Bright Idea? FirstEnergy Customers Paying for Light Bulbs

Full story: WJW Fox 8 Cleveland

Like it or not, FirstEnergy Corp. will distribute nearly 4 million low-electricity light bulbs to its residential customers in Ohio.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of116
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
David Swartzentruber

Centerburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2009

Judged:

Since the customer is forced to participate, forced to pay for the product as well as"kickback" the savings, isn't that what all the lawsuits are about in cleveland right now, Kick backs?
Puertorican mami

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2009

Judged:

oh they came with that now?.....i have been using those light bulbs for a while already. You see a big difference in your light bill...
Concerned public

Dover, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2009

Judged:

If the bulbs arrive broken we can just send them back broken and let First Energy deal with the lengthy cleanup procedures...
Bob

Chagrin Falls, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2009

Judged:

Watts this all about ?
ronn

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2009

Judged:

The bulbs are good and I have plenty of them in the house. But to be forced to use them and pay for them, is purely rediculous. I dont like to be controlled with issues made for me by others.
Sam

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2009

Judged:

Here's an idea... force FE to REDUCE prices.

And this is clearly
A) unconstitutional -- they do not have the right to force you to use this bulb

B) against free market -- which brand will they try to force us to use? If I am already force to buy it, I should have the right to chose which brand of bulb I want/like.

This state is horrible!
Tim

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2009

Judged:

I resent having to receive CFL light bulbs that I didn't order or want. Plus, I have to pay for them, too! This is wrong-headed and a violation of my individual rights. Why doesn't First Energy spend their efforts on reducing their sky high electric rates?
Anti-Obama

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2009

Judged:

Another Communist Obama Plan.
David Bittel

Lakewood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2009

Judged:

This is America and nobody is going to tell me what I will do like it or not. take your light bulb and put it somewhere were the sun don't shine and maby it will go to good use, Get REAL "Here have a better light bulb it will save you and us money and by the way here's your bill for the $60.00 that we will save you over the next few years," Thanks but NO THANKS give them out for FREE or like I said at the top put them to better use.
April

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2009

Judged:

We have been using these bulbs for 2 years, and honestly do not need the help from FE. However the concept is a great idea, customers paying for the bulbs and the unused energy is really quite crappy.
LCB

Elyria, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2009

Judged:

Ah yes WORST Energy is at it again looking for more creative ways to raise rates. Thanks to all the folks who voted to de-regulate the industry without first doing some homework. We sure have realized some savings and competition has flourished, yeah right!

Since: Mar 09

Ashtabula, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2009

Judged:

FU FE
Wayne

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2009

Judged:

I allready use these bulbs.Why should I be forced to buy these at a inflated price.You can buy a 5 pack of 15 watt for under $10.00
Just wondering how much money they will make on this?This is nothing but a clear ripp-off of the customer(us).
Eastsidr

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2009

Judged:

I am all for energy conservation, but I am not for forced conservation that is being mandated by our government. Follow the money trail. Who is First Energy buying off at PUCO to get this through. They are the ones who have to OK fees like this. Top it all off, they are trying to charge for services not rendered. That is not legal the last time I checked.
cleveland chris

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2009

Judged:

if it helps to see Stacy Bell better...i'll use it
nodice

Chardon, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2009

Judged:

This is wrong to force people to use these light bulbs. What about people like me who use them where I can to save money each month? Now I will be charged extra? Stupid! Too much Big Brother out there!
Joe Bauer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2009

Judged:

Anti-Obama wrote:
Another Communist Obama Plan.
You need help!
Jean Durant

Twinsburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2009

Judged:

The First Energy light bulb “give away” is extortion! You are under no obligation to either pay for or send back anything sent/mailed to you that you didn’t order, so why are we being forced to pay for these bulbs if we don’t want them.

These bulbs are not suitable for all households. They contain mercury which is especially dangerous for children and fetuses and can contaminate the soil.

Manufacturers and the federal government haven't come up with effective recycling methods for CFLs.

I already have the compact florescent bulbs in every light in my house….. purchased at Home Depot for $14.00 for a six pack. They last 1 to 3, not 5 to 7 years.

And…. What if the bulbs are faulty? Do we have to spend our money to send them back? Just absorb the $21 loss? Hand carry them to first energy?

And to top it off, the American economy is struggling and first Energy bought the bulbs from China.
Aztec Warrior

Dearborn, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2009

Judged:

I changed to CFL's already so I would get the savings in using less electricity. I dont need to be forced to participate in their plan to rip off the public. FIRST ENERGY KEEP YOUR 2 DAMM BULBS AND DON'T CHARGE ME $27.60 BECAUSE I USE LESS ELECTRICITY!!
Ron

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2009

Judged:

I do not know why the PUCO and our State Government came up with this hair brained plan which costs the First Energy users more that if we just bought the bulbs at the store. We need new members of the PUCO and State legislature who can think!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of116
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent FirstEnergy Discussions

Search the FirstEnergy Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
double bill Jan '14 H Sig 1
FirstEnergy hydroelectric statio... Nov '13 ndact 1
Lawsuit against FirstEnergy claims wrongful ter... (May '08) Aug '13 pam 3
Closing of Western Pennsylvania power plants le... (Jul '13) Aug '13 Joe 2
Pipeline To Be Built Within Mile Of Nuclear Plant (Nov '12) Nov '12 Greg 1
Nuclear Cracks Tied to Lack of Coating (Mar '12) Mar '12 Dan 1
FirstEnergy plans job fair (Jan '08) Mar '12 Former Nuke 24
•••
•••