Obama leads with corporate crowd

Obama leads with corporate crowd

There are 17 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Sep 1, 2007, titled Obama leads with corporate crowd. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The typical Midwestern business leader is a rock-ribbed Republican who favors socially moderate policies but strongly opposes more regulation and higher taxes.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

North Chicago, IL

#1 Sep 1, 2007
don't you mean "hearts" and wallets?

Cincinnati, OH

#2 Sep 1, 2007
Judging from what I've seen out there canvasing, If I were a betting man I'd put my money on Obama. Don't be fooled by the establishment's media smoke screen. There is something truely amazing happening on the ground in this campaign.

New Orleans, LA

#3 Sep 1, 2007
Ralph Mizell

Sumter, SC

#4 Sep 1, 2007
So many have asked the question, is Obama black enough? During all my years I have never heard any one asked the question are the candidate white enough?

They all were supposed to stand for the good of the country not the whiteness or blackness, just for the good of the nation.

Experience: If it takes experience to mess up a country to the point we are now, why not bring in some new blood and explore some new ideals? Maybe just maybe we can find common ground to a better way of life than partisan politic.

72 years old
Ralph of Sumter, SC.

beth in cary

United States

#5 Sep 2, 2007
I think even the GOP can recognize the hypocrisy in thier own organization.This is why I think Obama has the best chance at cross-over votes from the GOP. those same values voters know Obama is a man of faith-with a diverse background on his faith. the memory of Bill Clintons' sex scandal has left a bad taste in their mouths for another Clinton-which is why Obama has the best shot at wooing Independents and moderate GOP. Seeing the hypocrisy of Larry Craig and Foley scandals should turn of gOP voters from going down this misguided path of voting based on religion-when those views of intolerance have been the most divided 7 year history of our country that I can can recall in my lifetime.I think the GOP have always painted the Democratic Party as the Welfare Party- who want to take money form the rich to give to the poor. while soemwhat true-in this face of massive GOP corruption and exhorbitant CEO pay and gouging by Big Oil-I think even the GOP recognize there is a need for moderation between the 2 (rich and poor) for the benefit of the country. I think Obama is a new kind of Democrat who knows these are changing times-and is visionary enough to navigate us through it.
Hershel Cowsert

#6 Sep 2, 2007
GO OBAMA GO you are our man.
Henry Enunu

Grasse, France

#7 Sep 2, 2007
i have one word for the Americans that they should fought for an African this time as the president to prove it's democracy and racism divide.Let see Iowa and NH prove this,
Peter M

Harrisburg, PA

#8 Sep 2, 2007
Senator Obama is the man. We need integrity, honesty and openness in our government and the White House. The Clintons are worse than the Mafia. No going back to the scandalous 1990s. On with change.

Mauldin, SC

#9 Sep 2, 2007
I don't know what to make of this support from businesspeople from Illinois. It could be a trick of the Clinton campaign to try to paint Barack as being in bed with big business, it could be that they support him because he is a fellow Illinoian, or it could be that they really do like his platform and ideas, and believe that he would be the best choice that the country can make in 2008!
True man

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#10 Sep 2, 2007
Obama is sincere. We have failed with experience, I think this time we should let love and sincerity be our influence on choosing the next commander in chief. Obama is the man of the hour, the experiences we're looking at today are filled with filth. Go Obama, this is your time!!!
Mariann Pepitone

Chicago, IL

#11 Sep 2, 2007
Obama is not going to win the nomination for president not now even though he dreams about it. Yes, he's got a big smile all the time but smiles don't get you nominated. His wife does not know how to campaign she should just sit down and stay quiet. He can't even speak intelligent enough like Hillary Clinton. I don't care about all the comments relating to him getting in because that is a joke. HE IS NOT GOING TO BECOME PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES NOW, MAYBE YEARS FROM NOW BUT ONLY MAYBE.
DIsenchantedGOPe r

Boston, MA

#12 Sep 2, 2007
years of divisive politics have left a stale taste in my mouth Obama is the one candidate that I believe truely wants an end to that. To that extent alone, he is getting my vote
Hillary Is From Where

Bennington, VT

#13 Sep 3, 2007
Hillary's ties to the "Land of Lincoln" are nil at this point. She's spent all of her adult life out of state whereas Obama chose Illinois and has contributed a lot to the state.
Obama's a heck of a lot less threatening to the economic well-being of the state as well. Hillary and Bill's past record of touting big government doesn's play well. Their personal lives and travails have been detailed elsewhere numerous times, but they don't reflect Illinois values either.

“going places”

Since: Aug 07

des moines iowa

#14 Sep 3, 2007
clinton is the past
obama is the future
obama will redraw the political map
red plus blue is purple
one purple nation rather than
a red nation and a blue nation
clinton will only give us more intense red and blue
it must be obama in 2008
M J Hart

Fullerton, CA

#15 Sep 3, 2007
OBAMA< A breath of fresh air, It can't hurt to have a honest, heartwarming Leader, to lead us in a new direction. Who could compare with him as our new leader?. God Bless and protect him.

Greenbank, WA

#16 Sep 3, 2007
I don't understand the contribution's, why throw it in three rings? Obama is a good man but I just don't think he is ready to run this country. I would really like to see him as Edwards vice president and go for the next presidential term after Edwards. Hilary is a republican puppet look at her voting record, she has no straight out goal except to be the first woman president of the United States if you can call us united I see a very divided United States unfortunately, I don't see color I am not prejudice I don't think women are any less at anything then men but I just cannot in all good conscious vote for Ms. Clinton. I hate the fact that big business is the supporters of all the campaigns, this just means more bought favor's.

Glendale, CA

#17 Sep 4, 2007
Maybe you should look at the front page of Fortune magazine. Buy Parity Democracy, how to level the world economic playing field if you want to change our bankrupt system. Online at amazon.com or BN.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Exelon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Irish envoy joins call for immigration reform (Feb '14) Feb '14 wild child 8
News Few nuclear shutdowns to cap fuel prices (Sep '13) Sep '13 BDV 1
News Nuclear Industry Withers in U.S. as Wind Pummel... (Mar '13) Mar '13 ioconnor 1
News The energy 'regulatory climate' is changing too (Feb '13) Feb '13 Bernard Forand 9
News Exelon's 'Nuclear Guy': No New Nukes (Mar '12) Mar '12 BDV 2
News Exelon to update earthquake risk at nuclear plants (Feb '12) Feb '12 Sonic Booms 1
News Reactor shuts down, releases steam at Illinois ... (Jan '12) Jan '12 Magic UndergarMitt 3