Excitement Builds for Extreme Build - Regional News - Berks Story -...

Full story: WFMZ

The ABC reality TV show "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" was in Berks County Wednesday asking for help.
Comments
21 - 23 of 23 Comments Last updated Aug 1, 2010
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
I LL TELL YOU WHAT

Allentown, PA

#22 Aug 1, 2010
TildenResident wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you. Not to mention the amount being spent on Barta running back and forth. This is all taxpayers $ being wasted. Christian Leinbach was on the local news saying this is a "community" project and was almost proud to say it was taxpayers dollars at work. I say bring all the spectators through Hamburg to see roads that are so bad you can barely steer down the main street, brand new roads sittng not being used, closed bridges, etc. Not to mention trying to get in and out of Hamburg on I-78. Maybe if a bus load of people almost get hit it'll make a difference.
The HBA admitted in one of their videos that because the historical value couldn't be authenticated the house could be torn down. AND we all know that there is a very key person involoved in the building industry and the conservancy. Conflict of interest if you ask me ...
I think a lot of people fail to realize that this is not only a home BUT also all new animal sheds, pasture, silo, etc. Start reading people! If you're really struggling to make ends meet, do you need the added expense of large animals?
Now there is a flag football fundraier to boot on Aug. 2? Gheesh, when does it stop. I have not donated, I have not volunteered, nor do I plan to do either. Help the community as a whole and I will.
just let me know where the football circus is so I can plan an alternative route through town.
TildenResident

Hamburg, PA

#23 Aug 1, 2010
I LL TELL YOU WHAT wrote:
<quoted text>
just let me know where the football circus is so I can plan an alternative route through town.
www.berksextremebuild.com has the details. It will be at the Hamburg Park. I guess we should all get excited that Christy Brinkley is coming to Hamburg. ROFL, hope her limo gets stuck in traffic.

On the up side at least this fundraiser is for the American Heart Assoc.
I LL TELL YOU WHAT

Newmanstown, PA

#24 Aug 1, 2010
TildenResident wrote:
<quoted text>
www.berksextremebuild.com has the details. It will be at the Hamburg Park. I guess we should all get excited that Christy Brinkley is coming to Hamburg. ROFL, hope her limo gets stuck in traffic.
On the up side at least this fundraiser is for the American Heart Assoc.
I thought she was deceased or disfigured or something by her ex husband?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

FirstEnergy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
double bill (Jan '14) Jan '14 H Sig 1
FirstEnergy hydroelectric statio... (Nov '13) Nov '13 ndact 1
Lawsuit against FirstEnergy claims wrongful ter... (May '08) Aug '13 pam 3
Closing of Western Pennsylvania power plants le... (Jul '13) Aug '13 Joe 2
Pipeline To Be Built Within Mile Of Nuclear Plant (Nov '12) Nov '12 Greg 1
Nuclear Cracks Tied to Lack of Coating (Mar '12) Mar '12 Dan 1
FirstEnergy plans job fair (Jan '08) Mar '12 Former Nuke 24
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••