Bright Idea? FirstEnergy Customers Pa...

Bright Idea? FirstEnergy Customers Paying for Light Bulbs

There are 116 comments on the WJW Fox 8 Cleveland story from Oct 7, 2009, titled Bright Idea? FirstEnergy Customers Paying for Light Bulbs. In it, WJW Fox 8 Cleveland reports that:

Like it or not, FirstEnergy Corp. will distribute nearly 4 million low-electricity light bulbs to its residential customers in Ohio.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WJW Fox 8 Cleveland.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Bonnie

Cleveland, OH

#105 Oct 8, 2009
Extortion AND a violation of US Postal Service laws. You do not have to pay for anything you did not order. Period.

Also, there HAS to be a way to opt out of any program like this. Look to the FTC for those laws.

PUCO is utterly clueless, as are any legislators that agree with this plan.

FYI, you can get these bulbs at the DOLLAR STORE. I have used them for several years. I do not need, nor want bulbs from First Energy, and will promptly send them back... and DEMAND a credit if this "plan" goes through.
Phyllis Lester

Maple Heights, OH

#106 Oct 8, 2009
Sure these lights may save on electric usage but what about our safety in handling the poisonous materials in this light bulb and its polution to the environment!! Whose going to deal with that problem? Only the General Electris Company will benefit from this albatross!!Lobbying and cronyism does pay off.I'm mad !! I want the incandescent bulbs!! Just tell people to remember to turn them off!!!
cindy

Ashtabula, OH

#107 Oct 8, 2009
you should be asked if you want these bulbs, we have ours in our home. At alot cheaper price. we should have the choice of what to do . That is what we vote for. We still have the right to vote.
Not a Lawyer

Cleveland, OH

#108 Oct 8, 2009
I am not a lawyer, but Ohio Revised Code 1333.60 states:
1333.60 Voluntary delivery of unordered goods constitutes unconditional gift.
Where any merchandise is offered for sale by means of its voluntary delivery to an offeree who has neither ordered nor requested it, the delivery of such merchandise constitutes an unconditional gift to the recipient.

Effective Date: 11-06-1969

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/1333.60

“Hello... Akron!”

Since: Oct 07

Akron

#109 Oct 8, 2009
RevRhubarb

Painesville, OH

#110 Oct 8, 2009
Scooter Moonpie wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess it's easier to complain that to do one's own research.
No one is making CFLs in the US today.
http://energystar.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/energy...
Google can be your friend.
My ministry has CFL's (Christended Flower Lais) for a nominal* donation.

-
*Nominal NOT cheap.
comeonseriously

Cleveland, OH

#111 Oct 8, 2009
Regardless of your opinion about Kucinch - at least he stood up and said WTF!

Here's your bulb (oh and you pay for them) and you'll pay for the energy you save but we don't get paid for.

Only in America. My head is nearly exploding at the gall, the balls, the arrogance!
Sherlock

Painesville, OH

#112 Oct 8, 2009
whosoever shall cast thine light bulb upon thy masses shall receiveth thine rath of thy capri of cafaro and dwell in thine concourse of thy mall for eternity. (B10:G55)
RevRhubarb

Painesville, OH

#113 Oct 8, 2009
Above was axually by me howver a computer glich by satan interrupted my tramsmission.
Linda

Painesville, OH

#114 Oct 8, 2009
Very suspicious.
RevRhubarb

Painesville, OH

#115 Oct 8, 2009
That Linda is a loose women, dont pay any attention to her.

nmweatherman

“l'enfer, c'est les autres”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#116 Oct 8, 2009
ALI wrote:
This should not be enacted! I don't want to pay First Energy any more than I already do. My current monthly bill with them has increased by 500% per month! Yes, 500%! Due to an increase that was passed 5 months ago and approved by PUCO.
Just wait until Obama gets his energy tax passed! You're going to love it!
Paulette

Greenford, OH

#117 Oct 9, 2009
What happened to freedom of choice! I buy and use these bulbs, but I resent First Energy forcing me to accept their distribution AND PAY FOR IT!
Paulette

Greenford, OH

#118 Oct 9, 2009
Thank you "Not a Lawyer"! First Energy and the PUCO need to read this!!!!
Not a Lawyer wrote:
I am not a lawyer, but Ohio Revised Code 1333.60 states:
1333.60 Voluntary delivery of unordered goods constitutes unconditional gift.
Where any merchandise is offered for sale by means of its voluntary delivery to an offeree who has neither ordered nor requested it, the delivery of such merchandise constitutes an unconditional gift to the recipient.
Effective Date: 11-06-1969
http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/1333.60
RevRhubarb

Painesville, OH

#119 Oct 9, 2009
In light of the controversy I am awarding a FREE* light bulb icon to all commentees.

-*You will be billed $1.75 a months for P&H&D&C
Not a Lawyer

Cleveland, OH

#120 Oct 9, 2009
Paulette wrote:
Thank you "Not a Lawyer"! First Energy and the PUCO need to read this!!!!
<quoted text>
Sent to both. Received what appeared to be basically a canned response teling me that I cannot opt out and not never referring to my reference to the ORC.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

FirstEnergy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
double bill (Jan '14) Jan '14 H Sig 1
News FirstEnergy hydroelectric statio... (Nov '13) Nov '13 ndact 1
News Lawsuit against FirstEnergy claims wrongful ter... (May '08) Aug '13 pam 3
News Closing of Western Pennsylvania power plants le... (Jul '13) Aug '13 Joe 2
News Pipeline To Be Built Within Mile Of Nuclear Plant (Nov '12) Nov '12 Greg 1
News Nuclear Cracks Tied to Lack of Coating (Mar '12) Mar '12 Dan 1
News FirstEnergy plans job fair (Jan '08) Mar '12 Former Nuke 24
More from around the web