Ford posts $8.7 billion loss

Ford posts $8.7 billion loss

There are 11 comments on the Daily Breeze story from Jul 24, 2008, titled Ford posts $8.7 billion loss. In it, Daily Breeze reports that:

Ford Motor Co. posted the worst quarterly performance in its history Thursday, losing $8.67 billion in the second quarter.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Breeze.

BchGirl

Las Vegas, NV

#1 Jul 24, 2008
Too little too late. If Ford had brought over the European models 3-5 years ago they could've avoided this loss altogether or at the very least lost substantially less.
Brian Thomas

Moorpark, CA

#2 Jul 27, 2008
Americans need to wise up and think about what cars they are buying, when you buy a Japanese car your hurting our economy just a little more. Dont you people know anything, didnt you take economics in high school? Our economy is hurting because of the record sales for Japanese cars and low Domestic sales, meaning more of our money is going to the Japanese car makers, and our own fellow Americans are losing money. BUY DOMESTIC IF YOU WANT TO HELP OUR ECONOMY RESTRENGTHEN!!!!!! I can see thats one huge problem and I am 18 even if it costs you more to buy an American car, DO IT FOR YOUR COUNTRY.
CWS FORD BUILT GARBAGE

Joliet, IL

#3 Jul 30, 2008
Americans need to wise up and think about what cars they are buying, when you buy a Japanese car your hurting our economy just a little more. Dont you people know anything, didnt you take economics in high school? Our economy is hurting because of the record sales for Japanese cars and low Domestic sales, meaning more of our money is going to the Japanese car makers, and our own fellow Americans are losing money. BUY DOMESTIC IF YOU WANT TO HELP OUR ECONOMY RESTRENGTHEN!!!!!! I can see thats one huge problem and I am 18 even if it costs you more to buy an American car, DO IT FOR YOUR COUNTRY.. explain how u help usa economy by buying american cars ?????
Dumore

AOL

#4 Aug 1, 2008
You are dead wrong on all accounts. Firstly, there is no such thing as an "American" car, and has not been for decades. Every one of them have components from Mexico, Japan, China, etc. They may be assembled here, but if they were truely "American" cars they would have all components manufactured here, and assembly would take place here. I can tell you, as an ex-Ford manager, that Ford bought the cheapest, bottom of the bucket components from whereever they could get them, and would buy them today from Osama Bin Laden if he offered the cheapest deal. Secondly, you have your head up your butt if you think that foreign car makers are bad for this country. Go to Florence, KY, where Toyota has its North American Headquarters and ask the people there what they think. Go to Marysville, Ohio, where Honda employs half the people in the town, and have laughed at unionization efforts many times because they work for a good company that pays high wages and benefits and do not need a bunch of gangsters who steal money from their paychecks to "represent" them. Go to Indiana, where Toyota has one plant and is building another, and ask the people there what they think of foreign car makers. Before you spout off, know what the hell you are talking about. When all of the Big Three die and are buried, it will be a red letter day for America, you can come to my house and I will crack open a bottle of fine, foreign champaigne.
Kept Secret

London, KY

#5 Aug 5, 2008
What if they built cars like these below. They couldnt sell them fast enough. They would not be indebt. I hope someone will go actually check these out and get these built in America.

I have heard so much talk about new technology. But yet when someone has a new idea a revolutionary one people trash it. You want a clean burning fuel that is just about free. Watch these videos. Do wacth and share with others.

New Car that run only on water no fuel !!

&fe ature=related

Genepax - Water Car from Japan

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Both cars are from Japan companies. If real. Which I think they are. They will make gasoline obsolete.

Copy this out and email to friends. This cant be kept secret if enough of us email and tell people that we know they are real.
Fred Derf

Norwalk, CA

#7 Aug 5, 2008
CWS FORD BUILT GARBAGE wrote:
Americans need to wise up and think about what cars they are buying, when you buy a Japanese car your hurting our economy just a little more. Dont you people know anything, didnt you take economics in high school? Our economy is hurting because of the record sales for Japanese cars and low Domestic sales, meaning more of our money is going to the Japanese car makers, and our own fellow Americans are losing money. BUY DOMESTIC IF YOU WANT TO HELP OUR ECONOMY RESTRENGTHEN!!!!!! I can see thats one huge problem and I am 18 even if it costs you more to buy an American car, DO IT FOR YOUR COUNTRY.. explain how u help usa economy by buying american cars ?????
I will never buy a American car again. At one time they were at a real peak in great cars and then along came the Vega, Pinto and K cars. I owned 2 American cars in the 90's. Driving home from the dealer screws started falling down from the dash. My S-10 truck went through clutches and t.o. bearings monthly and I drove that truck slow. Feed up I switched to Honda and Toyota, one of the best decisions I ever made
I am not going to buy a car that I feel is of lesser quality just because its American. Now they have a fleet gas guzzling overgrown pigs with massive losses
Stay in those business classes--you may learn about consumer buying habits and do a lookup on W Edward Deming, read, learn about a free market economy
J Q Citizen

San Pedro, CA

#8 Aug 5, 2008
Brian Thomas wrote:
Americans need to wise up and think about what cars they are buying, when you buy a Japanese car your hurting our economy just a little more. Dont you people know anything, didnt you take economics in high school? Our economy is hurting because of the record sales for Japanese cars and low Domestic sales, meaning more of our money is going to the Japanese car makers, and our own fellow Americans are losing money. BUY DOMESTIC IF YOU WANT TO HELP OUR ECONOMY RESTRENGTHEN!!!!!! I can see thats one huge problem and I am 18 even if it costs you more to buy an American car, DO IT FOR YOUR COUNTRY.
Brian, you need to pick up a college level macroeconomics text book or two and read about trade. Do you realize how many American workers are on the foreign car market payroll? Way more than if it was just US manufactures alone. Somebody's gotta sell, repair, rent, sell tires, sell parts, sell insurance, etc, etc. for all these cars. Not to mention the competition it spurs, and how it benefits us the consumer in better quality cars with more features for your money. Duh.
Please Read No Oil

London, KY

#9 Aug 5, 2008
This is truely AWESOME

Yes its hydrogen from ordinary water. Since you cant really burn water. But water is made of Hydrogen and Oxygen. Separate them and you have a good fuel source. The Japanese have from what I can see have done this.

Running a car one water could change everything. For one thing the world is 2 thirds water. It seems like its worth checking out I hope you will share those videos with people.

New Car that run only on water no fuel !!

&fe ature=related

Genepax - Water Car from Japan

This is a wonderful fuel for the consumer. Not for oil or gas companies. Its a great fuel for everyone except those that have an investment in oil. I think it also could help with the global warming plan I have two more videos if you want to see they go into detail on how the engines work. Its fasinating.

These are from the Genepax car.

Japanese water powered car 2

I think these this is a translation of what is being said.

In this white box, there is basically the same system. In addition to what you saw, there are such things as a regulator device, in order to supply a certain voltage current, and a pump that pumps water. They're packaged into one system.

In this system, the water supply is automated. By simply switch it on, water is being sent by a pump (just as shown over there earlier). You can hear the sound of pumping water.

Later, a car will be show. The car has the exact same generator system. Our system can be used as shown for home usage, as well as for vehicles like cars. There is about 2 liters of water, and runs for about 7 hours [for the appliances here]. Basically water is recycled.

This gauge shows the level of water here. We pour the water in here. To make it more visible, we are using colored water.

We would like to demonstrate the basic mechanism of this system that our company has invented. Please take a look at this. As shown in an earlier diagram, you see a stack of cells, lined up, sandwiched together.

As a safety precaution, we put the cover back on during the demonstration, as electrical currents flow here. So, you have seen that there is no hydrogen tank or ocean water in the box.

We will pour water into this box. If water enters this box, it creates electricity. We'll verify this with the voltmeter. In order to pour water, we use this little pump. This pump is used only to move water. It has nothing to do with the creation of electricity. After the water is poured, the pump will be detached.

Today we're using so-called "seiseisi" [purified, manufactured for lab usage] water. Water in the cup is pumped into the box. You will see that water comes out from here, at which point we will stop pumping water.

Usually 25V, but today it is 24V.

Below is a video animation that shows how the water that is poured in is turned into hydrogen fuel.

I dont see any reason why these cars could not be on the road and being driven around. These Japanese are basically giving away how they do it in this video.

You could power your house with this system as well. The potential is unlimited. Please send these videos to others this does not need to be a secret.

“Me @ hotmail.com”

Since: May 08

Toronto

#10 Aug 5, 2008
Brian Thomas wrote:
This is just not true. The american automakers don't make most of the automobile in the U.S., it's only assembled here, so buying one or the other has very little effect on the economy. The outsourcing of all manufacturing jobs to lower wage jurisdictions world wide is what has hollowed out the middle class in the American economy, a process that started under Richard Nixon, and has been consistently abbetted by every administration since then, though Carter was a little better on this front. It's much bigger than auto sales; its the manufacturing of everything.
Liberal And FREE

Wyncote, PA

#11 Aug 6, 2008
They are finally feeling what consumers are feeling after owning a Ford vehicle for a few years. Maybe they should make better quality cars?
Companies Loans

Maputo, Mozambique

#13 Dec 8, 2010
We provide loan for Business owners only, the name of our loan agency is NPA LOANS LTD.

We assist falling Business to help them up again.
The details that will be needed from the business owner, for a successful loan approval is the below following.

1.) Company registration
Certificate
2.) Prove of Personality such as international Passport
3.) Prove of residential Address

Be informed that the entire above mentioned certificate will be confirmed by your country embassy.

We offer urge Loans Capital, raging from $500.000USDollars to a maximum of $2.000.000 US Dollars.

Please donít contact us if you are not qualified with the above stranded!!!

For more details contact email: [email protected]
Contact Person: Mrs. ANNA MAPCO

The possibility of getting a Loan with the NPA LOANS LTD is based on approval, which will be after submission of application, and be informed that the taken loan would have to be paid back with a period of 4 years, at interest of 25%, deteriorating to comply with the dead-line pay-back period of time, will direct your company name to a black list

The NPA LOANS LTD, is empowered by the Bank of Mozambique, unclaimed dividend worth over 1.4 Billion USD.

The NPA LOANS LTD is a list of share holders, with the Bank of Mozambique.

NPA LOANS (LTD) Address:No 44, Gruffly Finance House Plot 616 Mozambique Maputo
PMB: 963

we empower your company financial image.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ford Motor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ford took biggest government bailout in history (May '09) Aug 2 Ford Fanatic 19
News 'Relic of Racism': Group Seeks Removal of Forme... Jul '15 reality is a crutch 3
News Bush said to meet with car chiefs (Apr '06) Jul '15 USawarringIdiotSo... 16
autos look in junk yard (Feb '06) May '15 awais 80
News Ford shows it may be able to avoid federal bailout (Apr '09) Mar '15 fordNperception 3
News Ex-Ford employee claims he was fired for anti-g... (Feb '15) Feb '15 nhjeff 4
Ford Mustang RHD Launch (Jan '15) Jan '15 IndianMustaNg 1
More from around the web