Cars Repossessed From Vacaville Ford

Cars Repossessed From Vacaville Ford

There are 42 comments on the News10 Sacramento story from Nov 14, 2007, titled Cars Repossessed From Vacaville Ford. In it, News10 Sacramento reports that:

The entire vehicle inventory of Vacaville Ford was siezed by Solano County Sheriff's Deputies Wednesday on behalf of the Ford Motor Company, reportedly for unpaid bills.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News10 Sacramento.

BOOK EM DANO

Sacramento, CA

#22 Nov 15, 2007
Just another reason to NOT trust car sales people. Lyin thievin bastards..all of them.
And it remained unclear if the dealership would be open Thursday. Heck there aint nothing left to sell.
ORgirl

Forest Grove, OR

#23 Nov 15, 2007
I worked for a dealership that had the same thing happen. I have now spoken with private investigators, the FBI, and who knows what is next. What anightmare for all involved.
HMM

Sacramento, CA

#24 Nov 15, 2007
dale wrote:
Re-open Thursday? What are they gonna sell? Lemonade?
They still have used cars they can sell... dealerships don't only sell new cars.

Since: May 07

Washington, DC

#25 Nov 15, 2007
BOOK EM DANO wrote:
Just another reason to NOT trust car sales people. Lyin thievin bastards..all of them.
And it remained unclear if the dealership would be open Thursday. Heck there aint nothing left to sell.
True that! I cringe whenever it comes to buying a new or used vehicle. The way car salesman harrass, lie, and cheat, they should be thrown in jail. Bought my wife a new car about a month ago and let me say that the dealers are hurting big time right now. Car sales are way down which means the salesman are pulling out every cheap trick in their book to con you into buying something. I'm still getting calls from dealers we visited and I keep telling them we bought somewhere else. One salesman got mad an belittled the dealer I bought it from and another tried giving me a sob story to buy from him because his wife just died. Please!
hmm

United States

#26 Nov 15, 2007
dale wrote:
Re-open Thursday? What are they gonna sell? Lemonade?
hehehheeh good one

Since: Oct 07

Sacramento, CA

#27 Nov 15, 2007
Tatsadasayago wrote:
More than likely it was a combination of many things. Taxes, Licensing, payroll, theft and who knows what else.
To say the that SO Reposessed anything is misleading as hell however.
You notice the story read that the SO took the cars? Since when is the SO in the towing/transport biz?
Nah, you are probably right, they snagged the cars for "Evidence".
Ford Motor Credit will get screwed and the SO will end up with a bunch of late model undercover cars.
Asset Siezure is a nice way for the cops to end up with some truly nice iron. The owner sits in prison and after awhile, everyone forgets about the Yenko Camaro or the hot Civic that was siezed. Years later a cop ends up with one. Hmmmmmmm
It is true that sheriffs would not be the repo guys. It was on TV on news10 that the licensed repo agent had requested that the sheriffs accompany them out there to fufill (spelling?) the repo request made by Ford Motor Company. But some car dealers need to have an eye on them.

And it is true about cars taken by the police. If they find a rarity, they tend to push the crushing or auctioning process of those particular cars as far back as possible just to have them. If those vehicles are not claimed, crushed or auctioned off after a certain amount of time, it becomes property of the agency whom seized them. Give it a couple weeks to a month and that car would have grown a few pairs of red and blue strobe lights. BRILLIANT!
graciesmommy

Santa Fe Springs, CA

#28 Nov 15, 2007
They can't get anyone to buy them because they are complete junk. The mechanic who maintains my Toyota told me what FORD really stands for, F-O-R-D, Fix Or Repair Daily. A friend who had an Explorer called it his "EXPLODER" because the piece of crap was always leaving him stranded. Makes perfect sense to me. No customers, no $$$, lots of debt. Feel bad for all the customers and workers who were effected by this mess.

“Happy 29 Again!!!!”

Since: Sep 07

Sacramento, Ca

#29 Nov 15, 2007
This si the funniest thing that I have seen in a long time.

“Happy 29 Again!!!!”

Since: Sep 07

Sacramento, Ca

#30 Nov 15, 2007
Oops I can not speel apparently. LOL I meant is not si.
NoTvERyStOoPiD

Jackson, CA

#31 Nov 15, 2007
Wow, what do you know a car dealer gitting ripped off for a change!
our govt at work

Sacramento, CA

#32 Nov 15, 2007
Tatsadasayago wrote:
More than likely it was a combination of many things. Taxes, Licensing, payroll, theft and who knows what else.
To say the that SO Reposessed anything is misleading as hell however.
You notice the story read that the SO took the cars? Since when is the SO in the towing/transport biz?
Nah, you are probably right, they snagged the cars for "Evidence".
Ford Motor Credit will get screwed and the SO will end up with a bunch of late model undercover cars.
Asset Siezure is a nice way for the cops to end up with some truly nice iron. The owner sits in prison and after awhile, everyone forgets about the Yenko Camaro or the hot Civic that was siezed. Years later a cop ends up with one. Hmmmmmmm
And why would a FORD dealership have a Yenko or a hot Civic lyin around?? Gotaa get your makers straight.

“Rick Carsten has a crush on me”

Since: Nov 07

Elk Grove, CA

#33 Nov 15, 2007
our govt at work wrote:
<quoted text>
And why would a FORD dealership have a Yenko or a hot Civic lyin around?? Gotaa get your makers straight.
I bet if you put on your thinking cap you would realize he was talking in generalities at that point. I know about that to which he is referring to. I've seen "Drug Busts" where just about everything at the location is seized.Even stuff that is totally un-related or doesn't belong to the suspect or any defendant. Time passes and suddenly these "Assets" end up on the street or in a cop's garage under some amazingly mysterious circumstances.
Your narrow mind needs to be bored .030" over Sir!
The cops

Japan

#34 Nov 16, 2007
Charlie wrote:
"Authorities said more than 200 potential victims have contacted the District Attorney's office."
Why do 200 people have to be ripped off before the authorities respond? My guess is the 200th person was a cop, so the D.A. showed up this morning at Vacaville Ford instead of Dunkin Donuts.
Charlie my friend...it seems you've had some run-ins with the law...care to elaborate? You know we all care so much about you!
Jason

Hephzibah, GA

#35 Nov 16, 2007
HMM wrote:
<quoted text>
They still have used cars they can sell... dealerships don't only sell new cars.
They say no press is bad press, however I pity the fool (to quote Mr T) who decides to go to that dealership to purchase a car. It seems that they have been doing some shady things. If you are going there with cash and KNOW what you're doing you could probably drive the price down quite a bit because I bet they are desperate to raise funds for their legal defense.

Since: Oct 07

Sacramento, CA

#36 Nov 16, 2007
our govt at work wrote:
<quoted text>
Read that last paragraph you quoted, he was referring to what cops sieze and hold in their yards for a while. Not what was repo'ed from this dealership. Your in desparate need of reading comprehension classes.
Jay

El Dorado Hills, CA

#37 Nov 16, 2007
Vacaville Ford is not the only dealership with shady practices. Magnussens Dodge in Auburn is just as bad. My husband and I traded in 2 vehicles for a new truck. It took the dealership 4 months to pay off the loans. After 4 months the lates charges and additional interest for both loans added up to about $390. Not only did it affect our credit but they took us to small claims court for the "extra payoff" for both loans which would not have happened if paid off on time. We filed a counter suit and was awarded $5000. The maximum allowed by small claims. Magnussens was court ordered to clear up our credit and finally, 9 months later, it has been taken care of. Car dealerships can not operate without a DMV license. My suggestion...Contact the DMV first. They will investigate before anyone else will.
solano res wants to move

Oakland, CA

#38 Nov 16, 2007
The Fairfield police/people in law enforcement are paid a salary. they do not care who gets hurt when it comes to the law when THEY screw up! They should be accountable but they just keep getting paid while we pay them!
The law in Solano County SUCKS
Charlie wrote:
"Authorities said more than 200 potential victims have contacted the District Attorney's office."
Why do 200 people have to be ripped off before the authorities respond? My guess is the 200th person was a cop, so the D.A. showed up this morning at Vacaville Ford instead of Dunkin Donuts.
Nosey

Paso Robles, CA

#39 Nov 16, 2007
Hey "Tatsadasayago"

I am gonna go out on a limb here and assume Ford Motor Credit went ahead and obtained a judgement, then a court order for the seizure of the vehicles.

What you are referring to is "self-help" repossessions. Besides, I am sure one of these exclusions apply (of having to be a licensed or registered repossessor) for law enforcement:

7500.3. A repossession agency shall not include any of the following:

(a) Any bank subject to the jurisdiction of the Commissioner of Financial Institutions of the State of California under Division 1 (commencing with Section 99) of the Financial Code or the Comptroller of the Currency of the United States.

(b) Any person organized, chartered, or holding a license or authorization certificate to make loans pursuant to the laws of this state or the United States who is subject to supervision by any official or agency of this state or the United States.

(c) An attorney at law in performing his or her duties as an attorney at law.

(d) The legal owner of collateral that is subject to a security agreement or a bona fide employee employed exclusively and regularly by the legal owner of collateral that is subject to a security agreement. With regard to collateral subject to registration under the Vehicle Code, the legal owner shall be the legal owner listed on
the records of the Department of Motor Vehicles or the seller or lessor named on a valid conditional sales contract or rental or lease
agreement if the seller or lessor is a licensed vehicle dealer as defined in Section 285 of the Vehicle Code.

(e) An officer or employee of the United States of America, or of this state or a political subdivision thereof, while the officer or employee is engaged in the performance of his or her official duties.
Diana silva

Dos Palos, CA

#40 May 31, 2008
Add me to the list of people who were defrauded by Vacaville Ford.Aug.07 I purchased A Dodge Van(used).I put $900 down.I work at Travis Air Force and I only bought it to get me on base.I now know I had no spare tire in it,brakes are faulty and the windshield wipers didn't work.Every month they told me my tags and registration I paid for would be coming any day.Next month same thing.Then I went there and was told it didn't get mailed.She said she'd get on it.Huh!I con-tacted DMV fraud division,submitted all my paperwork and they told me the Van hasn't even transferred title yet.Although I've made 10 payments,I can get no help.My van just sits.I can't take it to work ,I can't sell it.Now what!who helps me.Ford should compensate us and be aware I will never buy a Ford product again
Asseena

Gridley, CA

#41 Jan 25, 2011
Jimmy flaps his lips with many nicks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ford Motor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Oro Blanco Fuel Could Have Nearly Unlimited Pro... Apr '17 Joe1938 1
News Carson's Ford dealership shuts down (Jan '08) Apr '17 jeff 39
News Reggae icon Joseph Hill of Culture dies (Sep '06) Jan '17 USS LIBERTY 22
GM and Ford Contributions to America In World W... (Apr '09) Jan '17 yidfellas v USA 12
merica Mustang (Jan '17) Jan '17 Alex9 1
News Ford Decision Cements Mexico as 'Front Line' fo... (Jan '17) Jan '17 tomin cali 1
Ford took biggest government bailout in history (May '09) Dec '16 Tci1979 21
More from around the web