FirstEnergy plans job fair

Full story: Akron Beacon Journal

FirstEnergy Corp. expects to hire 1,100 people this year. And next year. And the year after that.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 24 of24
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Former Nuke

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2010

I worked for FirstEnergy for nearly 23 years, both at Perry and at Davis-Besse. In 2004, I was handed a severance package, take it or leave it. I took it.

I'm now working for a really professional engineering firm, about the same salary I was making at FirstEnergy, my blood pressure and health are back to normal, and I don't have to carry a damn pager or cell phone that was essentially an electronic leash, and I actually get paid for any overtime needed.

Would I ever consider going back to work for FirstEnergy? HELL, NO !!
Undercover Brother

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2010

They will need a thousand workers just to change that "cracked" Reactor head at Davis-Besse! This is the "SECOND TIME THE HEAD FAILED"!!!

Think they'll get it right this time???? Probab;y not - YOU'RE PAYING FOR THEIR MISTAKES!

MEET GREEDY KILO-WATT!

“Lohio Bound”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2010

Judged:

Undercover Brother wrote:
They will need a thousand workers just to change that "cracked" Reactor head at Davis-Besse! This is the "SECOND TIME THE HEAD FAILED"!!!
Think they'll get it right this time???? Probab;y not - YOU'RE PAYING FOR THEIR MISTAKES!
MEET GREEDY KILO-WATT!
You stupid idiot, you have no idea what you're talking about. STFU until you learn to speak the truth. All you do is blah blah blah and you're rarely correct.

Remember to post here how much your rate increases as a result of this head replacement, fool. Put up or shut up.
Former Nuke

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2012

FirstEnergy does not want experienced workers. That's exactly why the employees that were handed severance packages after 10, 15, 20+ years with the company do not and cannot go back. Part of the severance agreement essentially bans the former employees from ever applying to FirstEnergy ever again. Why? The coprporation can hire two inexperienced kids fresh out of college and full of theory (and malleable) for every seasoned employee they let go. I was severed in 2004 after 23 years with the corporation, and I found out that my experience is very marketable to other utilities who don't have the same nazi management attitude as I experienced working for them. I'm not disgruntled one bit. In fact, looking back at it, I'm now glad I was forced to move on.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 24 of24
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent FirstEnergy Discussions

Search the FirstEnergy Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
double bill (Jan '14) Jan '14 H Sig 1
FirstEnergy hydroelectric statio... (Nov '13) Nov '13 ndact 1
Lawsuit against FirstEnergy claims wrongful ter... (May '08) Aug '13 pam 3
Closing of Western Pennsylvania power plants le... (Jul '13) Aug '13 Joe 2
Pipeline To Be Built Within Mile Of Nuclear Plant (Nov '12) Nov '12 Greg 1
Nuclear Cracks Tied to Lack of Coating (Mar '12) Mar '12 Dan 1
Sierra Club celebrates power plant shutdowns (Feb '12) Feb '12 Mike R 1
•••
•••