Ford Motor Company will invest up to ...

Ford Motor Company will invest up to $250 million in the produc...

There are 9 comments on the RIA Novosti story from Aug 1, 2006, titled Ford Motor Company will invest up to $250 million in the produc.... In it, RIA Novosti reports that:

Ford Motor Company will invest up to $250 million in the production of new car models in Russia, the Economic Development and Trade Ministry said Tuesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at RIA Novosti.

Donald E Wolfe

Louisville, KY

#1 Aug 1, 2006
Ford ought to move its' Headquarters to Russia and kiss North America goodbye!
I'm a Ford employee and I will never ever buy a ford again, they want emploees to buy there products and then the lay them off, go figure!
Ford employs some of the sorriest pieces of crap I have evr seen, and the union protects them from being disciplined when the don't show up for work or the drink on the job, or do drugs on the job, poor management is why ford is in the sad shape it is in, but when it comes to cutting cost it's the hourly work force that pays the price!
I hope and pray that I get bought out so I can go to work at a company that really cares!
Randy

Benton, KY

#2 Aug 2, 2006
Donald E Wolfe wrote:
I'm a Ford employee and I will never ever buy a ford again, they want emploees to buy there products and then the lay them off, go figure!
Ford employs some of the sorriest pieces of crap I have evr seen, and the union protects them from being disciplined when the don't show up for work or the drink on the job, or do drugs on the job, poor management is why ford is in the sad shape it is in, but when it comes to cutting cost it's the hourly work force that pays the price!
I hope and pray that I get bought out so I can go to work at a company that really cares!
Good Luck! This will go in your personnel file to take with you when you apply for your next job. Employers don't like people who are derogatory or abusive. But, you might try Cuba or Iran.
The Union gets a bad rap because they are required to represent the sleaze just like defense lawyers. Run for the job and watch out for the blanket parties when you refuse to represent someone. I don't work for Ford. GM has the same problems. Bad apples spoil the whole rep of everybody else. As far as working, these crazy mavens of misinformation couldn't keep up with me on their best day. They can criticise to their little jealous ego's content, but in the end I don't care what they think. I've sweated and wasted my life in these inhumane shop conditions for 34 years to support my family and to make sure my children never have to darken the doorway of a factory. I have sacrificed greatly and I get really tired of the little Judas types who spit garbage about the very country that feeds and sustains them. Get off your computers and go to work!
Tower Worker

Troy, MI

#3 Sep 3, 2006
I have heard that the work in Alanta is moving to Canada. Any one know of this to be true?
Jack Brown

Hartville, OH

#4 Sep 5, 2006
I work at Ford-Walton Hills, Ohio and unfortunately I haven't heard anything about the Atlanta plant. Regarding the other responses, Ford is the best company I have ever worked for. Yes, I have been laid off, but I knew that going into an Auto plant. Does the UAW fight for people who don't want to work? Yes, sometimes. But the "defense lawyer" example is a good one, its not the union's business to hire or fire, only to represent and only if there is someone to represent. In the past decade, workers are held more accountable. But do you blame the teacher if your kid doesn't listen in school? No, you blame the parents and the kid. Don't blame the union for representing the "sleaze" who should be fired, blame the worker themselves. Without our unions, we could be working in extremely unsafe and unfair conditions. Our country may go back to this if we continue to "globalize" all markets. We cannot compete with the standard of living of someone who makes 12 cents/hour and no benefits, no matter how hard you work and no matter how smart you are. Our companies are "going global" or most likely are already global and U.S. workers have been, currently are and will continue to suffer because of it. I haven't seen the government do much about import tarriffs and now its too late ... they have their companies built over here and are operational in the U.S. If you don't like Ford, apply at Honda or Toyota or Kia. They have no union, less pay, less benefits, but probably no lay-offs ... yet.
If you don't like the management, union or co-workers at the company you are at, then look for another job. I doubt you will find one as good as Ford, GM or Chrysler. As for me, I'll continue to pray I can work for Ford and do my best for them.
T Barrett

Ann Arbor, MI

#5 Sep 5, 2006
Hey Don-Toyota is hiring people. I don't think anymore negatives will help the Company.
Donald E Wolfe wrote:
rachael

AOL

#6 Sep 5, 2006
HEY DON YOU BETTER HOPE YOU DID NOT USE YOUR REAL NAME, IF YOU DID AND SOME OF YOUR "UNION BUDDIES" FIND OUT YOU WILL BE ON YOUR WAY OUT THE DOOR IF YOU ARENT ALREADY LAID OFF. WE ALL HAVE OPINIONS ON THE UNION, EITHER YOU HAVE SOME REALLY BIG ONES OR NO BRAIN AT ALL. GOOD LUCK
John Henderson

Burlington, Canada

#7 Oct 21, 2006
The comment that Toyota and Honda pay less is WRONG!!!! I work for Toyota and they actually provide 10 cents more per hour and 2 more vacation days just to keep the CAW out ... Plus a fully separate Recreation Centre not just a gym, a full recreation centre close to the plant for not only Toyota employees, but their families aswell..
Metalmike 65

New Ulm, MN

#8 Oct 21, 2006
Donald E Wolfe wrote:
Keep hoping and praying I know Ford has dead weight however that is why they are offering the buyout to get those non value added employees they will be the first to jump on a buyout the lazy and the crippled . Up here in Minnesota however we will also lose some bright hardworking people do to the fact they do not want to leave this region. I hear you brother you might want to think twice about who will take care of you more than ford in my 40 years I have never seen a company that will stand behind you the way ford does .For my money I'll say no thank you to the buyout Id rather earn my money. It is hardwork but the people I work with are some of the best Ive ever known despite the loafers overall most of us @TCAP really cared about our product. The decline in the compact pickup market is what killed us.
Cheryl

United States

#9 Jul 23, 2010
Please read Dancing Under the Red Star by Karl Tobien and you will learn how Ford Motor Company LEFT some of its employees in Gorky, Russia and they ended up in the Gulag...how horrible...where was this great company when they wanted their employees to HELP out the Russians and to WORK over in Russia, why didn't this company get these people back to America,why were they arrested? Wake up America!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ford Motor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Help with my ford ranger Jul '16 Andrew16 1
News Ford, GM tie staff bonuses to quality (Apr '14) Jul '16 Bonus-Alert 6
Engine swap Jun '16 David 1
News Reggae icon Joseph Hill of Culture dies (Sep '06) May '16 Diamond platnumz ... 20
News Ford is prepping a long-range electric vehicle ... Apr '16 Solarman 1
Ford took biggest government bailout in history (May '09) Apr '16 Sam1 20
parts interchanges on 1993 ford 460 and 1990 42... Apr '16 mwright1 1
More from around the web