FirstEnergy Plans $200 Million Plant Conversion To Biomass

Full story: Hartford Courant

FirstEnergy Corp. plans to convert a coal-burning power plant in Ohio to a biomass-burning one, cutting pollution drifting into Connecticut, state Attorney General Richard Blumenthal said today.
Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated Apr 2, 2009
Bill

Simsbury, CT

#1 Apr 1, 2009
Our Attorney General is claiming credit for spending $200 million, and it won't produce any additional power ... just save coal, of which we have plenty. It's unlikely that you'll be reading any scientific studies of pollution before conversion and pollution after conversion to verify the benefit of the investment. Most knowledgeable people think that modern nuclear power generation is the best way to go if we want to replace oil as a fuel source.
Eddy Merckx

East Hartford, CT

#2 Apr 2, 2009
Bill wrote:
Our Attorney General is claiming credit for spending $200 million, and it won't produce any additional power ... just save coal, of which we have plenty. It's unlikely that you'll be reading any scientific studies of pollution before conversion and pollution after conversion to verify the benefit of the investment. Most knowledgeable people think that modern nuclear power generation is the best way to go if we want to replace oil as a fuel source.
Coal my friend, is the topic here not oil, and everyone knows coal even in the cleanest combustion method available is the dirtiest and most air polluting source of energy we as a nation have, it is not even arguable that it is not. Read the history of coal burning and you may learn , then again maybe you won't...
Gotta Love It

Pittsburgh, PA

#3 Apr 2, 2009
Wonder how much power rates will be going up for this crap

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

FirstEnergy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
double bill (Jan '14) Jan '14 H Sig 1
FirstEnergy hydroelectric statio... (Nov '13) Nov '13 ndact 1
Lawsuit against FirstEnergy claims wrongful ter... (May '08) Aug '13 pam 3
Closing of Western Pennsylvania power plants le... (Jul '13) Aug '13 Joe 2
Pipeline To Be Built Within Mile Of Nuclear Plant (Nov '12) Nov '12 Greg 1
Nuclear Cracks Tied to Lack of Coating (Mar '12) Mar '12 Dan 1
FirstEnergy plans job fair (Jan '08) Mar '12 Former Nuke 24
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••