Weak electricity demand saps Exelon 2...

Weak electricity demand saps Exelon 2Q earnings

There are 4 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jul 24, 2009, titled Weak electricity demand saps Exelon 2Q earnings. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Exelon Corp. 's second-quarter profit fell 12 percent on ongoing weakness in electricity demand as the power company looked beyond its failed bid for NRG Energy Inc.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Vidiotic

Aurora, IL

#1 Jul 24, 2009
I find it hard to feel too bad because lower electricity bills have affected some peoples profit margin. It's greed like this that is killing America. Energy providers should rejoice at the lessening of the load on the consumer during this recession. I know families who cannot afford electricity living in the dark because of high power bills and intransigent policies at utilities companies. Forget profits and help people now.
ConManed

Arlington, VA

#2 Jul 24, 2009
These ripoff artists at Exelon are the type of people we should toss in our cars, drive over to the ghetto, push them out, lock the doors, scream ethnic slurs on a loudspeaker and drive away really really fast.
Bob-Chicago

Chicago, IL

#3 Jul 24, 2009
Keep teaching and encouraging us to be more energy conscious and ease the demand.

Then moan about decreasing revenue.

Next thing will be rate increases as a reward to us for being conservative...
rocky

Palatine, IL

#4 Jul 24, 2009
You all deserve a rate increase... I want to see 25 cents a KWH by the year end.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Exelon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Irish envoy joins call for immigration reform (Feb '14) Feb '14 wild child 8
News Few nuclear shutdowns to cap fuel prices (Sep '13) Sep '13 BDV 1
News Nuclear Industry Withers in U.S. as Wind Pummel... (Mar '13) Mar '13 ioconnor 1
News The energy 'regulatory climate' is changing too (Feb '13) Feb '13 Bernard Forand 9
News Exelon's 'Nuclear Guy': No New Nukes (Mar '12) Mar '12 BDV 2
News Exelon to update earthquake risk at nuclear plants (Feb '12) Feb '12 Sonic Booms 1
News Reactor shuts down, releases steam at Illinois ... (Jan '12) Jan '12 Magic UndergarMitt 3
More from around the web