Entergy offer to sell Yankee will mee...

Entergy offer to sell Yankee will meet resistance

There are 162 comments on the Brattleboro Reformer story from Dec 3, 2010, titled Entergy offer to sell Yankee will meet resistance. In it, Brattleboro Reformer reports that:

Discrediting itself both with false statements and leak-prone operation, Entergy Nuclear, the owner of Vermont Yankee, appears to have recognized that it permanently lost the confidence of Vermonters and the Vermont legislature.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Brattleboro Reformer.

Yah Right

Bellows Falls, VT

#21 Dec 4, 2010
northstardust wrote:
<quoted text>
He can be both, although I'm sure it's difficult enough for losers to comprehend merely being one, to say nothing of being accomplished @ two.
Since you cannot refute *anything* he said, you are obviously another member of the under the bridge cave dwelling element who have flooded these threads & stormed all media outlets in an attempt to silence the truth this past year.
FYI: It isn't working! We are becoming more resolved, immune & bulletproof to the e-thuggery & continued propaganda, so I guess I really should thank all of you, esp since so many have been run off & have seen the hideousness up close & personal, and, apparently vote as we do which is why Entergy is now on the run.
Keep up the great work & wonderful contribution to the cause of unmasking 'IAMVY' & the failed media blitz 'We Are Your Friends & Neighbors' along w/the pronuclear claque, fronts & orgs who routinely come to lend a helping hand to embattled **** & occupiers Entergy.
It's an honor.
If "losers" means we work for a living and don't spend our days ranting on blogs and believing every morsel of anti rhetoric that hits the paper: If it means we don't recopy articles with out any criticial objective analysis; If it means we don't run for offices that we have no clue about Jane; Well then, just let me say I am proud to be a loser.

“figuresdontlie*l iarscanfigure”

Since: Feb 10

S. Londonderry VT

#22 Dec 4, 2010
I Know More Than You wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's the link to the report idiot, how's that plate of crow taste?
It was "hidden" on the front page of PSB website and was the first link returned on Google for "vermont act 160 report vermont yankee"
http://publicservice.vermont.gov/dockets/7440...
Hows that steaming pile taste???

I gave the link, anyone who can read now knows, if they missed your last fifty tries, you cannot tell the truth to save your life. That's ok, nothing but a waste of skin anyways. And,once again found to be the liar you are, as usual!

Keep up the great work. No one has done more for our cause than you. ;D

S. Londonderry VT

#23 Dec 4, 2010
NH DAD wrote:
I think its time for northstardust to pull the string that is hanging between her legs maybe time to change it you think? Your all wound up today
Don't you think it's time you stopped pulling on that skinny little string hanging between your legs-we see what slapping it around all day has done for the plant-it's falling apart. Is that all you brave bada*s bigot boys do all day???

Hmm, not surprising the plant is now dilapidated & has fallen into disrepair if that's all you are capable of.

103 other reactors to go to, however since none seem to be as decrepit as VY, apparently they have better things to do.

Good riddance. Watch that door now!

S. Londonderry VT

#24 Dec 4, 2010
Yah Right wrote:
<quoted text>
If "losers" means we work for a living and don't spend our days ranting on blogs and believing every morsel of anti rhetoric that hits the paper: If it means we don't recopy articles with out any criticial objective analysis; If it means we don't run for offices that we have no clue about Jane; Well then, just let me say I am proud to be a loser.
You do spend your day ranting on blogs! What are you doing now?-that's right-ranting on blogs! Since the plant is falling apart we know what yall do all day-*ack off & rant on blogs!

But your skanky friend DID recopy an article-it was all a lie! So you don't know what tyour talking about anymore than that other waste of skin.

If you did your damn job & maybe the plant wouldn't be falling apart & none of this would have happened.

S. Londonderry VT

#25 Dec 4, 2010
Concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
So far I do not see any action on voting for the closure-wonder why they didn't before the end of last session?
They're not going to take it up since the Senate vote was enough to kill it. the House is not in disagreement. If the House had a separate measure the Senate would kill it so the point & issue moot.
I Know More Than You

Farmington, NH

#26 Dec 4, 2010
northstaridiot wrote:
Hows that steaming pile taste???
I gave the link, anyone who can read now knows, if they missed your last fifty tries, you cannot tell the truth to save your life. That's ok, nothing but a waste of skin anyways. And,once again found to be the liar you are, as usual!
Looks like someone is off their meds again. Take a few bong hits and calm down sugarplum.

You've been wrong so often and for so long, I figure you wouldn't get this upset anymore.

S. Londonderry VT

#27 Dec 4, 2010
hhmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
NSD,
I just went and fact checked and what he posted is word for word from that report. Page 25 to make it easier to find. As much as "I know more then you." offends me with his style of writing, As much as I wish he would be more polite in his delivery since he is pro VY, he has provided a fact backed up by a report from the legislators contracted engineering service itself.
And you are another complete liar. Please repost your supposed version of Act 160. You cannot b/c it is not Act 160.

FYI: There is only ONE Act 160.

I posted it, all who can read now know you are both a couple of liars & have been nothing but as long as you have been commenting- for an entire year.

Keep it up,'IAMVY', just so there is no doubt about your or the sick narcissist you are carrying water for integrity & honesty. I'll gladly repost your lies wherever you comment.

It is hereby enacted by the General Assembly of the State of Vermont:

Sec. 1. LEGISLATIVE POLICY AND PURPOSE

(a) It remains the policy of the state that a nuclear energy generating plant may be operated in Vermont only with the explicit approval of the General Assembly expressed in law after full, open, and informed public deliberation and discussion with respect to pertinent factors, including the state’s need for power, the economics and environmental impacts of long-term storage of nuclear waste, and choice of power sources among various alternatives.

(b) It is the purpose of this act to establish a statutory process to implement this policy with respect to the operation of any nuclear energy generating plant in the state beyond the date of any certificate of public good granted and in force, including any in force as of January 1, 2006.
more:
http://www.leg.state.vt.us/jfo/VY%20Legislati...

Explanation of ACT 160:

- The power of Act 160

In May 2006, after intensive citizen advocacy efforts, the Vermont legislature passed a law of truly historic proportions, Act 160.

Act 160 states that the Entergy Nuclear Corporation may not operate the Vermont Yankee nuclear reactor after its license expires in 2012 without "the explicit approval of the General Assembly".

*****Even if the federal Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) in Washington, DC decides to authorize a 20-year license extension for the aging, mismanaged reactor, the representatives of Vermont's citizens still have the authority to say "NO!"*****

legislature's vote will likely take place during the 2010 session.
more:
http://www.vtcitizen.org/index.php/act-160.ht...
I Know More Than You

Farmington, NH

#28 Dec 4, 2010
northstaridiot wrote:
I'm koo-koo for Cocoa Puffs! I'm koo-koo for Cocoa Puffs!
Keep digging there sugarplum, pretty soon you will be deeper than that COB well at VY.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#29 Dec 4, 2010
OK NSD....before you start calling everyone who disagrees with you liars. Check out Docket 7440 on the vermont PSB site. I will give a link below so u can click it, but u can check for yourself in case u think my link is a lie. Docket 7440 is the Vermont PSB docket for the license extension of VY. S In that docket there the following report. If you go to page 25 you will find what he had stated. Now was this part of ACT 160 itself, no but it is part of the PSB relicensing docket. All I was commenting on was I fact checked the report he talked about. It is real, it is filed in docket 7440 and the information in it is factual. The report was actually very informative to me and I feel I know more about nuclear power then the average person.

Location hidden

#30 Dec 4, 2010
I know you will say it is not ACT 160 so therefore we are both liars, But before you do and end up being the liar yourself. The executive summary at the begining of this report states the following, "This report presents the results of the studies commissioned by the Department of Public Service (“DPS”) concerning the proposed certificate of public good for the Vermont Yankee nuclear power station to allow operation of
the station an additional 20 years. The report covers a wide variety of topics relevant to the relicensing of Vermont Yankee, including topics that were identified by the DPS staff in consultation with other state Departments and
through a public engagement process. This report was prepared under contract with the Vermont Department of Public Service pursuant to Act 160 of the 2005-2006 session of the Vermont State Legislature."

Notice the first and last lines. The first being that it was commisioned by the state (thus unbiased). The last being that it was pursuant to Act 160. Thus the report was prepared for act 160.

Let the yelling begin!
NH DAD

Bellows Falls, VT

#31 Dec 4, 2010
Hey northstart Sh%^t head I dont care if its open or not in fact I you guys will never build the wind farms needed to support the grid with VT closed But I do enjoy watching you get that thong stuck up your Cu*t every day because of that place should of build the wind farm on magic mt when you could or was that going to hurt some bird that why it never got built?????
NH DAD

Bellows Falls, VT

#32 Dec 4, 2010
hhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm you make the most since here next some of other good people but this nstarturd needs to go get he BBC of a toy and use it on her self

S. Londonderry VT

#33 Dec 4, 2010
hhmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:
I know you will say it is not ACT 160... Thus the report was prepared for act 160.
Let the yelling begin!
Yes, I will say it's not Act 160, beacause it's not, more of your neverending lies & chicanery.

The quote was not from Act 160, but she tried to claim it was, as did you, knowing full well it was a lie, believing everyone who read your bs would not think you could be making up such a whopper, but you BOTH do it all the time & have for the past year. I sure hope you losers don't wonder why Entergy & VY employees not believed or trusted-it's pretty clear. You're all a bunch of liars & couldn't tell the truth to save your life.

Let the sniveling & whimpering begin!
hhmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:
OK NSD....before you start calling everyone who disagrees with you liars. Check out Docket 7440 on the vermont PSB site. I will give a link below so u can click it, but u can check for yourself in case u think my link is a lie. Docket 7440 is the Vermont PSB docket for the license extension of VY. S In that docket there the following report. If you go to page 25 you will find what he had stated. Now was this part of ACT 160 itself, no but it is part of the PSB relicensing docket. All I was commenting on was I fact checked the report he talked about. It is real, it is filed in docket 7440 and the information in it is factual. The report was actually very informative to me and I feel I know more about nuclear power then the average person.
Docket 7440 is not an issue or what is being discussed-another dummy. I never checked any of the links because I don't have to-I have Act 160 & none of the links are it, it was not a PSB document & had nothing to do w/anything being discussed.

Not calling everyone I disagree with a liar. I called 'I Don't Know Anything' a liar, because she is-she took a statement from another source & claimed it was from Act 160-a complete lie.

I called you a liar, because you also are one. You posted a link to a document also which was not Act 160 & claimed it was-a complete lie:
I Don't Know Anything:

I'd be happy prove this "lawyer/physicist" is a liar and charlatan who attempts to fool the gullible anti-nuke idiots.
"Vermont Yankee will finish its 40 year design-life in 2012."

From the state's own Act 160 on VY:

"2.3 Review of NRC license renewal process
U.S. nuclear power plants are licensed to operate for 40 years. This term was specified by Congress in the Atomic Energy Act of 1954.

The law was fashioned after the Communications Act of 1934, in which radio stations were licensed to operate for several years and allowed to renew their licenses as long as the stations continued to meet their charters.

The Atomic Energy Act allowed for nuclear power plants to renew their licenses.
Congress selected a 40-year term for nuclear power plant licenses because this period was a typical amortization period for an electric power plant. The 40-year license term was not based on safety, technical or environmental factors. "

Looks like another anti-nuke "expert" is nothing but an ideologue, fraud, and liar.

northstardust:
"Looks like another pronuke "expert" is nothing but an ideologue, fraud, and liar."

Umm, this would be YOU! Ha!

Pants around ankles-AGAIN!

You have proved nothing-AGAIN!, except that everything you say is a complete & total lie!

NOTHING you said is in Act 160! Your cut & paste is likely from NRC website.

Wrong NPP, dummy!

cont'd

Location hidden

#34 Dec 4, 2010
NH DAD, I will not condone your vulgarity. NSD and I may disagree on many things and she may insult me and call me many names, but I do not condone your posts or language. If you have something to add to the debateplease do, but lets act with a tad bit of respect. I personally would ask that anyone who supports VY to act professional in debating others. The jobs of many good people, and the economy of the state as a whole rely on it.

Location hidden

#35 Dec 4, 2010
NSD to admit you never look at any of the links shows how arrogant and ignorant you are. You can go on and on but the truth is the truth and that is that 40 years was NEVER the design of a nuclear reactor. The author of this editorial is plain wrong and any of the points he made can and have been disproven. Continue to yell, but your deversions are laughable at best. The report he quoted was "prepared under contract with the Vermont Department of Public Service pursuant to Act 160 of the 2005-2006 session of the Vermont State Legislature." Which means it was prepared because of act 160. You are splitting hairs and in the end his/her post is factual. So rather then diversion and spinning how about commenting on the fact that the author was incorrect about nuclear power plants being designed for 40 years.
I Know More Than You

Farmington, NH

#36 Dec 4, 2010
northstaridiot wrote:
Your cut & paste is likely from NRC website.
Wrong NPP, dummy!
"NRC website"

"Wrong NPP"

I may be an arsewhole, but you take stupid to a whole other level.

After all that, you still refuse to read the report. Why am I not surprised.

The funniest thing is how worked up you got over the fact that I neglected to put "report" in my original post. I wonder how much time you wasted on that little errand.

Tell you what sugarplum, look at any other of my posts where I use that quote that and you will find the word "report."

Location hidden

#37 Dec 4, 2010
northstardust wrote:
<quoted text>
The quote was not from Act 160, but she tried to claim it was, as did you, knowing full well it was a lie, believing everyone who read your bs would not think you could be making up such a whopper, but you BOTH do it all the time & have for the past year.
I never stated it was from act 160 as you say. I ask you to prove that I said that. What I stated is that I fact checked the statement. Which I did by reading the report and what was stated in the report is factual.

You can continue to attempt to put words in my mouth, but I did not say that. In doing so you just make yourself out to be a liar.
I Know More Than You

Farmington, NH

#38 Dec 4, 2010

S. Londonderry VT

#39 Dec 4, 2010
Act 160 in its entirety, for the record, proof that you both are a couple of pathological liars.

You and the dogpilers you cowards must bring along for the ride are as much s c u m b a g s as are you two. Get a room please & take your nasty little creepy 'friend' with you. It should be fun. Don't forget the protection-looks like you'll need it. Hard to believe even Entergy would hire you three to do anything other than scrub the floors & clean the restrooms.

NO. 160. AN ACT RELATING TO A CERTIFICATE OF PUBLIC GOOD FOR EXTENDING THE OPERATING LICENSE OF A NUCLEAR POWER PLANT.

(S.124)

It is hereby enacted by the General Assembly of the State of Vermont:

Sec. 1. LEGISLATIVE POLICY AND PURPOSE

(a) It remains the policy of the state that a nuclear energy generating plant

may be operated in Vermont only with the explicit approval of the General

Assembly expressed in law after full, open, and informed public deliberation

and discussion with respect to pertinent factors, including the state’s need for

power, the economics and environmental impacts of long-term storage of

nuclear waste, and choice of power sources among various alternatives.

(b) It is the purpose of this act to establish a statutory process to implement

this policy with respect to the operation of any nuclear energy generating plant

in the state beyond the date of any certificate of public good granted and in

force, including any in force as of January 1, 2006.

(c) Pursuant to No. 74 of the Acts of the 2005 session, the owner of the

Vermont Yankee nuclear power station:

(1) is required to obtain the approval of the general assembly before

storage of spent fuel derived from the operation of Vermont Yankee nuclear

power station after March 21, 2012, and also

(2) is required to obtain a section 248 certificate of public good from the

public service board before operation beyond that date.

- Page 2

(d) It is appropriate that the spent fuel storage issue be framed and

addressed as a part of the larger societal discussion of broader economic and

environmental issues relating to the operation of a nuclear facility in the state,

including an assessment of the potential need for the operation of the facility

and its economic benefits, risks, and costs; and in order to allow opportunity to

assess alternatives that may be more cost-effective or that otherwise may better

promote the general welfare.

(e) It is appropriate for the general assembly to require that when the public

service board addresses the issue of whether to issue a certificate of public

good for the operation of the plant beyond the date specified in a previous

certificate of public good, it evaluate the issue under present day cost benefit

assumptions and analyses forming the basis of the certificate of public good for

the current operation of the facility.

(f) For the foregoing reasons, the general assembly shall consider

concurrently the issue of storage of spent nuclear fuel derived from the

operation of Vermont Yankee nuclear power station after March 21, 2012 as

set forth in No. 74 of the Acts of the 2005 session and the operation of

Vermont Yankee after March 21, 2012 as set forth in 30 V.S.A.§ 248, and

shall grant the approval or deny the approval of such activities concurrently.

Accordingly, if the general assembly approves and determines that the

operation of the facility beyond the date permitted in any certificate of public

good granted pursuant to this title will promote the public welfare, then the
Page 3

approval of the general assembly for the storage of spent fuel derived from the

operation of the Vermont Yankee nuclear power station after March 21, 2012

will also be deemed approval as required in 10 V.S.A.§ 6522.

Sec. 2. 30 V.S.A.§ 248(e) is amended to read:
Merry Christmas

Holden, ME

#41 Dec 5, 2010
http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financialnews/ ...

Peter Shumlin promised to bring Green Energy Jobs to Vermont. Now he is proposing a big natural gas project. Natural gas is cleaner than coal, but still increases Vermont's carbon footprint. Are these the green energy jobs that he promised Vermonters? Will the gas come from America? Will those drilling and generating jobs be American? I guess this is where politics begins to meet reality? Not even in office yet and breaking promises, better fasten your seatbelts

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Entergy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Weird 29 mins ago 7:16 p.m.Bird droppings blame... Mar '16 Rubio s Foam Partays 4
News S&WB taps New Orleans capital projects director... (Jan '14) Jan '14 setup 1
News Entergy Provides Preliminary Third Quarter Earn... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Fukushima Radiati... 1
News Entergy Corp. (ETR) Updates FY13 Earnings Guidance (Oct '13) Oct '13 Fukushima Radiati... 1
News Entergy Recognized as Worldwide Leader in Clima... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Fukushima Radiati... 1
News Nuclear power plant in Mississippi emits smoke ... (Sep '13) Sep '13 BDV 2
News VY still lobbies for new license (Oct '10) Oct '12 Mike Mulligan 134
More from around the web