PSEG swings to profit in 2nd quarter

Full story: Courier News Online

By LINDA A. JOHNSON The Associated Press NEWARK -- Public Service Enterprise Group Inc.
Comments
1 - 17 of 17 Comments Last updated Aug 21, 2006
Unsatisified consumer

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2006

Finally, someone has stood up to the spoiled child and said "NO". With the failure of the proposed "merger" of EXELON and PSE&G, the New Jersey utility can go foward unimpeded by EXELON. PSE&G is fortunate not to have fallen under EXELON's umbrella. But PSE&G's good luck bodes ill for PECO. Without the "Eastern Alliance" of PECO & PSE&G, PECO is left alone to be resist ComEd's (EXELON)indifference to this region, and the problems we face. Facing financial difficulties at ComEd, EXELON continues to count on PECO's profitability to shore up it's bottom line. Good luck New Jersey, you will be much better off without the "merger".
Happy as is

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2006

You're RIGHT! Jeeezus. Could you imagine that? PSE&G is a well run company...and i really don't have a bad word to say about them. They have always done good by me.
Why is that when something is running well, some idiot has to get involved to screw it up (Ma' Bell, is a good example of that).
Unsatisified consumer

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2006

Well, I have to retract some of the above comments now that the NJ BPU has called Rowe's bluff and refused to meet his demand to settle the issue today. Word came out late this afternnoon of the NJ BPU's decision and I, as many watching this issue, thought it was over as Rowe said it would be, guess he isn't a man of his word afterall. The issue has come back to life with the EXELON Directors backing off a bit and extending the deadline to Aug. 21st. So there are another couple weeks of negoations and we'll have to wait and see.
Worried

Lansdale, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2006

To Unsatisfied Consumer -
I am following this news also.(I am an employee of PSEG.)
I was wondering if you would consider sending your observations and comments to the New Jersey office of the Public Advocate. The NJ Ratepayer Advocate currently opposes the aquisition (not merger). Maybe information, opinion and feedback from a ComEd customer(?) would be helpful.

I also thought we could breath easy after this most recent deadline passed. It seems that Rowe likes to throw tantrums and stomp his feet and bluster.
He must be used to getting his way in all things out there in Chicago. He makes these statements, ultimatums, but they are meaningless.
I do not like his style and it worries me that we might have someone like that running the largest utility company in NJ... and the company I work for.
bride 2 be

Metuchen, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2006

well if worse comes to worse.. leave...
there's plenty of jobs out there... some prolly better than the one where your at...
Happy as is

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2006

bride 2 be wrote:
there's plenty of jobs out there... some prolly better than the one where your at...
Wow! Thanks so much for your sage advice! That is definitely an affable recommendation. You must be a real scholar!

However, you do that with $5 an hour jobs, not careers...
bride 2 be

Metuchen, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2006

u would think so... but when i send out my resume, I always get calls, and i dont have a five dollar job... i too have a career... so what is it that you are implying you miserable fool?
bride 2 be

Metuchen, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2006

Happy as is wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! Thanks so much for your sage advice! That is definitely an affable recommendation. You must be a real scholar!
However, you do that with $5 an hour jobs, not careers...
not to mention, my advice wasn't for ya...:)
Happy as is

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2006

bride 2 be wrote:
u would think so... but when i send out my resume, I always get calls, and i dont have a five dollar job... i too have a career... so what is it that you are implying you miserable fool?
Well, if you're having to "send out your resume," obviously quite often, that's probably not a good sign. you get that,'lab partner'?

See, here is how it works..."Gettin'calls will never be as good as "holdin' down a job."

I'm begining to think you must work for the State...
bride to be

Metuchen, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2006

Happy as is wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, if you're having to "send out your resume," obviously quite often, that's probably not a good sign. you get that,'lab partner'?
See, here is how it works..."Gettin'calls will never be as good as "holdin' down a job."
I'm begining to think you must work for the State...
i've been at my current job for about four years now... was at my previous job for about 6 years but left because of a sexual harrassment case...
Happy as is

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2006

bride to be wrote:
<quoted text>
i've been at my current job for about four years now... was at my previous job for about 6 years but left because of a sexual harrassment case...
ahhhhh, yeeeesss. Now, I see. So, either you get board of your "administrative duties" and leave; Or you find a way to file suit and get rich.

Nevermind. I refuse to get into a war of wits, with an unarmed person. What highschool was that you said you dropped out of?
bride to be

Metuchen, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2006

listen i didnt go to a big expensive or increasingly smart college.. i graduated from montclair state, im not rich, but i do have a good job that i've been holding down and an education... i dont know why you started with me, i just told the man if worse comes to worse to find another job, i know its not easy, but there are other options for him other than to stay there and deal with bullshit.. i dont know what i might have said that bothered you, to get you on my case, because originally, i was speaking to him, and you got involved... so whatever it is that's up your ass, im sorry, but i dont know why you have to bother me.. just leave me alone..
peg-exc

Hackettstown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2006

The unfortunate reality is JR and EXC will carry the day and get the takeover of PSEG approved. The stage has been carefully staged with "ultimatums," twelfth hour "pushbacks" and handwringing over the deal. The pols, Sen. Codey and Gov. Corzine, have blessed the get it done mantra which everyone knows means approve it already. The veneer of independence but it is transparent to anyone that follows NJ regulation and NJ politics.
Unsatisified consumer wrote:
Finally, someone has stood up to the spoiled child and said "NO". With the failure of the proposed "merger" of EXELON and PSE&G, the New Jersey utility can go foward unimpeded by EXELON. PSE&G is fortunate not to have fallen under EXELON's umbrella. But PSE&G's good luck bodes ill for PECO. Without the "Eastern Alliance" of PECO & PSE&G, PECO is left alone to be resist ComEd's (EXELON)indifference to this region, and the problems we face. Facing financial difficulties at ComEd, EXELON continues to count on PECO's profitability to shore up it's bottom line. Good luck New Jersey, you will be much better off without the "merger".
peg-exc

Hackettstown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2006

Once approved the three utilities will be part of the new EXC. The common thread is NUCLEAR FLEET. Unfortunately, the real money is in genEration and the step child is electric distribution just a smidge above gas distribution. Generation is now beyond state control and is ripe for exploitive pricing strategies which PJM will agonize over but be unable and unlikely to catch and control. MONOPOLY POWER WILL COME BACK INTO ALL OF OUR LIVES AND SEPARATE US FROM MORE OF OUR CASH.
Unsatisified consumer wrote:
Worried

Lansdale, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2006

bride 2 be wrote:
Was the suggestion for me?
Believe me, if things get miserable I will move on. I am not one to hang around complaining instead of taking responsibility for my own life and situation.
However, you don't just walk away from two decades invested someplace.
Those "prolly better" jobs really are not easy to come by.

Also, even if I were to leave the company, unless I move out of the area, I will still have the same utility company. I think this merger is not in the best interest of consumers. Ha! That's putting it mildly isn't it?

I do think it will go through, unfortunately. Throw enough money at something and no one will stop it.

Any customers of PSE&G should be concerned. Just read up on ComEd latey... and Rowe's comments.

It's going to be a rough ride.
Foxworth5

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2006

Worried wrote:
<quoted text>
Was the suggestion for me?
Believe me, if things get miserable I will move on. I am not one to hang around complaining instead of taking responsibility for my own life and situation.
However, you don't just walk away from two decades invested someplace.
Those "prolly better" jobs really are not easy to come by.
Also, even if I were to leave the company, unless I move out of the area, I will still have the same utility company. I think this merger is not in the best interest of consumers. Ha! That's putting it mildly isn't it?
I do think it will go through, unfortunately. Throw enough money at something and no one will stop it.
Any customers of PSE&G should be concerned. Just read up on ComEd latey... and Rowe's comments.
It's going to be a rough ride.
It is a sad day for all..... I do believe the takeover will go all as planned. Rowe is in Japan as we speak but I am sure we will hear in a day or two. I am almost postive he will agree to the consession. I too work for the company, 28 years but too young to retire just yet. It's a down right shame that everything you worked for can be gone.... Total new set of rules once they take over. Their retirement age is 60 not 55 but who knows if we will even make it under the new guidelines. Don't think they will keep the grandfather rule of PSEG. I wish you the best Worried and you should be, rightly so.
Foxworth5

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2006

I agree it is going to be a rough ride, unfortunately. But the answer should come by tomorrow or next day. Rowe is in Japan as we speak but that does not matter with communications today. I believe it will pass their vote, they will agree to the consession. I too work for the company, 28 years, but to young to retire. Because of the takeover we will now be under Exelon rules and they are not the same as PSEG. It is a sad day for us all......

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Exelon Discussions

Search the Exelon Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Irish envoy joins call for immigration reform Feb '14 wild child 8
Few nuclear shutdowns to cap fuel prices (Sep '13) Sep '13 BDV 1
Nuclear Industry Withers in U.S. as Wind Pummel... (Mar '13) Mar '13 ioconnor 1
The energy 'regulatory climate' is changing too (Feb '13) Feb '13 Bernard Forand 9
Exelon's 'Nuclear Guy': No New Nukes (Mar '12) Mar '12 BDV 2
Exelon to update earthquake risk at nuclear plants (Feb '12) Feb '12 Sonic Booms 1
Reactor shuts down, releases steam at Illinois ... (Jan '12) Jan '12 Magic UndergarMitt 3
•••
•••