Group wants VY license bid rejected

Group wants VY license bid rejected

There are 2 comments on the Brattleboro Reformer story from Mar 18, 2010, titled Group wants VY license bid rejected. In it, Brattleboro Reformer reports that:

A consumer and environmental group on Thursday called for state regulators to reject the Vermont Yankee nuclear plant's request to operate for 20 years past the expiration of its current license in 2012.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Brattleboro Reformer.

Brattleboro, VT

#1 Mar 19, 2010
Whenever I see a consumer and environmental group I simply do not take any merit in anything they are saying . Hey Bob, how about writing about something different. It has been the same 5 stories reworded everyday for 3 months. Interview an environmental group that actually believes nuclear power provides clean energy. Why is everything so damn one sided in this rag? This is no longer reporting, this is not journalism, this is the ENQUIRER. The sad part is a lot of people believe this garbage just as they do the grocery aisle rag mags. Something factual and informative would be refreshing. Not the same old blah, blah I hate nuclear power crap. As for thinking Entergy officials lied, that is a whole lot of crap. Do some research please. I have lost all respect for this town. I once wrote response that my family was not allowed to shop in Brattleboro anymore and had a reply of "real nice, tell your kids what where to shop". I then see dozens of young kids outside the Latchis theater protesting nuclear power. Are people telling me their kids are protesting on their own because of their knowledge of nuclear energy? They do not even know what an atom is! I have never seen such a large population of hypocrites in my life.
Count Em

Little Rock, AR

#3 Mar 19, 2010
A new group made up of concerned citizens from the Tri-State area is calling for Vermont Senate's accountability. The People for the Ethical Elected Democratic OFFicials (PEED OFF)wants politicians to be honest!

(Just kidding,) I just wanted to start a group with a catchy acronym.

How many anti-groups can the Reformer draft up?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Entergy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News S&WB taps New Orleans capital projects director... (Jan '14) Jan '14 setup 1
News Entergy Provides Preliminary Third Quarter Earn... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Fukushima Radiati... 1
News Entergy Corp. (ETR) Updates FY13 Earnings Guidance (Oct '13) Oct '13 Fukushima Radiati... 1
News Entergy Recognized as Worldwide Leader in Clima... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Fukushima Radiati... 1
News Nuclear power plant in Mississippi emits smoke ... (Sep '13) Sep '13 BDV 2
News VY still lobbies for new license (Oct '10) Oct '12 Mike Mulligan 134
News Troubled Michigan nuclear plant shut down for m... (Apr '12) Apr '12 BDV 1
More from around the web