Ford took biggest government bailout ...

Ford took biggest government bailout in history

Posted in the Ford Motor Forum

Savage Factory

AOL

#1 May 16, 2009
Which of the Big Three (Little Three? Nonexistent Three?) took the largest government bailout? Bingo if you said Ford Motor Company. Ford had the largest recall in automotive history when the gov't ordered them to recall 23,000,000 vehicles for defective transmissions. Ford CEO went to President Reagan and whined that if they had to recall virtually every Ford on the road because they built junk transmissions, Ford would have to declare bankruptcy. We were just pulling out of the recession, and Reagan had just come into office. He had no intention of being the president that took Ford down. So with the stroke of a pen he revoked authority of the government to issue mandatory recalls. Instead they could only issue safety advisories. Ford agreed to mail out 23,000,000 stickers to put on dashboards warning people that the transmission in their cars could cause injury or death. That is why I had to laugh when I hear Ford brag about not taking any govt bailout. If they had not taken a bailout they would have been gone 25 years ago. I am further amused by Ford workers who have their fingers crossed that both GM and Chrysler will disappear, causing their union "brothers" to lose everything so their jobs will be more secure. They know that Ford cannot compete with Toyota, Honda, VW, etc and the only way they will survive is to steal sales from GM and Chrysler. Read my book about how they built the junk transmissions that almost took Ford down. www.asavagefactory.com
jjj

United States

#2 May 27, 2009
Savage Factory wrote:
Which of the Big Three (Little Three? Nonexistent Three?) took the largest government bailout? Bingo if you said Ford Motor Company. Ford had the largest recall in automotive history when the gov't ordered them to recall 23,000,000 vehicles for defective transmissions. Ford CEO went to President Reagan and whined that if they had to recall virtually every Ford on the road because they built junk transmissions, Ford would have to declare bankruptcy. We were just pulling out of the recession, and Reagan had just come into office. He had no intention of being the president that took Ford down. So with the stroke of a pen he revoked authority of the government to issue mandatory recalls. Instead they could only issue safety advisories. Ford agreed to mail out 23,000,000 stickers to put on dashboards warning people that the transmission in their cars could cause injury or death. That is why I had to laugh when I hear Ford brag about not taking any govt bailout. If they had not taken a bailout they would have been gone 25 years ago. I am further amused by Ford workers who have their fingers crossed that both GM and Chrysler will disappear, causing their union "brothers" to lose everything so their jobs will be more secure. They know that Ford cannot compete with Toyota, Honda, VW, etc and the only way they will survive is to steal sales from GM and Chrysler. Read my book about how they built the junk transmissions that almost took Ford down. www.asavagefactory.com
The correlation loses something. In the Reagan era decision, a business negotiation took place and an agreement was reached. Today, because of the administration meddling, what started out as Americans helping Americans. Has turned into what the Government not to do. In regards to the statement about the union brothers, the accuser must be on the lower end of the food chain. Either that or a mental defective?
Savage Factory

West Chester, OH

#3 May 27, 2009
jjj wrote:
<quoted text>
The correlation loses something. In the Reagan era decision, a business negotiation took place and an agreement was reached. Today, because of the administration meddling, what started out as Americans helping Americans. Has turned into what the Government not to do. In regards to the statement about the union brothers, the accuser must be on the lower end of the food chain. Either that or a mental defective?
Your are correct. A "business negotiation" took place, shunting aside the fact that 200 people were killed and 1400 were injured, many from junk C-4 transmissions that we built at the Sharonville Transmission Plant, and Ford paid out over $20,000,000 in shut up money to the survivors, according to the Wall Street Journal,while Reagan turned out not to be the president that put Ford out of business. If you want to read about how we built the junk transmissions that brought the largest recall in automotive history, but got "negotiated away" to save Ford's butt, and to hell with Ford customers getting killed and injured, read "A Savage Factory." I may be a mental defective. I may even be from the bottom of the food chain. But I do have ears, and I talk to Ford hourly employees every single day (UAW "brothers") who breathed a collective sigh of relief when Chrysler went belly up and GM went down, probably for the third time, because now their jobs are a little safer. I only pass on what I hear every day from Ford UAW people, low as I am on the food chain. The lower you go on the food chain, the closer you get to UAW guys rejoicing as their "brothers" at the other two of the old Big 3 fail.
wascrash

Kansas City, MO

#4 Nov 14, 2009
Savage Factory wrote:
OMG We auto workers Do not hope GM or Dodge goes away. We want all three to be the best they can. You Sir are an Ignorant asshole. Toyota is not an American company and its recalls have sky rocketed since it now has to mass produce. If you live in the US please move to Japan and cheer them on boy. I will and always will supports our American companys exspecially this day and age where we have nothing anymore thanks to overseas crap. Like i always say....If it does not effect you you dont care. In the end it will catch up and will effect you.
kwyjibo

Mountain Home, ID

#5 Aug 13, 2010
I remember those stickers, they reminded people to make sure their car was in park before jumping out. I knew a chick who ran herself over when she managed to only get the shifter lever to "R" instead of "P". Oh wait, she drove a Dodge Aspen. I guess morons drove dodges as well.
truthbtold

Pittsburgh, PA

#6 Aug 20, 2010
kwyjibo wrote:
I remember those stickers, they reminded people to make sure their car was in park before jumping out. I knew a chick who ran herself over when she managed to only get the shifter lever to "R" instead of "P". Oh wait, she drove a Dodge Aspen. I guess morons drove dodges as well.
Get into the right Century a**hole. there haven't been any Aspens around for over 20 years.
Delicia

Malakoff, TX

#7 Dec 16, 2010
Ford has a great legal team, with never ending funding to fight in our courts. I am a horrible mother for fighting for the justice of my son's death. I am suppose to just sit back and cry and get over my son burning alive in a car that had a lousy $20 defective part, that Ford/Lincoln did not want to pay to repair or disconnect. Ford knew there was a possibility of fire and yet they did the recalls as they saw fit, as to not scare off the consumer.
Well, I received my recall notice 8 months to late. Payton Lewis and Samantha Ely both burned to death as a result of this decision. Who's fault is it? Believe me if I had known that a $20 part could kill my child I would have paid to repair it myself, or better yet NOT BOUGHT A CAR THAT IS SO POORLY DESIGNED MASQUERADING AS A SAFE LUXURY VEHICLE. Lincoln or Ford they should be off your Christmas list, unless you want to spend next Christmas like me, looking at a box of ashes.
Brotha of the Unborn

Norfolk, VA

#8 Dec 18, 2010
Delicia wrote:
Ford has a great legal team, with never ending funding to fight in our courts. I am a horrible mother for fighting for the justice of my son's death. I am suppose to just sit back and cry and get over my son burning alive in a car that had a lousy $20 defective part, that Ford/Lincoln did not want to pay to repair or disconnect. Ford knew there was a possibility of fire and yet they did the recalls as they saw fit, as to not scare off the consumer.
Well, I received my recall notice 8 months to late. Payton Lewis and Samantha Ely both burned to death as a result of this decision. Who's fault is it? Believe me if I had known that a $20 part could kill my child I would have paid to repair it myself, or better yet NOT BOUGHT A CAR THAT IS SO POORLY DESIGNED MASQUERADING AS A SAFE LUXURY VEHICLE. Lincoln or Ford they should be off your Christmas list, unless you want to spend next Christmas like me, looking at a box of ashes.
So how do you feel about Detroit becoming a ghost-town "Delicia"!? I'm sorry about the loss of your son!!
Car Transport

Carlisle, UK

#9 Dec 23, 2010
wascrash wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG We auto workers Do not hope GM or Dodge goes away. We want all three to be the best they can. You Sir are an Ignorant asshole. Toyota is not an American company and its recalls have sky rocketed since it now has to mass produce. If you live in the US please move to Japan and cheer them on boy. I will and always will supports our American companys exspecially this day and age where we have nothing anymore thanks to overseas crap. Like i always say....If it does not effect you you dont care. In the end it will catch up and will effect you.
Its so bad a Company such as Ford can behave like this and 'hush money' just infuriates people more, its like they believe money can buy lives, they would do better to come clean at least people can respect that. http://www.nationdrive.com
Cal in Colorado

Arvada, CO

#10 Jul 28, 2011
Ford is not the company it was. And it never will be.
It is as defective as the Triton engine (plug blowout).
Run by liberal unions with government protection bailouts, it needs to die. I dont want my tax dollars fixing an un-American automaker....It's not quality..Look at the records and stats. Most Ford parts/products are produced overseas. So why not buy a quality vehicle as well oversea.
Slugger

Raleigh, NC

#11 Aug 24, 2011
Car Transport wrote:
<quoted text>
Its so bad a Company such as Ford can behave like this and 'hush money' just infuriates people more, its like they believe money can buy lives, they would do better to come clean at least people can respect that. http://www.nationdrive.com
Odd that there seems to always be a grieveing family that ACCEPT the so called hush money. Wake up ... what it actually is, is extortion money paid to satiisfy the family's greed.

Also, dig deeper as to how some of these so called victims died and it may turn out that the manufactuers were not as negiligent, as the drivers were.
Justthetruth

Pittsburgh, PA

#12 Aug 24, 2011
Slugger wrote:
<quoted text>
Odd that there seems to always be a grieveing family that ACCEPT the so called hush money. Wake up ... what it actually is, is extortion money paid to satiisfy the family's greed.
Also, dig deeper as to how some of these so called victims died and it may turn out that the manufactuers were not as negiligent, as the drivers were.
You can be sure Toyota paid off familys of their deathtraps also.
Ford owner 4life

Washington, DC

#13 Jul 5, 2013
Always had great service from Fords, I've owned ogher makes, GM's in the Olds, Chevy & Pontiac, one Dodge & a Nissan. Had decent service out of most but the Fords & Nissan were the best. Olds was okay motor wise but everything else was falling apart. The Pontiac? Rod through the block. Chevy? Transmission slippage. Didnt own the Dodge long enough but didnt care for the CVT transmission at all. So for me & mine it'll be a Ford or a Nissan as long as I have a choice.
Randal

Greenville, SC

#14 Mar 10, 2014
Number one selling truck in America..... Ford. Enough said
Big L

Waxhaw, NC

#15 Aug 7, 2014
Somebody hit the nail on the head when they mentioned mass produced cars. As long as any and all of these companies pump out vehicles by the millions there are going to be some runs of crummy cars. But then there is why a hand built car, think Ferrari or Lamborghini, cost over $100,000. The old adage goes, you get what you pay for.
love morons

Beaver Falls, PA

#16 Oct 1, 2014
wascrash wrote:
<quoted text>
seriously here we go with another non American car believer. which part of you General Motors car is American...? the parts made in Mexico? maybe the ones from Canada? how bout the ones from Paris ?.. get a clue man. know why Toyota recalls are skyrocketing? because of the junk American parts they decided to use. frames on trucks!,, do some research....the Dana corporation!!! the gas pedal debacle.....denso..Yeah buy American ..bring that money home so we can go bail out Iraq some more.
Amella

Nyack, NY

#17 Dec 2, 2014
Randal wrote:
Number one selling truck in America..... Ford. Enough said
YEAH, they only outsell the others so often because they're constantly breaking and the owners are getting new ones.
Your Mom

Pardeeville, WI

#18 Mar 31, 2015
Cal in Colorado wrote:
Ford is not the company it was. And it never will be.
It is as defective as the Triton engine (plug blowout).
Run by liberal unions with government protection bailouts, it needs to die. I dont want my tax dollars fixing an un-American automaker....It's not quality..Look at the records and stats. Most Ford parts/products are produced overseas. So why not buy a quality vehicle as well oversea.

Gm Ford and Chryslers auto parts are all made over seas dumbass there is no american auto company anymore no matter how much anyone tries to tall you the may put it together in Murica but the parts the put it together with are made over seas
Ford Fanatic

Jersey City, NJ

#19 Aug 2, 2015
Amella wrote:
<quoted text>
YEAH, they only outsell the others so often because they're constantly breaking and the owners are getting new ones.
If they were/are so crappy, why do they remain #1 year after year?? This market is the same as any, you can quit it and switch whenever. I'm pretty sure if reviews ams reveals were THAT bad, they wouldn't still be #1.
Sam1

Detroit, MI

#20 Sunday Apr 24
Ford Fanatic wrote:
<quoted text>
If they were/are so crappy, why do they remain #1 year after year?? This market is the same as any, you can quit it and switch whenever. I'm pretty sure if reviews ams reveals were THAT bad, they wouldn't still be #1.
And cadillac outsells lincoln

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ford Motor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ford is prepping a long-range electric vehicle ... Apr 28 Solarman 1
parts interchanges on 1993 ford 460 and 1990 42... Apr 18 mwright1 1
Ford testing Jan '16 Lantz s 1
News Microsoft hopes new, old leaders can rekindle m... (Feb '14) Dec '15 Anonymous 2
News Ford to spearhead car of the future Dec '15 Pete 1
my Chevy commercial (Oct '15) Oct '15 Swh 1
News 'Relic of Racism': Group Seeks Removal of Forme... (Jul '15) Jul '15 reality is a crutch 3
More from around the web