United Auto Workers in Claycomo appro...

United Auto Workers in Claycomo approve Ford contract

There are 60 comments on the The Topeka Capital-Journal story from Nov 12, 2007, titled United Auto Workers in Claycomo approve Ford contract. In it, The Topeka Capital-Journal reports that:

“We look forward to turning Ford Motor Company around.”

United Auto Workers at the Ford Motor Co. plant hear have overwhelmingly approved a four-year labor agreement. via The Topeka Capital-Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Topeka Capital-Journal.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
hell with ford

United States

#1 Dec 7, 2007
i give you good advise fire all overpayd 30$ uaw lazy crack smoking so call workers hire new hard working mexican chinese foreign people and watch the company grow. kil the uaw union are destroyng world
answer to hell with ford

Philippines

#2 Dec 7, 2007
i not know what kind of crack you been smoking but neen to send your dumb ass back to mexico or china
eric

Neillsville, WI

#3 Dec 7, 2007
I agree with some of it.The Big 3 should can anyone making over 20 per hr and rehire workers at 12 or so an hour and make employees pay 75.00 per week of their health insurance.

ITs obvious that the UAW has hurt the big 3 and the entitlement mentallity has killed AMerican cars and it wasnt until bankrupcy loomed that the union decided to give concesions.Bankrupt and lose your overpaid cushy job, or take concessions and make money at your cushy job.

If the big 3 can get alittle faster with smaller cars and mid sized cars that look abit better and cut cost,they will make a nice comback and will be respected like Toyota,Honda ect.

Since: Feb 07

Village of Claycomo, MO

#4 Dec 13, 2007
answer to hell with ford wrote:
i not know what kind of crack you been smoking but neen to send your dumb ass back to mexico or china
¿Cómo está la cosa en la ciudad de Cebú, Filipinas?
no more ford

United States

#5 Dec 14, 2007
what kind of idiot will buy FORD learn history with ford help hitler and natzis were able to kill innocent people durning the world war 2
intrepid

Milton, Canada

#7 Feb 10, 2008
no more ford wrote:
what kind of idiot will buy FORD learn history with ford help hitler and natzis were able to kill innocent people durning the world war 2
You know nothing of history and the hard fought union battles that have given America a middle class. Your an ignorant fool full of hate for things you know nothing about. Go to China Traitor!
intrepid

Milton, Canada

#8 Feb 10, 2008
eric wrote:
I agree with some of it.The Big 3 should can anyone making over 20 per hr and rehire workers at 12 or so an hour and make employees pay 75.00 per week of their health insurance.
ITs obvious that the UAW has hurt the big 3 and the entitlement mentallity has killed AMerican cars and it wasnt until bankrupcy loomed that the union decided to give concesions.Bankrupt and lose your overpaid cushy job, or take concessions and make money at your cushy job.
If the big 3 can get alittle faster with smaller cars and mid sized cars that look abit better and cut cost,they will make a nice comback and will be respected like Toyota,Honda ect.
If youthink making $12.00 an hour is going to make a better car and make it cheaper, smoke another one dreamer!! Toyota & Honda workers make the same as UAW but without a union and they don't have their wages published in the news like union shops either. The unions created the middle class, so if you think the world would better by us all making $12.00 hr. give your head a shake!!$12.00 an hour is still too much compared to mexican and chinese workers so how low do you go, where does it stop? Your so hateful toward something you judge by hearsay and rumour, it just shows your ignorance. How about CEO's making millions of dollars regardless of how the company performs? No one talks about the ridiculous compensation of global executives that move our jobs offshore. How low would you go in your wage before you you would say ENOUGH!!?? Because after the unions are all gone, YOUR NEXT PAL!! ALL YOU HATEFUL ASS-HOLES will have your turn and what are you going to do about it?? NOTHING just kiss ass like you always have but it'll do no good this time, and you have NO RECOURSE. Have a nice day stupid!
Grouchy Old Guy

Thiensville, WI

#9 Feb 11, 2008
answer to hell with ford wrote:
or Phillipines.
answer to hell with ford

Philippines

#10 Feb 11, 2008
or kansas,mo
SUBARU STI

United States

#11 Feb 12, 2008
GM
General Maintenance
General Mistakes
Generally Malfunctions
General Misery
Great Mess
General Malpratice
Genital Motors
Give More
GiMme
Getting Malignant
Got Me
Grab Me

GMC
God's Mechanical Curse
Garage Man's Companion
Generic Motors Corporation
Got A Mechanic Coming?
Greatest Mistake Created
Great Mountain of Crap
Greasy Messy Contraption
Gay Man's Chevy
Generically Made Chevrolet
Gimme My Checkbook
Ford only

Philadelphia, PA

#12 Feb 12, 2008
SUBARU STI wrote:
GM
General Maintenance
General Mistakes
Generally Malfunctions
General Misery
Great Mess
General Malpratice
Genital Motors
Give More
GiMme
Getting Malignant
Got Me
Grab Me
GMC
God's Mechanical Curse
Garage Man's Companion
Generic Motors Corporation
Got A Mechanic Coming?
Greatest Mistake Created
Great Mountain of Crap
Greasy Messy Contraption
Gay Man's Chevy
Generically Made Chevrolet
Gimme My Checkbook
Subaru lol, are they still in buisness????
SUBARU STI

United States

#13 Feb 12, 2008
When it comes to American car manufacturers, they just don’t get it. They can advertise all they want about quality is job one, and we make the most reliable cars and trucks on the planet, and it makes no difference because the American people know its all bull. Only the gullible Union idiots are stupid enough to keep buying their junk under the premise of loyalty. You’re wasting your money idiots.

“Leave me a bigger tip please!”

Since: Dec 07

Funky Town (Kansas City, MO)

#14 Feb 14, 2008
I've never worked much, In fact
I've been poor all my life
I guess all I really own
Is ten kids and a wife
This house I live in is mine
But it's really a [Dm] shack
But I've always managed to somehow
drive me a brand new Cadillac.

The back door steps ...
They done fell plumb down
The front screen door is off and
Laying somewhere out there on the ground
The wind just now whooped
Up another piece of that tar
Roofing off the back; I sure hope it don't
skin up that new Cadillac.

The front porch post fell
loose at the bottom
It don't make no sense to fix 'em
'Cause that floor's just too darn rotten
In Winter time we sometimes have some snow
That blows in through the cracks
If it gets too bad we all just pile up
And sleep out there in that new Cadillac.

I know the place ain't much
But I sure don't pay no rent
I get a check the first of every month
>From this here Federal Goverment
Every Wednesday I get commodities
Sometimes four or five sacks
Pick 'em up down at the Welfare Office
Driving that new Cadillac.

Some folks say I'm crazy
And I've even been called a fool
But my kids get free books and
All them there free lunches at school
We get peanut butter and cheese
And man, they give us flour by the sack
'Course them Welfare Checks
They meet the payments on this new Cadillac.

Now the way that I see it
These other folk are the fools
They're working and paying taxes
Just to send my young'uns through school
The Salvation Army cuts their hair and
Gives them clothes to wear on their backs
So we can dress up and ride around
And show off this new Cadillac.

But things are still gonna get better yet
At least that's what I understand
They tell me this new President
Has put in a whole new poverty plan
He's gonna send us poor folks money
They say we're gonna get it out here in sacks
In fact, my wife's already shopping around
For her new Cadillac.

Since: Feb 07

Village of Claycomo, MO

#15 Feb 17, 2008
I can remember that song, from when it was played on KCKN am quite a while back, brings back a few laughs and memories.
arlene13

United States

#16 Feb 18, 2008
People look around you. What do you see? Are we in a crisis? How can United States Americans' spend money if the circle stops: earn money, spend money? And no it's not just in automobiles, but in everything you see.. Get over your ingnorance and be proud this milestone has ended. Stop wasting your energy on stupid comments (or take it as a joke - your choice). For we are headed down a long road of recovery because we are not contributing to help "OUR" economy grow.(nice poem by the way!) Proud of Ford! They could of easily taken these jobs overseas or to Mexico, or Canada, where ever. Bringing down these workers pay is not going to bring down our growing prices for food, clothes, gas etc. And to the ignorant person refering to the "hitler contribution" comment grow up! We cannot change the past. In that case the European's should give back this great land to the Native American's of which their ancestor were cheated out of. Get over it. Or better yet do something about it and get them out of reservation camps and give them your land. How many natives were not masacred in the land you live today?...
eric

Marshfield, WI

#17 Feb 19, 2008
intrepid wrote:
<quoted text>
If youthink making $12.00 an hour is going to make a better car and make it cheaper, smoke another one dreamer!! Toyota & Honda workers make the same as UAW but without a union and they don't have their wages published in the news like union shops either. The unions created the middle class, so if you think the world would better by us all making $12.00 hr. give your head a shake!!$12.00 an hour is still too much compared to mexican and chinese workers so how low do you go, where does it stop? Your so hateful toward something you judge by hearsay and rumour, it just shows your ignorance. How about CEO's making millions of dollars regardless of how the company performs? No one talks about the ridiculous compensation of global executives that move our jobs offshore. How low would you go in your wage before you you would say ENOUGH!!?? Because after the unions are all gone, YOUR NEXT PAL!! ALL YOU HATEFUL ASS-HOLES will have your turn and what are you going to do about it?? NOTHING just kiss ass like you always have but it'll do no good this time, and you have NO RECOURSE. Have a nice day stupid!
If yo think its healthy that a car company pays 30.00 hr to Union workers,and they wont give concessions until its bankrupt city and while Toyota,Honda workers are at least 10 hr less,and they are in better financial shape,then you fiqure it out,I am for america and UAW has almost ruined the American auto industry,but if i can sit on my ass and make 30 oper hr like you and make inferior products,id bitch if someone critisized it as well.Now get to work and make AMerica proud
Vet

Farmington, MI

#18 Feb 19, 2008
eric wrote:
<quoted text>If yo think its healthy that a car company pays 30.00 hr to Union workers,and they wont give concessions until its bankrupt city and while Toyota,Honda workers are at least 10 hr less,and they are in better financial shape,then you fiqure it out,I am for america and UAW has almost ruined the American auto industry,but if i can sit on my ass and make 30 oper hr like you and make inferior products,id bitch if someone critisized it as well.Now get to work and make AMerica proud
Please go take and pass a 6th grade english class and learn how to write. It's dumb asses like you that make the American workforce look bad, not the people who work hard to make decent money.
screwbuilder

United States

#19 Feb 19, 2008
eric wrote:
<quoted text>If yo think its healthy that a car company pays 30.00 hr to Union workers,and they wont give concessions until its bankrupt city and while Toyota,Honda workers are at least 10 hr less,and they are in better financial shape,then you fiqure it out,I am for america and UAW has almost ruined the American auto industry,but if i can sit on my ass and make 30 oper hr like you and make inferior products,id bitch if someone critisized it as well.Now get to work and make AMerica proud
I work on the assembly line and I can guarantee you that I do NOT sit on my ass and make $30.00 per hour. In fact I do not make $30.00 per hour. It is misinformed people like you spreading misinformation that make the American workforce look bad. Please educate yourself before posting bad information.
What is funny is that we have given many concessions the last 5+ years. When things were good in the late 90's Ford was fine the the wages and benefits we receive. Ford was making record profits, paying record bonuses etc. but when things went bad everyone assumes it is the unions fault. The union did not design cars the buying public didn't want. The union did not plan on trucks and SUV's being the bread and butter of the company and ignore the car market.

“"Mr. Politically Correct"”

Since: Dec 07

Claycomo, MO

#20 Feb 20, 2008
Ford employees are the salt of the earth, I know because the chairman of the board of directors in Claycomo said so. Yes he is also the UAW president so he should know. And don't say "conflict of interest" because that would be total nonsense!
only japan

United States

#21 Feb 20, 2008
ford owners real dumb *ford..suck...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ford Motor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Carson's Ford dealership shuts down (Jan '08) Apr 11 jeff 39
News Reggae icon Joseph Hill of Culture dies (Sep '06) Jan '17 USS LIBERTY 22
GM and Ford Contributions to America In World W... (Apr '09) Jan '17 yidfellas v USA 12
merica Mustang Jan '17 Alex9 1
News Ford Decision Cements Mexico as 'Front Line' fo... Jan '17 tomin cali 1
Ford took biggest government bailout in history (May '09) Dec '16 Tci1979 21
News Ford confirms shift of Focus manufacturing to M... (Sep '16) Sep '16 Actual Science 1
More from around the web