Dyer Streets: White Pond has some seeing red

Akron officials say changes to the traffic pattern in the White Pond Drive area are designed for ''traffic calming.'' But many residents are a lot less calm than they used to be. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Feb 08

Akron, OH

#22 Aug 29, 2008
just saying wrote:
First Energy could have easily used their Market st. entrance to their new building; after all it is already in a business district.
And how does that reduce traffic on White Pond and move it to Frank?

Since: Mar 07

United States

#23 Sep 1, 2008
Uncle Ed wrote:
<quoted text>
I still think your man-crush on Bob is cute. It is great to see you stand by your man and his articles,****.
((chucklin')) Oh my, so defensive.

Never fear Eddyboy, y'alls position as Dyer's number one kneepad boy isn't in jeopardy.
Neighbor not on W Pond

United States

#24 Sep 1, 2008
So now White Pond has no traffic just as a few of the residents of that street wanted.(Ever wonder how they were able to make that happen...? Somebody involved has some major connections to the County government.)
Where is all the traffic going? Lots of it is being dumped on Frank but a LOT of it is coming through the small residential streets surrounding White Pond. Let's see how long it takes anyone to come to the assistance of the neighboring residents. From the responses we have gotten so far, we obviously don't have anyone who has an in with the County living on our streets.
Most neighbors to White Pond are furious...something needs to be done.
akron commuter

United States

#25 Sep 4, 2008
Neighbor not on W Pond wrote:
So now White Pond has no traffic just as a few of the residents of that street wanted.(Ever wonder how they were able to make that happen...? Somebody involved has some major connections to the County government.)
Where is all the traffic going? Lots of it is being dumped on Frank but a LOT of it is coming through the small residential streets surrounding White Pond. Let's see how long it takes anyone to come to the assistance of the neighboring residents. From the responses we have gotten so far, we obviously don't have anyone who has an in with the County living on our streets.
Most neighbors to White Pond are furious...something needs to be done.
Not to talk about winter but I am only guessing you will have a lot of stuck cars in the snow due to the fact all the little side streets that rarely got plowed to begin with will now never get plowed. Even though I am pretty sure the chosen few will make sure that the non existant street named White Pond will get done no matter what
akron commuter

United States

#26 Sep 12, 2008
If anyone is reading this, You should take a look at ohio.com and find that the article about white pond has been deleted.

“I'm as Mad as Hell...”

Since: Mar 07

Your Neighbor & Friend

#27 Sep 12, 2008
The way BJ is a'blowin', Dyer's job may be deleted.

But, good news for Dyer die-hards. I've nominated him for inclusion as the newest Zooperstars character: "Bobble-head Dyer". They're not quite sure, though, what kind of animal should portray him.

Any thoughts?
akron commuter

United States

#28 Sep 12, 2008
Howard Beale Jr wrote:
But, good news for Dyer die-hards. I've nominated him for inclusion as the newest Zooperstars character: "Bobble-head Dyer". They're not quite sure, though, what kind of animal should portray him.
Any thoughts?
I Don't care about his articles I am pissed at the fact that it was delteted because of 1 man that lives on white pond

“Stupidity should be painful”

Since: Jun 08

Akron Area

#29 Sep 12, 2008
Howard Beale Jr wrote:
Any thoughts?
Maybe he can direct traffic at the kiddie's birthday parties...sjt

Since: Feb 08

Akron, OH

#30 Sep 12, 2008
akron commuter wrote:
If anyone is reading this, You should take a look at ohio.com and find that the article about white pond has been deleted.
Not it has not.

http://www.ohio.com/news/top_stories/27632314...
just saying

Akron, OH

#31 Sep 12, 2008
Gain Some Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
And how does that reduce traffic on White Pond and move it to Frank?

My point was why not put up a light at the Market street entrance to First Energy and use that entrance to the new First Energy Complex.
I never said that traffic on White Pond should be reduced and moved to Frank. I agree with another poster who stated that White Pond IS a main street and has been for years. I actually agree with the idea of buying out the owners on Frank and widening it because we all know that has always been an alternate route to Market. They need to take the barricades down. It seems like an neighborhood under lockdown to me

“KISS my Pandas”

Since: Sep 08

Stow, OH

#32 Sep 12, 2008
Half a year to rack up a lot of complaints on the
road blockage. When people who live on this main
street can't get directly home, something is cer-
tainly wrong.
They could know in three months if this is a good
idea or not. Why a six month period? County
government....
unhappy

United States

#33 Sep 15, 2008
Why was it taken off the bob dyers most recent articles. It skips the 29th of aug. Thiught maybe the man responsible for these barricades has an in with the beacon
Harry

United States

#34 Oct 10, 2008
Wow! Who knew?
Concerned commuter

Akron, OH

#35 Jan 31, 2009
White Pond was never to be the main access to rt. 77 Frank Blvd was. It just worked out that commuters found shoetcuts down White Pond and Pershing. Why not just follow the signs and take Frank? It doesn't take any longer and if it does, it is a few minutes. Geeeesh.
concerned commuter

Akron, OH

#36 Feb 20, 2009
Something Wicked wrote:
Half a year to rack up a lot of complaints on the
road blockage. When people who live on this main
street can't get directly home, something is cer-
tainly wrong.
They could know in three months if this is a good
idea or not. Why a six month period? County
government....
I understand there are a lot of residents who like the barricades. So a half a year to rack up positive feedback. Sorry the city took away your shortcut.
WPR

Akron, OH

#37 Jun 3, 2009
It is good to see people walking their dogs with their families and children riding their bikes on White Pond Drive.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

FirstEnergy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
double bill (Jan '14) Jan '14 H Sig 1
FirstEnergy hydroelectric statio... (Nov '13) Nov '13 ndact 1
Lawsuit against FirstEnergy claims wrongful ter... (May '08) Aug '13 pam 3
Closing of Western Pennsylvania power plants le... (Jul '13) Aug '13 Joe 2
Pipeline To Be Built Within Mile Of Nuclear Plant (Nov '12) Nov '12 Greg 1
Nuclear Cracks Tied to Lack of Coating (Mar '12) Mar '12 Dan 1
FirstEnergy plans job fair (Jan '08) Mar '12 Former Nuke 24

FirstEnergy People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE