half I speak of, my monthly electric bill was about $17-$20.

Now, not only do I work full-time during the week and go to school full-time in the evenings, I frequently sleep over at my boyfriend's place, resulting in me being home very little. Guess how much my electric bill was this month?$50.

I mean, I didn't even CARE about the discount, because I paid so little to begin with. But seriously? More than doubling when I barely have a lightbulb burning??
Dee

Cleveland, OH

#47 Mar 8, 2010
What does First Energy have to do with my rates going up. I have the Illuinating Co. and my supplier is Gexa.NOPEC recommened Gexa in our area for our supplier. I know First Energy is going to take over Gexa but it hasn't yet.Doesn't seem like any of the people that are working for the people have investigated before they allowed this to happen.People in electric homes were not informed of increase and the destuction they will cause to electric homes.
Dee

Cleveland, OH

#48 Mar 8, 2010
Angela wrote:
I bought my all electric house last October thinking is was going to be great going to a greener energy source. Now my electric bill is more than my mortgage for one month! Now I have to chose which one to pay because I can't pay both and eat! My bill trippled since last year this time. I will never buy an all electric house again if something does not change.
By doing what they did the value of your home will be worthless.No one will want to buy it.They took away the value of all Electric homes.Witch will hurt the economy even more.
Dee

Cleveland, OH

#49 Mar 8, 2010
geeohman wrote:
First Energy has proposed restoring MOST.. Bull .. 20% INCREASE !
GIVE ME THE LAWSUIT ! RESTORE THE 'CONTRACTED" Rate !
Cap and Trade have caused prices to go up on everything. Congress knew the prices would go up. In this economy they are causing catastrophe that we will never recover from

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

FirstEnergy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
double bill (Jan '14) Jan '14 H Sig 1
FirstEnergy hydroelectric statio... (Nov '13) Nov '13 ndact 1
Lawsuit against FirstEnergy claims wrongful ter... (May '08) Aug '13 pam 3
Closing of Western Pennsylvania power plants le... (Jul '13) Aug '13 Joe 2
Pipeline To Be Built Within Mile Of Nuclear Plant (Nov '12) Nov '12 Greg 1
Nuclear Cracks Tied to Lack of Coating (Mar '12) Mar '12 Dan 1
FirstEnergy plans job fair (Jan '08) Mar '12 Former Nuke 24
More from around the web