Auto-show news: Ford coming to Columb...

Auto-show news: Ford coming to Columbus in search of engineers | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 7 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Jan 11, 2011, titled Auto-show news: Ford coming to Columbus in search of engineers | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Ford is making a splash at the auto show with its all-electric Focus, top, and its truckof-the-year winner, the 2011 Explorer.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

Mark

Pickerington, OH

#1 Jan 11, 2011
Ford coming to Columbus or Marysvillle to look for engineers?
Cartman

Powell, OH

#2 Jan 11, 2011
They laid off hundreds (if not thousands) of engineers over the past few years and hired few of them back to date. They can now hire these young kids at a much cheaper cost while leaving the experienced, unemployed former workers languishing in Michigan.

This company cares about one thing- money- and could care less about any of the humans within their corporation.

Gosh, if they keep them at a plant in Ohio they may not even need to pay minimum wage once the new circus gets rolling.
Steven Streets

Grove City, OH

#3 Jan 11, 2011
Get ready for exciting lower wages.(not really ,you get paid a lot more in Wall Streets monopoly paper money, but it's worth a lot less). At least it's a J-O-B. Now get off the dole and be an engineer with a Columbus Public School edukashun
Aint it exciting! Look at that beautiful stock rise.
realitycheck

Pickerington, OH

#4 Jan 11, 2011
I would guess with fords past safety and quality problems they would want a good mix of engineers with experience and new engineers with maybe some new ideas.
Keiretsu Exports Jobs

West Chester, OH

#5 Jan 11, 2011
Mark wrote:
Ford coming to Columbus or Marysvillle to look for engineers?
In Marysville they are easy to spot:

1. They earn less than thier American peers in the industry.
2. The boss wears a lab coat and speaks little English and complaigns if they don't accept a salary for a 70 hour work week.
3. Make sure to smile and bow your head to the boss as he practices his golf swing

Frank vro very much for converting your $ to Yen
Keiretsu Exports Jobs

West Chester, OH

#6 Jan 11, 2011
Cartman wrote:
They laid off hundreds (if not thousands) of engineers over the past few years and hired few of them back to date. They can now hire these young kids at a much cheaper cost while leaving the experienced, unemployed former workers languishing in Michigan.
This company cares about one thing- money- and could care less about any of the humans within their corporation.
Gosh, if they keep them at a plant in Ohio they may not even need to pay minimum wage once the new circus gets rolling.
Spoken like a Honda collaborator. Now get back to work and make sure the boss in the lab coat doesn't see you not smiling and bowing your head.
Cartman

Powell, OH

#7 Jan 11, 2011
Keiretsu Exports Jobs wrote:
<quoted text>
Spoken like a Honda collaborator. Now get back to work and make sure the boss in the lab coat doesn't see you not smiling and bowing your head.
Not really- I'm speaking about what happened to my relative and a large number of his co-workers at Ford- by the way he was also a graduate of the OSU school of engineering.

I actually have less use for Honda than I do for Ford and GM.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ford Motor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Oro Blanco Fuel Could Have Nearly Unlimited Pro... Apr '17 Joe1938 1
News Carson's Ford dealership shuts down (Jan '08) Apr '17 jeff 39
News Reggae icon Joseph Hill of Culture dies (Sep '06) Jan '17 USS LIBERTY 22
GM and Ford Contributions to America In World W... (Apr '09) Jan '17 yidfellas v USA 12
merica Mustang (Jan '17) Jan '17 Alex9 1
News Ford Decision Cements Mexico as 'Front Line' fo... (Jan '17) Jan '17 tomin cali 1
Ford took biggest government bailout in history (May '09) Dec '16 Tci1979 21
More from around the web