Higher expenses, uncollectible accoun...

Higher expenses, uncollectible accounts push Exelon earnings down

There are 5 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Oct 24, 2008, titled Higher expenses, uncollectible accounts push Exelon earnings down. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Commonwealth Edison parent Exelon Corp. said third-quarter earnings fell, as higher expenses combined with an increase in uncollectible accounts at the holding company's Com Ed and Peco utility operations.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Den C

Chicago, IL

#1 Oct 24, 2008
Barry's deadbeat constituency won't pay Com Ed and he won't drill as OPEC cuts production to raise prices. He gets it?
Huh

United States

#2 Oct 24, 2008
I can smell a rate increase coming! They need more money to pay the execs..
WOW

Skokie, IL

#3 Oct 24, 2008
Exelon gets what they deserve.
They take Billions in tax credits/breaks and energy prices never seem to go down?
Screw EXELON!
Boo Hoo

AOL

#4 Oct 24, 2008
Let's all pass the hat for 'em - not hardly.
Where are Illinois's wind-farms, where are our solar-collectors? Where is our common-sense - guess it's not so common.
Bend over - utility-users, here it comes!
Travel Bug

United States

#5 Oct 24, 2008
Boo Hoo,

the wind farms are out west, along hwy 39. I saw 3 of them during a 2 hour trip.

I wish I could see more of them. And solar panels as well. that's the energy of the future, not drilling. this 'drill baby drill' chant and mentality is regressive. The only thing that will help is progressive thinking.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Exelon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Irish envoy joins call for immigration reform (Feb '14) Feb '14 wild child 8
News Few nuclear shutdowns to cap fuel prices (Sep '13) Sep '13 BDV 1
News Nuclear Industry Withers in U.S. as Wind Pummel... (Mar '13) Mar '13 ioconnor 1
News The energy 'regulatory climate' is changing too (Feb '13) Feb '13 Bernard Forand 9
News Exelon's 'Nuclear Guy': No New Nukes (Mar '12) Mar '12 BDV 2
News Exelon to update earthquake risk at nuclear plants (Feb '12) Feb '12 Sonic Booms 1
News Reactor shuts down, releases steam at Illinois ... (Jan '12) Jan '12 Magic UndergarMitt 3
More from around the web