Yankee gets closer to licensing defeat

A former nuclear engineer told lawmakers Thursday that the Vermont Yankee reactor should be shut down and a whistleblower raised new questions about what plant officials knew when about leaking radioactivity, as chances for the plant's relicensing weakened. Full Story
Dan

Centereach, NY

#1 Feb 19, 2010
I love how the reformer blasts anything said by the plant personnel or Entergy in support of the plant but someone claiming to be an employee of the plant is automatically given creedance as an employee. This person could be anyone including someone from the New England coalition. I would not put it past them. Until this person is shown to be an employee with the actual knowledge of the plant operations, this is hear say at best.
Your Neighbor

Lisbon Falls, ME

#2 Feb 19, 2010
I wonder how in the same paper on the same day, an article is printed reporting on the increase of childhood poverty in Windham County?

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#3 Feb 19, 2010
The state has no legal authority to shut the plant down for safety concerns, so it will be interesting to see what the discussion is actually about in the legislature.
Mike Mulligan

Roslindale, MA

#4 Feb 19, 2010
Ben is actually the plant manager of VY...that picture is the actual picture of the VY plant manager?

He is way smarter than he looks?
estanson

Bellows Falls, VT

#5 Feb 19, 2010
Ben Long wrote:
The state has no legal authority to shut the plant down for safety concerns, so it will be interesting to see what the discussion is actually about in the legislature.
its bizarre that Vt has no say over what occurs within its borders...yet.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#6 Feb 19, 2010
estanson wrote:
<quoted text>
its bizarre that Vt has no say over what occurs within its borders...yet.
Well, you know I kind of agree with you on this issue - even though I think you're a crazy libertarian kook.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Entergy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
S&WB taps New Orleans capital projects director... (Jan '14) Jan '14 setup 1
Entergy Provides Preliminary Third Quarter Earn... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Fukushima Radiati... 1
Entergy Corp. (ETR) Updates FY13 Earnings Guidance (Oct '13) Oct '13 Fukushima Radiati... 1
Entergy Recognized as Worldwide Leader in Clima... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Fukushima Radiati... 1
Nuclear power plant in Mississippi emits smoke ... (Sep '13) Sep '13 BDV 2
VY still lobbies for new license (Oct '10) Oct '12 Mike Mulligan 134
Troubled Michigan nuclear plant shut down for m... (Apr '12) Apr '12 BDV 1
More from around the web