Cars Repossessed From Vacaville Ford

Cars Repossessed From Vacaville Ford

There are 42 comments on the News10 Sacramento story from Nov 14, 2007, titled Cars Repossessed From Vacaville Ford. In it, News10 Sacramento reports that:

The entire vehicle inventory of Vacaville Ford was siezed by Solano County Sheriff's Deputies Wednesday on behalf of the Ford Motor Company, reportedly for unpaid bills.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News10 Sacramento.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Charlie

Fresno, CA

#1 Nov 14, 2007
"Authorities said more than 200 potential victims have contacted the District Attorney's office."

Why do 200 people have to be ripped off before the authorities respond? My guess is the 200th person was a cop, so the D.A. showed up this morning at Vacaville Ford instead of Dunkin Donuts.
CONCERNED CITIZEN

Fremont, CA

#2 Nov 14, 2007
D.A .....IT SURE TOOK YA LONG ENOUGH TO ACT.
Jason

Hephzibah, GA

#3 Nov 14, 2007
Charlie wrote:
"Authorities said more than 200 potential victims have contacted the District Attorney's office."
Why do 200 people have to be ripped off before the authorities respond? My guess is the 200th person was a cop, so the D.A. showed up this morning at Vacaville Ford instead of Dunkin Donuts.
To their credit the article did not go say if those victim came forward all at once, or if it had been happening over a period of months (if they got 200 complaints over the course of one week I would be more forgiving). Either way, it appears someone has some explaining to do.
dale

Rancho Cordova, CA

#4 Nov 14, 2007
Re-open Thursday? What are they gonna sell? Lemonade?
The Brown Family

AOL

#6 Nov 14, 2007
This is not the first time that this dealership has had complaints and it has been over a course of some years. I have never purchased a vehicle from them because of the fact that they cheated people out of things (I heard that ten years ago).|How are we as buyers suppose to know who to trust and who not to?
The Brown Family

AOL

#7 Nov 14, 2007
Not only what would they sell, but why should they be allowed to reopen... We have lived in Vacaville for 40 years and have bought cars from there but vowed not to again about ten years ago... Sticking to Chevy from vacaville....
clarence

United States

#8 Nov 14, 2007
If ford wants to sell cars.lower the prices,by taking out a lot of luxurys that we dont need.example.map finding device,tofind a sreet.
KAC

Turlock, CA

#9 Nov 14, 2007
I went into that dealership about a month ago. All of the sales people, including the finance guy, seemed like little gang bangers. The supposedly "barely used" vehicle I test drove was a piece of crap. It pulled to the left and the engine light was on - this was a $50 vehicle. I was so glad to walk away, though I did start the purchase process. I was warned, by another dealer the day after, to make sure I check my credit afterwards because there was also rumors of the employees stealing customers identity. I was shocked when I was told of this repossession coming, but extremely happy to see it happen. I'm no prude, but that place had "criminal activity" written all over it. Good riddens!

Since: Apr 07

Chula Vista, CA

#10 Nov 14, 2007
"The Brown Family"

Why is it that it one post it says that you have never purchased a vehicle from them and in another it says you have?
Pay To Play

Redmond, WA

#11 Nov 14, 2007
It Figures!!!!

Big Business(Ford Motor Company) has a beef over 60 vehicles and here comes the Sheriff to the rescue.....

Consumers have a beef over 200 acts of theft complaints and they are still investigating, investigating, investigating, investigating, investigating, investigating, investigating....
Rio Vista

Dublin, CA

#12 Nov 14, 2007
My sister in law purchased a car through them last year. She had to take it back to them so they can repair her driver's side passenger door, I'm wondering if my in laws are paying close attention to this story. Wouldn't want another ford any way.
Pay To Play

Redmond, WA

#13 Nov 14, 2007
Charlie wrote:
Sorry but you are mistaken..........

The article clearly said the 200 complaints were not connected to the repossession action. So even 200 complaints over 5 years would be way to many without any action. But that is exactly what we have......

Since: Oct 07

Lebec, CA

#14 Nov 14, 2007
I find it interesting that the article says the sheriff's office reposessed the vehicles.
Umm under California law, specifically the Consumer Affairs section states that this is NOT part of the function of law enforcement, rather licensed reposessor agencies.
Most likely the SO was there to keep the peace.
Law Enforcement cannot interfere with or aid a reposession. Often they do in fact prevent lawful repo's...and sometimes assist an agent when they are not required or allowed to.
Typical media ignorance of what the rules are...and what reality is.

Former Licensee of CA RA536

Cheers

Lebec, CA

#15 Nov 14, 2007
TheRedOfShaw wrote:
"The Brown Family"
Why is it that it one post it says that you have never purchased a vehicle from them and in another it says you have?
Nice CATCH Red!
I know a guy

Elk Grove, CA

#16 Nov 14, 2007
Tatsadasayago wrote:
I find it interesting that the article says the sheriff's office reposessed the vehicles.
Umm under California law, specifically the Consumer Affairs section states that this is NOT part of the function of law enforcement, rather licensed reposessor agencies.
Most likely the SO was there to keep the peace.
Law Enforcement cannot interfere with or aid a reposession. Often they do in fact prevent lawful repo's...and sometimes assist an agent when they are not required or allowed to.
Typical media ignorance of what the rules are...and what reality is.
Former Licensee of CA RA536
Cheers
If the dealership owed taxes, then law enforcement can collect. The state hires sheriff departments to till-tap businesses that owe taxes all of the time. You can hire the sheriff dept to serve lawsuit papers too. You can probably hire them to do anything, including repossess a dealerships cars. Or, maybe they will be used as evidence for a fraud case, in which the Sheriff was collecting evidence.

Lebec, CA

#17 Nov 14, 2007
More than likely it was a combination of many things. Taxes, Licensing, payroll, theft and who knows what else.
To say the that SO Reposessed anything is misleading as hell however.
You notice the story read that the SO took the cars? Since when is the SO in the towing/transport biz?
Nah, you are probably right, they snagged the cars for "Evidence".
Ford Motor Credit will get screwed and the SO will end up with a bunch of late model undercover cars.
Asset Siezure is a nice way for the cops to end up with some truly nice iron. The owner sits in prison and after awhile, everyone forgets about the Yenko Camaro or the hot Civic that was siezed. Years later a cop ends up with one. Hmmmmmmm

Since: May 07

Sacramento, CA

#18 Nov 14, 2007
Kind of reminds me of the scene in Fargo when William H. Macy is lying on the phone to the auto company about the cars on his lot.

Yeah, Fords are garbage plus people just aren't buying cars lately with the price of gas and the looming recession.
America W-O Taxes

Sacramento, CA

#19 Nov 15, 2007
O.M.G.
...And I like fords.

Since: Jun 07

Rancho Cordova, CA

#20 Nov 15, 2007
Good. They need to go after Lithia Toyota next.
Loyal Toyota Driver

United States

#21 Nov 15, 2007
I wonder if I can get a good deal on black and white Crown Vic...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ford Motor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Oro Blanco Fuel Could Have Nearly Unlimited Pro... (Apr '17) Apr '17 Joe1938 1
News Carson's Ford dealership shuts down (Jan '08) Apr '17 jeff 39
News Reggae icon Joseph Hill of Culture dies (Sep '06) Jan '17 USS LIBERTY 22
GM and Ford Contributions to America In World W... (Apr '09) Jan '17 yidfellas v USA 12
merica Mustang (Jan '17) Jan '17 Alex9 1
News Ford Decision Cements Mexico as 'Front Line' fo... (Jan '17) Jan '17 tomin cali 1
Ford took biggest government bailout in history (May '09) Dec '16 Tci1979 21
More from around the web