Ford to Boost Production in China

Ford to Boost Production in China

There are 6 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Apr 5, 2012, titled Ford to Boost Production in China. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Ford Motor Co. is expected to unveil as early as Thursday plans to invest $600 million to turn the inland Chinese city of Chongqing into its major manufacturing center for passenger cars - part of its effort to more than double its China manufacturing capacity and sales to more than 1.3 million vehicles by the end of this decade.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

limapie

Columbus, WI

#2 Apr 5, 2012
What is WRONG with these ungrateful CEO's and
"American" corporations?

I was contemplating purchasing a car and the ONLY
kind I was contemplating was FORD.

WHY? Because THEY (I though) were the only ones left that were truly AMERICAN.

The population of our country doesn't want to
just be a satellite of China and all their
crappy, slip-shotly made "products", if you
could call it that.

I was totally floored that Chevy was just GIVING our new auto technologies to China....our newly developed, light-weight metallic structures for
battery composition and top of the line Research
to create a new, eco-friendly revolution in auto products.

NOW FORD, too?

America just can't win. We'll never be again a great nation....if these selfish, short-term thinking unpatriotic CEO's and corps don't shape up.

Nope----I refuse to purchase a vehicle NOW.
Keep your China crap. I stick with my American junkyard clunker as long as I can patch it together.

I just can't believe this. This is upsetting.

TRAITORS all of YA SHAME ON ALL OF YA
opy

Chiang Rai, Thailand

#3 Jul 2, 2012
limapie wrote:
What is WRONG with these ungrateful CEO's and
"American" corporations?
I was contemplating purchasing a car and the ONLY
kind I was contemplating was FORD.
WHY? Because THEY (I though) were the only ones left that were truly AMERICAN.
The population of our country doesn't want to
just be a satellite of China and all their
crappy, slip-shotly made "products", if you
could call it that.
I was totally floored that Chevy was just GIVING our new auto technologies to China....our newly developed, light-weight metallic structures for
battery composition and top of the line Research
to create a new, eco-friendly revolution in auto products.
NOW FORD, too?
America just can't win. We'll never be again a great nation....if these selfish, short-term thinking unpatriotic CEO's and corps don't shape up.
Nope----I refuse to purchase a vehicle NOW.
Keep your China crap. I stick with my American junkyard clunker as long as I can patch it together.
I just can't believe this. This is upsetting.
TRAITORS all of YA SHAME ON ALL OF YA
just look at all the busted companies who looked to these ,,great,,,,est,,?? markets to save em. try nokia spinning off the basic mob tele handsets as chicom copied emany way.. oh moto rescued by an american co google after their chicom bust.. umm chrystler, gm, both on taxpayer lifesupport.. but wait the chicom market is their great salvation.. right & i will sell u some ocean front property in arizona. if a company says chicom market of slaves will save em, dont just walk away.. run like the devil is chasing you!
JOE6PACK

Brooklyn, NY

#4 Jul 4, 2012
China is the greatest nation on Earth. They'll save us from doom and destruction.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#5 Jul 4, 2012
Ford only moved there for insurance reasons and EPA. chinese life not worth much as an Americans finger lost in factory accident. Also the pollution the factory gives off is no big deal in china.

Location hidden

#6 Jul 5, 2012
I was reading that a chinese life lost in factory accident worth $500.... Is that true ?

Location hidden

#7 Jul 6, 2012
I'm not gonna buy another new Ford:
http://factsanddetails.com/china.php...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ford Motor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bush said to meet with car chiefs (Apr '06) 16 hr greg 13
autos look in junk yard (Feb '06) May '15 awais 80
Ford took biggest government bailout in history (May '09) Mar '15 Your Mom 18
News Ford shows it may be able to avoid federal bailout (Apr '09) Mar '15 fordNperception 3
News Ex-Ford employee claims he was fired for anti-g... Feb '15 nhjeff 4
Ford Mustang RHD Launch Jan '15 IndianMustaNg 1
News Executive suites slower to embrace gays than re... (Nov '14) Nov '14 Belle Sexton 1
More from around the web