Food Network faces backlash over Deen...

Food Network faces backlash over Deen ouster

There are 7 comments on the WAFF-TV Huntsville story from Jun 22, 2013, titled Food Network faces backlash over Deen ouster. In it, WAFF-TV Huntsville reports that:

The firestorm surrounding embattled celebrity chef Paula Deen ignited on another social media front moments after the Food Network announced it was parting ways with her.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WAFF-TV Huntsville.

Rose Castro

South Pasadena, CA

#1 Jun 22, 2013
My mother read to me the "Adventures of Huckleberry Finn" by Mark Twain with the "N word" in there over 200 times... because my mother spoke this word did that make her a racist? NO. I knew that it was in the content of literature and was not appropriate for me to use. What do we do in this country? Instead of using this as an opportunity to learn from our past...We actually took creative license and tampered with classic American literature. This is a sad commentary on our society that we can also interrogate someone for their vocabulary and when forthcoming punish them despite using this word, in an extreme case, which was following a violent incident. I hope that I live to say every word in Webster's Dictionary without fear of being fired. To the FN: How about this word... CANCELLED!
Royal 123

Alexandria, LA

#2 Jun 23, 2013
Food channel just began to stink to me. Did she have a show calling all the black people N word>>??? Did she have a little black helper on the show??? Did she have a mamie like GONE WITH THE WIND>>//?? Did she talk bad about Miss Oprah??? NO she has not committed the unforgiveable sin yet. FOOD channel you can KMA and SMD. figure it out , anything to hurt a southern white person is all game these days. Dean cooks good food and soul food. SO, have a little soul you dumb shirts and relax.
ONe less sponsor

Alexandria, LA

#3 Jun 23, 2013
Food Channel I hope you feel the impact of judging Mrs Dean . You will feel it on your bottom line for the stupid polictically correct move on your part. It will backlash on you for being judgemental ... I hope she finds another network to help grow its business, and Fcood Channel begs her to come back.... THen she can say who my Miget now>>
Cat74

Palatine, IL

#4 Jun 25, 2013
How well is Food Network doing today? I bet there are millions of people who will not watch them from now on. There are 2 other food channels in my Cable package. As far as Paula Deen is concerned she will survive the racial attack, and go on to make millions of more dollars.
ima hoosier

Greenfield, IN

#5 Jun 27, 2013
yall, paula dean always gives credit where credit is due to those who have passed down southern ways of heritage and of food recipies. she should team up with that martha steward its a good thing chick and compare northern cooking to southern cooking and then serve the food on a re-enactment civil war show. them yankees and them rebs could eat free. the re-enacters could submit recipies to pawla and martha for a future cookbook. something stupid for a title like how beans won the war... or varina davis crum cake. hows about jebs shilo stew. compare these to us grants goolash or to pulaskis pea salad and we will all be making john bell hoods pepper steak..... any way, i feel like someone has it out for paula an is making her life miserable.
Cat74

Barrington, IL

#6 Jun 27, 2013
Call your cable company, and tell them you want Food Network out of your package. They told me they couldn't do that unless many people felt the same way I do. Well, Tomorrow we will have a new cable company, and even if they have the Food network (I forgot to ask) I won't watch it, but I won't be giving dish my $108. dollars a month either. I don't believe in racial attack by lacks or whites.
Cat74

Barrington, IL

#7 Jun 27, 2013
Correction Blacks, not lacks

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Facebook Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Wide reach of social media: Amish kids on Facebook (Jun '11) 17 hr Buggy bandit 4
News Breast milk 23 hr Large Language 3
News Facebook Spends $16 Million on Armed Guards for... Fri okimar 1
Personal messages (naked) Fri funny 1
how to make certain facebook friends invisible? (Jul '08) Apr 28 Skaht 22
News Former Pike County Attorney Pleads Guilty To Th... Apr 27 Nosey I Guess 5
how to hack fb... (Nov '12) Apr 22 Pirater Facebook 30
More from around the web