FORD CEO MULALLY: Ford CEO in Kansas ...

FORD CEO MULALLY: Ford CEO in Kansas City to Discuss Economic Devel...

There are 9 comments on the Fox4KC story from Sep 16, 2010, titled FORD CEO MULALLY: Ford CEO in Kansas City to Discuss Economic Devel.... In it, Fox4KC reports that:

The CEO of Ford Motor Company is in Kansas City Thursday to speak at a luncheon for the Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox4KC.

Claycomo worker 28 male

Kansas City, MO

#1 Sep 16, 2010
way to go Mulally, thanks for yet another one of yours and the companies non-commitment to our wonderful plant and it's workers here in Claycomo Missouri, keep up the propaganda buddy.
Zestar Corporation

AOL

#2 Sep 16, 2010
Conduct a fast internet search for Ford Escape Paint Problems.
-Particularly the 2003 vehicle model year.

The results speak for themselves in terms of the quality issues,
Ford is experiencing with this vehicle.

We have written several letters to Ford's Board of Directors, Global Quality Director and Chief Paint Engineer. We know many
of these executives personally.

Ford uses our technology for paint durability analysis in plants throughout North and South America.

Ford (corporate) has requested that we no longer contact them on this issue. Despite the fact that Ford personnel has initiated contact with us (unsolicited, they contacted us, not us contacting them) and receives updates on a daily basis in regard to our paint durability research.

The paint suppliers are in charge of supplying vehicles painted to Ford at Ford's specifications. This has not occured and it is obvious that Ford (corporate)is not reviewing their own durability data which is readily accessible in their plants.

Quite simply, millions of Ford vehicles painted below Ford's factory specifications have been released to the consumer.

Ford, Auto Dealer and the consumer (including police departments in 40 states) have received factory paint defects.

We have also contacted the Detroit News, the Detroit Free Press and several auto trade magazines on this story. The industry knows about this issue. It is no secret.

It doesn't make sense to us that Ford took the hit the first time in paying for something they did not receive: a vehicle painted below their specifications.

And now they are take the hit the second time:
Losing Customers because of factory paint defects.
just a thought

Liberty, MO

#4 Sep 17, 2010
I'm sure the guy is like the President or most other politicians - a great big liar, so maybe or maybe not to whatever he said.For the good of this area, I hope for the best.
Mr Anonomous

Polo, MO

#6 Sep 19, 2010
It's a crying shame that big business has to hold the woking man's job hostage. I will quote my Grandmother," The rich keep getting richer while the poor keep getting poorer ". Although the Claycomo worker's job is effected imediately, the local businesses are effected eventually. I'm sure that we will pay for whatever finacial ageements were reached through some sort of tax increase. Dispite the unseen concessions,hopefully they won't be discussing layoffs anytime soon. I personally have friends,neighbors,and relatives that work there. Hopefully they have dodged another bad Christmas gift this year.
my2cents

United States

#7 Sep 20, 2010
rumor has it the Focus is coming to KC.
Mike

Farmington, MI

#8 Sep 21, 2010
Plese shut down KC plant unless Ford has a profitable product to make there.
Howdy

United States

#9 Sep 21, 2010
Mike wrote:
Plese shut down KC plant unless Ford has a profitable product to make there.
wHAT?

We will see if this company has any interest in building cars here
They pay no rent here and huge tax incentive what do they want
Their making thier millions in China and other countries not loyalty to this country their FAT CATS that dont give a damn about this country, unfortunately these American cars are being built in state of the art plants in OTHER COUNTRIES china Mexico and more
The old saying made in America is not true for most American vehicles. They made more porfits in China than here. Hate to say it but with record profits they wont benefit this country
Gardner Mom

Olathe, KS

#10 Oct 20, 2010
Once again same excuse........not FORD's fault its the paint supplier!!! Regardless us that work extremely hard to buy $35,000.+ vehicles have to suffer the consequences. I did not purchase my SUV from the paint supplier but I did purchase it through FORD! So maybe Ford should work out their issues with their suppliers. At the same time Ford can make things RIGHT with people like me that have a vehicle barely 5 years old that has paint peeling. I have had the paint repaired once and it is peeling again in the same place so what do you suggest????? Just keep having it repaired on an annual basis because of a paint suppliers problem???? I cannot afford too. So maybe I should fix it and sell it to someone and let them deal with the paint problems.......that is not RIGHT! And I will not do that! I will NEVER buy a FORD again and I will make sure EVERYONE I know including all the Facebook world knows how unfair FORD has treated their customers! Why have my other posts been deleted? Because I don't have any right to my opinion???? This is a forum and I have spoke nothing except for the truth..........I took my car in a year an a half ago, and I pushed and pushed to have the paint fixed......Yes FORD said they would fix it for an OUTRAGEOUS price. I took it somewhere else to have it repaired and it got me nowhere either as it is peeling again! Yes I am I very DISSATISFIED customer!!!!

Since: Feb 07

Village of Claycomo, MO

#11 Jan 11, 2011
With any product, from a pencil to a bungalow, problems can arise. After a reasonable warranty period, the purchaser must make some hard decisions. Will it be to their advantage to repair or replace? Maybe another manufacturer should be considered.
In all of the fine vehicles I have purchased, Fords and a host of others, I have been blessed with great products. Of course, I maintained them with tender loving care, garaged them, washed and waxed them bi-monthly and followed a stringent maintenance routine.
As in everything, you get what you pay for. I would be amiss if I expected the manufacturer to fix a problem in which I set the stage for. The lion's share of problems with products I've experienced, I have to look no further than the mirror to see who's fault they were.
I wish you the best and hope you find a solution.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ford Motor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Reggae icon Joseph Hill of Culture dies (Sep '06) May 20 Diamond platnumz ... 20
News Ford is prepping a long-range electric vehicle ... Apr 28 Solarman 1
Ford took biggest government bailout in history (May '09) Apr 24 Sam1 20
parts interchanges on 1993 ford 460 and 1990 42... Apr '16 mwright1 1
Ford testing Jan '16 Lantz s 1
News Microsoft hopes new, old leaders can rekindle m... (Feb '14) Dec '15 Anonymous 2
News Ford to spearhead car of the future Dec '15 Pete 1
More from around the web