Gulf Coast land loss could add up to ...

Gulf Coast land loss could add up to $350 billion by 2030

There are 3 comments on the Times-Picayune story from Oct 20, 2010, titled Gulf Coast land loss could add up to $350 billion by 2030. In it, Times-Picayune reports that:

Economic losses along the coasts of Louisiana, Texas, Mississippi and Alabama caused by rising seas, subsidence and hurricane damage could total $350 billion by 2030, if no steps are taken to counteract the effects of subsidence and global warming, according to a new report commissioned by Entergy Corp.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times-Picayune.

Earthling

Spain

#1 Oct 20, 2010
Is cap and trade one of the 'steps' needed to 'counteract' rising sea level, subsidence and hurricanes from happening?
Would reducing emissions 'counteract' rising sea level subsidence and hurricanes?
The answer to both of those questions is a two letter word, beginning with N and ending with O.
LessHypeMoreFact

Orangeville, Canada

#2 Oct 20, 2010
Earthling wrote:
The answer to both of those questions is a two letter word, beginning with N and ending with O.
Pretty much all of your misdirection and strawmen can be answered with No. That is because they are misdirections and strawmen.

Sometimes I wonder if you ever READ these articles. Well, really I always wonder as you never seem to have anything to say that is based on the actual articles.
Earthling

Spain

#3 Oct 21, 2010
Thans for reminding me:Let the haunting continue.
Two links to where LessFact spelt forty correctly in June 2010, but by July, it had mysteriously become an AmericaniZed spelling:
LessFactMoreHype wrote:
Sounds more like Tipper Gore was 'fooling around'. Oh, well. A forty year long marriage is hardly a 'failure'.
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/global-warmin...
LessFactMoreHype wrote:
Forty years and a 'failure'??
Clearly topix has attracted one more dim bulb.
http://www.topix.com/forum/state/co/TVB85LOLE...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Entergy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News S&WB taps New Orleans capital projects director... (Jan '14) Jan '14 setup 1
News Entergy Provides Preliminary Third Quarter Earn... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Fukushima Radiati... 1
News Entergy Corp. (ETR) Updates FY13 Earnings Guidance (Oct '13) Oct '13 Fukushima Radiati... 1
News Entergy Recognized as Worldwide Leader in Clima... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Fukushima Radiati... 1
News Nuclear power plant in Mississippi emits smoke ... (Sep '13) Sep '13 BDV 2
News VY still lobbies for new license (Oct '10) Oct '12 Mike Mulligan 134
News Troubled Michigan nuclear plant shut down for m... (Apr '12) Apr '12 BDV 1
More from around the web