Macy's Advertising in Jacksonville With No Store in N.E. Florid...

There are 23 comments on the WTLV-TV Jacksonville story from Sep 21, 2006, titled Macy's Advertising in Jacksonville With No Store in N.E. Florid.... In it, WTLV-TV Jacksonville reports that:

By Karen Brune Mathis Florida Times-Union JACKSONVILLE, FL -- Macy's is advertising in the Jacksonville market even though they don't have a store in Northeast Florida -- yet.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTLV-TV Jacksonville.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
ELWYN

United States

#1 Sep 23, 2006
HELLO,

WE WILL BE VERY HAPPY TO HAVE MACY'S HERE IN JACKSONVILLE.IT WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE YOUR LOCATION IN THE RIVER CITY MARKETPLACE.
Harriet

United States

#2 Sep 28, 2006
Macy's where are you?
I moved here from New Jersey looking for Utopia.
How can I have Utopia without a Macy's Department Store near by? We need a macy's in Northeast Florida.
syd

Chicago, IL

#3 Feb 2, 2008
we need Macy's...need some class
Carl in Chicago

Hickory Hills, IL

#4 Feb 4, 2008
If you want class, you're not going to get it from macy's. They're going down the tubes, laying off maintenance workers and sales assocaites left and right, losing good labels and replacing them with junky in-house brands.
Not my real name

Ann Arbor, MI

#5 Feb 5, 2008
Wow! It's because you HAVEN'T had Macy's in your area that you want it! That's like hoping the bubonic plague will have its turn with you too! However, if we could get rid of Macy's altogether in the Midwest by having them open stores in previously unvisited markets, then I'm all for it!

Macy's GO AWAY! Marshall Field's COME BACK!
faby

Collierville, TN

#6 Apr 24, 2008
I like in Germantown TN, I shop at Macys every week and I am planin to move to Jacksonville FL. and I just found out there's No Macys over there. Love Macys, I buy all my family clothes there and everything for my home too.
Macys needs to open one in jacksonville.
Jo D

United States

#7 Sep 4, 2008
Why isn't there a Macy's in NE florida?
Marika Harris

Brunswick, GA

#8 Oct 5, 2008
I am hoping that Macy's will find a location in Jacksonville Florida because I;m so tired of paying shipping cost and mailing my payment to them. I am only able to shop store locations when I am visiting cities like Houston, Las Vegas, and many others but I receive the in-store coupons that majority of the times does me no good because there is no stores close enough for me to shop more often.
Macysisright

Jacksonville, FL

#9 Dec 27, 2008
Macy's is right. They have stores in podunks like gainesville and ocala, and of course, daytona beach and a half a dozen in orlando.
But for the most populous city in Florida, they rightly steer clear of sleepy stingy Jacksonville, full of slow-minded cheap rednecks and ornery republicans who have no sense of style or world view.
gloria

Green Cove Springs, FL

#10 Oct 29, 2009
We need a macys in jacksonville fl or flemingislad fl or orangepark fl. We need good store here there are alot of people here from all over who's waiting for macys to come here. I'm from CT. went to macys all the time.please come to jacksonville or flemingisland, orangepark fl. thank you gloria from green cove springs. ps. as for that writer who saids we don't one here because we all are rednecks thats not true they don't know what they are saying
macyhungry

United States

#12 Dec 4, 2009
We need Macy's in Jacksonville!! please, pretty please?
Coolyfett

Cumming, GA

#13 Feb 16, 2010
Very Interesting that Jax does not have a Macys...all those Rich people in Ortega, Ponte Vedra & Mandarin would go there a lot.
no macys in jax

Middleburg, FL

#14 Mar 2, 2011
there is no macy's in jax with a million people but there is one in the middle of nowhere that would be ocala florida go figure
nordstrom

Indianapolis, IN

#15 Jun 10, 2011
forget macy's... nordstrom is where its at!
hardealer

Fresh Meadows, NY

#16 Sep 3, 2011
OMG! NO Macys in JAX???? no way! i am leaving N.Y. in a few months and most have my Macys!!!!!!!!!! Oh well...I guess I go to Marshalls another one of my favs.!!! No Marshalls???? IM NOT MOVING!!!!! LOL
sue m

Catonsville, MD

#17 Oct 1, 2011
macys treats their help like garbage, they make sure to look good in the publics eye, but they have no respect for their employees.they treat us like garbage, and that is putting it nicely
hardealer

Brooklyn, NY

#18 Oct 2, 2011
Is it fair to say that ALL Macys treat their employees"like garbage" I dont think so! It will be unfair to think that ALL white people ARE racist or rednecks!...or are we?...darn people!
srobbie

Jacksonville, FL

#19 Apr 12, 2012
I was totally SHOCKED when I moved to Jacksonville
and discovered NO MACY'S !!! Why? I love Macy's and travel to Orlando frequently,so I shop there.But I am sure NE Fl. could use the revenue,and I could shop more often.
HARDEALER

Brooklyn, NY

#20 Apr 16, 2012
Marika Harris wrote:
I am hoping that Macy's will find a location in Jacksonville Florida because I;m so tired of paying shipping cost and mailing my payment to them. I am only able to shop store locations when I am visiting cities like Houston, Las Vegas, and many others but I receive the in-store coupons that majority of the times does me no good because there is no stores close enough for me to shop more often.
Marika...which is the most popular department store in Jax. and what county are you in? thanks!
Dissappointed

Jacksonville, FL

#21 Jun 26, 2012
i'm a macys lover. when i moved to jax and found out that there isn't a macys, i was highly dissapointed. where else can i get those great discounts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Federated Department Stores Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News From new mobile offerings to a potential off-pr... Jan '15 jeffry213 1
News AFA: Boycott Macy's for Sponsoring Gay Pride 'S... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Spotted Girl 103
News Mall Owner Stocks Go From First to Last as Spen... (Sep '13) Sep '13 GTA 1
News Target cuts ties with Deen; drugmaker distances (Jun '13) Jun '13 evil is as evil does 1
News JC Penney Wants To Borrow $500 Million To Boost... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Ky girl 1
News Former JCPenney CEO Mike Ulman Is Returning As ... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Former employee 18
News Martha Stewart defends J.C. Penney deal in Macy... (Mar '13) Apr '13 They Ron Johnsone... 4
More from around the web