Letter Box

Letter Box

There are 12 comments on the Brattleboro Reformer story from Jul 29, 2010, titled Letter Box. In it, Brattleboro Reformer reports that:

In response to the Reformer 's "Just the Facts" editorial , New England Coalition agrees in large part with the sentiments expressed.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Brattleboro Reformer.

Republicrat

Bellows Falls, VT

#1 Jul 29, 2010
"We are aware of developers’ interest in Glebe Mountain, but the town of Londonderry has been quite clear on this subject: the answer has been, and continues to be......NOT IN OUR BACK YARD.

Yeah we get it. What ruins your view worse Mr Wilbur? Some wind turbines on a distant mountaintop or the whole side of that mountain all but defoliated from acid rain damage?

http://www.robl.w1.com/Pix/I-900991.htm
stanleystanley

Brattleboro, VT

#2 Jul 29, 2010
The BANANA crowd....BUILD ALMOST NOTHING ANYWHERE NEAR ANYTHING.
Howard Shaffer

New Boston, NH

#3 Jul 29, 2010
NEC says they use fact based arguments. They need to get their facts right. At the VSNAP hearing on the "transformer fire" their representative called out from the audience that the Recricualtion Pumps' Motors are safety related. They aren't. The piping etc. is because it is part of the pressure boundary. The function of recircualtion is for power level control in the power range.

Since: Jul 10

Brattleboro, VT

#4 Jul 29, 2010
NIMBY strikes again.

The wind farm in Searsburg is not producing the doomsday scenario warned by the holdouts. Some people actually consider wind turbines on the horizon an attractive sign of an environmentally-compatible and sustainable society. We need more wind power and less whining.
Searsburg Hillbilly

Thailand

#5 Jul 29, 2010
New Clear Waste wrote:
NIMBY strikes again.
The wind farm in Searsburg is not producing the doomsday scenario warned by the holdouts. Some people actually consider wind turbines on the horizon an attractive sign of an environmentally-compatible and sustainable society. We need more wind power and less whining.
Sustainable? No.

One major problem, they don't actually produce usable electricity.

Keep dreaming, but give me a nuke next door any day if you'll get rid of the bird choppers.
stanleystanley

Dover, NH

#6 Jul 29, 2010
I have a great idea for wind power. Put a windmill on top of Northfield Mt and use it to pump water up to the reservoir. Pump it up when the wind is blowing and release the hydro when it is not. I wonder how the eviros would like large resevoirs constructed on top of mountains next to windmills. It would make them a lot more useful.
Republicrat

Bellows Falls, VT

#7 Jul 30, 2010
Searsburg Hillbilly wrote:
<quoted text>
Sustainable? No.
Keep dreaming, but give me a nuke next door any day if you'll get rid of the bird choppers.
Yeah that's right. They don't actually produce electricity. They're just up there to be huge whirligigs. Try another one NIMBY.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#8 Jul 30, 2010
Searsburg Hillbilly wrote:
<quoted text>

Sustainable? No.

You're right, the Searsburg wind farm isn't in reality connected to any kind of power generation system. The windmills are in actuality all connected to a complicated series of gears and pulleys that are used to drive the liberal agenda.
brk

Springfield, MA

#9 Jul 30, 2010
they are a microcosm of the truly massive failed wind turbine fields in CA
brk

Springfield, MA

#10 Jul 30, 2010

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#11 Jul 30, 2010
brk wrote:
they are a microcosm of the truly massive failed wind turbine fields in CA
If you're trying to imply that wind power doesn't work, you're simply wrong.
Anywhere

White Plains, NY

#12 Jul 30, 2010
Doesn't NSD live in Londonderry? Why isn't she as vocal in her support of a wind project as she is against VY? Why don't the people who live in Londonderry - who are opponents of VY, say they want renewable energy, and still want to turn on their lights not supporting this project? Gee, why don't you be a little more hyprocritical townspeople? If you want renewable energy, then wind power has to be part of the mix. And in NE, the wind blows the most at the top of the mountains. If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Entergy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Weird 29 mins ago 7:16 p.m.Bird droppings blame... (Mar '16) Mar '16 Rubio s Foam Partays 4
News S&WB taps New Orleans capital projects director... (Jan '14) Jan '14 setup 1
News Entergy Provides Preliminary Third Quarter Earn... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Fukushima Radiati... 1
News Entergy Corp. (ETR) Updates FY13 Earnings Guidance (Oct '13) Oct '13 Fukushima Radiati... 1
News Entergy Recognized as Worldwide Leader in Clima... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Fukushima Radiati... 1
News Nuclear power plant in Mississippi emits smoke ... (Sep '13) Sep '13 BDV 2
News VY still lobbies for new license (Oct '10) Oct '12 Mike Mulligan 134
More from around the web