Is Entergy trying to sell Yankee?

According to Energy Daily, Entergy is looking for a buyer for its Vermont Yankee nuclear power plant in Vernon. Full Story
Solar Bomb

Little Rock, AR

#223 Sep 9, 2010
Actually the answer to 1 & 2 are indeed yes. Witness the revolutionary change in the industry after TMI. And it has indeed never happened again.

As to insurance the industry was federally insured by law in the 1950's. The law would have to be reversed for privaate insurance or state governments to provide coverage. Takes an act of Congress.

So why not write to your Congressmen and ask them to work to ahve the law repealed.

Then the things you proposed could be done.
I Vote Vermont

Shelburne, VT

#224 Sep 9, 2010
I wouldn't live in Vernon if I didn't believe that Vermont Yankee was safe.

“figuresdontlie*l iarscanfigure”

Since: Feb 10

S. Londonderry VT

#225 Sep 9, 2010
Solar Bomb wrote:
Actually the answer to 1 & 2 are indeed yes. Witness the revolutionary change in the industry after TMI. And it has indeed never happened again.
As to insurance the industry was federally insured by law in the 1950's. The law would have to be reversed for privaate insurance or state governments to provide coverage. Takes an act of Congress.
So why not write to your Congressmen and ask them to work to ahve the law repealed.
Then the things you proposed could be done.
I didn't write the letter however I do not post writers names although they can be found in the souce links provided.

The fact is, everything the writer said happens to be true.

Again more disinformation. A supplement to a policy to include a range of occurances could be included which would include nuclear catastrrophe. Since ins. cos cannot & do not cove nuclear catastrophes, nor does what VY or any npp carry doesn't either.
Solar Bomb

Little Rock, AR

#226 Sep 9, 2010
Thank you pointing out that everything I wrote was true!

That was nice

S. Londonderry VT

#227 Sep 9, 2010
Huh?

If you want to think or feel like you are right, who cares. Yawn.
ilovermont

Little Rock, AR

#228 Nov 2, 2010
I checked and the vote that the senate made was not to shut down yankee but to prevent the PSB from making a decision for the year. That vote will have no meaning next year any way i guess.
Cloe

Townshend, VT

#229 Nov 2, 2010
I Vote Vermont wrote:
I wouldn't live in Vernon if I didn't believe that Vermont Yankee was safe.
We DON'T live in Vernon because we require a higher standard of safety for our kids.
Mike Mulligan

Boston, MA

#230 Nov 2, 2010
It means there has to be a re-vote, the only state in the union where a state senate re-vote is a contingent with plant getting re-licenced...Entergy just might sue Vermont.
Hawkeye

Bennington, VT

#231 Nov 2, 2010
At at debate in Arlington Rep. Browning said the vote in the sentate was to allow the PSB to make the decision to keep open or close plant. She went on to say that the Senate vote did not have anything to do with safety, she repeated that. It had to do with economic factors and the reliability of the plant. Local Government access TV has been running the debate.
Anywhere

New York, NY

#232 Nov 2, 2010
Cloe wrote:
<quoted text>
We DON'T live in Vernon because we require a higher standard of safety for our kids.
So, what state are you moving to? There are about 7 without nuclear power plants. Since you are so concerned for your children's welfare regarding a plant that has caused no deaths -- we couldn't ask you to stay in this state. I would start packing today. Or maybe, because you belongings might be contaminated - I would just leave - run out the door - and go somewhere quickly. Oh my, oh my -- I'm sure you don't let your kids play sports, they might get injured, don't let them drive, they may get in a wreck, of course you probably let them drink and smoke because that's really good for them.
Hawkeye

Bennington, VT

#233 Nov 2, 2010
NSD-The Senate voted to allow the PSB to decide as to whether to keep plant open or close. The house has not voted yet. At a recent debate in Arlington, Rep. Browning (D) said that the Senate vote was only dealing with the economic issue and the reliability of the plant, "not safety", her words. Local government access TV has been running the tape of the debate.

I still say let the voters decide.
HacksAuto

Holyoke, MA

#234 Nov 2, 2010
Hawkeye there is a question waiting for you here :

http://www.topix.com/forum/source/bennington-...

Mike Mulligan

Boston, MA

#235 Nov 2, 2010
For a few extra pennies, VY could have breezed through re-licencing.
estanson

Bellows Falls, VT

#236 Nov 2, 2010
Hawkeye wrote:
NSD-The Senate voted to allow the PSB to decide as to whether to keep plant open or close. The house has not voted yet. At a recent debate in Arlington, Rep. Browning (D) said that the Senate vote was only dealing with the economic issue and the reliability of the plant, "not safety", her words. Local government access TV has been running the tape of the debate.
I still say let the voters decide.
if its not safe, its not reliable...
if its not relaible, its not safe.
just sayin.
I Know More Than You

Peterborough, NH

#237 Nov 2, 2010
Eric the Ignorant Homophobic Bigot wrote:
<quoted text>
if its not safe, its not reliable...
if its not relaible, its not safe.
just sayin.
Increasing capacity factor as the plant gets older along with with two breaker to breaker runs all after the power uprate Arnie Dumberson said would make the plant less reliable. Glad to see you finally admit that VY is safe and reliable. Maybe you'll even come around on "clean" sometime soon.

Maybe you aren't Northstaridiot's dumber half after all.
estanson

Bellows Falls, VT

#238 Nov 2, 2010
I Know More Than You wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you aren't Northstaridiot's dumber half after all.
psst, anyone who reads these boards knows who NSD's dumber half is...
its YOU!
Goerge Bush

Youngsville, NC

#240 Nov 7, 2010
northstardust wrote:
<quoted text>
So, selling VY not newsworthy? I beg to differ.
Corporate level decisions not customarily announced & certainly not to the grunts. Not the first place I've seen the story, source was a business publication so your point rather ridiculous imho.
anything about VY gets you excited. Find a hobby, besides wasting our time with your senseless banter.

S. Londonderry VT

#241 Nov 8, 2010
Goerge Bush wrote:
<quoted text>anything about VY gets you excited. Find a hobby, besides wasting our time with your senseless banter.
Panties in a knot again? No surprises here. I see you have nothing better to do than sit on brains hurling insults @ those who object to the presence of a radioactive nuclear waste leaking dump in our state.

Anything critical of Entergy/VY gets multi-alt trolls such as yourself freaking out every time something happens @ VY & anyone dares to object.

Senseless banter? Look in the mirror plz. Silly attempts to silence opposition don't work. I should think you & the rest of the pronuclear e-thugs flooding these threads would know this by now. I'm honored you would try.

Hey guess what-this is *all* the fault of Entergy, not the residents.

If you don't want to hear about it you do not have to be here. Go hide in the comfort of your echochamber w/the rest of the apologists & candya*s crybabies.

And, you need a better hobby.
Goerge Bush

Youngsville, NC

#243 Nov 8, 2010
northstardust wrote:
<quoted text>
Panties in a knot again? No surprises here. I see you have nothing better to do than sit on brains hurling insults @ those who object to the presence of a radioactive nuclear waste leaking dump in our state.
Anything critical of Entergy/VY gets multi-alt trolls such as yourself freaking out every time something happens @ VY & anyone dares to object.
Senseless banter? Look in the mirror plz. Silly attempts to silence opposition don't work. I should think you & the rest of the pronuclear e-thugs flooding these threads would know this by now. I'm honored you would try.
Hey guess what-this is *all* the fault of Entergy, not the residents.
If you don't want to hear about it you do not have to be here. Go hide in the comfort of your echochamber w/the rest of the apologists & candya*s crybabies.
And, you need a better hobby.
blah blah blah yhe smartest person on here. the rest of us could learn a few things from you. im so sorry i will never doubt your intell again.Gonna do just what u said find a new hobby. thanks for the advice...
Its George

Brattleboro, VT

#244 Nov 8, 2010
Hey "Goerge" -- the name of perhaps our simplest ever minded president, is also very simple to spell. Turn off the TV and pick up a book you moron.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Entergy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
S&WB taps New Orleans capital projects director... (Jan '14) Jan '14 setup 1
Entergy Provides Preliminary Third Quarter Earn... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Fukushima Radiati... 1
Entergy Corp. (ETR) Updates FY13 Earnings Guidance (Oct '13) Oct '13 Fukushima Radiati... 1
Entergy Recognized as Worldwide Leader in Clima... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Fukushima Radiati... 1
Nuclear power plant in Mississippi emits smoke ... (Sep '13) Sep '13 BDV 2
VY still lobbies for new license (Oct '10) Oct '12 Mike Mulligan 134
Troubled Michigan nuclear plant shut down for m... (Apr '12) Apr '12 BDV 1

Entergy People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE