Reynoldsburg might buy electricity in...

Reynoldsburg might buy electricity in bulk | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 3 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Nov 20, 2010, titled Reynoldsburg might buy electricity in bulk | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Reynoldsburg officials say they can save residents money by buying electricity in bulk on their behalf.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

MIckey

United States

#1 Nov 20, 2010
Don't people learn? People got ripped off when cities crammed the gas aggregation plan down our throats. Anyone who forgot to or did not get around to opting out from that deal wound up losing money because more often than not, the rates they paid were higher than if they had stayed with Columbia Gas. I am skepitcal that customers would really save 5% from staying with AEP in the long run. I bet that other hidden fees will pop up.

And what a misleading statement: "FirstEnergy Solutions estimated that the deal would save residents $20 to $50 a year for a family using 9,000 to 10,200 kilowatt hours a year". That spread of 150% for the estimated savings is outrageous and shows that it is nothing than spin. I interpret that as most people would save closer to $20/year, or the cost of one trip to McDonalds for the family. The only winners in this are the consultants that the city hired who will skim a little off everyone's bill and make hundreds of thousands of dollars because they are good BSers.
Fallsbury

Harrison, AR

#2 Nov 20, 2010
When is the state of Ohio going to let the customers of Ohio rural electric cooperatives take advantage of changing their electric company and rate on their electric bill. Has any body noticed that the Ohio rural electric cooperative electric rates are very high in comparsion to investor owned companies. It is now the time to change this old inefficent system of supplying electric to Ohio rural electric customers, lets phased out the electric copperatives and save their customers money.
taxpayer

Naperville, IL

#3 Nov 20, 2010
Visibly absent from the Dispatchs' article is how much the City makes for each resident who signs up-think it was around $10.00. They obviously didn't learn the lesson on the gas aggreagation program that was touted as saving everyone money and ended up costing more...Maybe Governor Elect Kasich will give the City administration their state jobs back-now that would really save residents some money...esapcially when some such as the mayor only work a couple hours a day...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

FirstEnergy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News FirstEnergy raising $500 million with new stock... (Aug '16) Aug '16 lilbitmighty 1
double bill (Jan '14) Jan '14 H Sig 1
News FirstEnergy hydroelectric statio... (Nov '13) Nov '13 ndact 1
News Lawsuit against FirstEnergy claims wrongful ter... (May '08) Aug '13 pam 3
News Closing of Western Pennsylvania power plants le... (Jul '13) Aug '13 Joe 2
News Pipeline To Be Built Within Mile Of Nuclear Plant (Nov '12) Nov '12 Greg 1
News Nuclear Cracks Tied to Lack of Coating (Mar '12) Mar '12 Dan 1
More from around the web