Fears and facts

Fears and facts

There are 51 comments on the Brattleboro Reformer story from Apr 25, 2008, titled Fears and facts. In it, Brattleboro Reformer reports that:

The pro-Vermont Yankee lobby in Montpelier would have us believe that the future of the nuclear power plant in Vernon is being threatened by lawmakers who insist that Entergy make a commitment to being ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Brattleboro Reformer.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
old vet

New Castle, PA

#41 May 6, 2008
Historian wrote:
<quoted text>
*Yawn* I come from a line of old Democrats who helped keep this nation free, and a bunch of the world, in the last World War.
I was a Democrat also. But the "old Democrats" are no longer in charge.
Historian

Westfield, MA

#42 May 6, 2008
Well, lots of swapping places has happened because lots of "old Republicans" I've known well feel like they got abandoned when the PNAC type of madness took over their party.

Anyways, this black and white, us and them stuff is helping nail the coffin for America together. Divide and conquer, a nation this polarized doesn't have a chance when any real stress factors (economic, energy, climate, whatever) truly dig their teeth in.

We were a nation of barn builders, we cooperated with each other. This new attitude of everybody out for themselves is one which is tearing us apart.
Donnie

Akron, OH

#43 May 6, 2008
Historian wrote:
Anyways, this black and white, us and them stuff is helping nail the coffin for America together. Divide and conquer, a nation this polarized doesn't have a chance when any real stress factors (economic, energy, climate, whatever) truly dig their teeth in.
We were a nation of barn builders, we cooperated with each other. This new attitude of everybody out for themselves is one which is tearing us apart.
AS any real historian can tell you, it isn't a new attitude. Check with a historian about the bombing of Wall Street and the various traitors amongst us, such as the Rosenbergs. The left also likes to say that "dissent is the highest form of patriotism"; except when the dissent is against leftist death wishes. Then it becomes a "new attitude of everybody out for themselves". As a former leftist, I have seen your BS from both sides.
joe

Springfield, VT

#44 May 6, 2008
old vet wrote:
<quoted text>I was a Democrat also. But the "old Democrats" are no longer in charge.
1 guy summed it up

" I didn't leave the democrat party, they left me "

The dems are no longer for the working class, they are for big government and people dependant on big government. The more people working for the government and dependant on the government, the bigger their power base. They are buying votes with tax money. Take from one person to buy another persons vote.

The party changed once the low life Kennedy clan got involved nationally.
Historian

Westfield, MA

#45 May 6, 2008
Donnie wrote:
<quoted text>AS any real historian can tell you, it isn't a new attitude. Check with a historian about the bombing of Wall Street and the various traitors amongst us, such as the Rosenbergs. The left also likes to say that "dissent is the highest form of patriotism"; except when the dissent is against leftist death wishes. Then it becomes a "new attitude of everybody out for themselves". As a former leftist, I have seen your BS from both sides.
"Real" historian being one who say what you like?! <g>

Black and white, us vs. them, wishing for a new Civil War thought is pretty well summed up by Donnie there.

Donnie boy, I've been on both sides too. I've served in the military, and was a fire breathing, Limbaugh worshiping, Jesus praising Republican.

I evolved though.

However, being on both sides of the debate doesn't give some kind of veto power in a debate. Sorry.
Donnie

Akron, OH

#46 May 6, 2008
Historian wrote:
I've served in the military, and was a fire breathing, Limbaugh worshiping, Jesus praising Republican.
I've
never been there, although I have always praised Jesus.
I evolved though.
Into what?
old vet

New Castle, PA

#47 May 6, 2008
Historian wrote:
We were a nation of barn builders, we cooperated with each other.
I remember the cooperation outside the 1968 Democrat Convention.
Dr_History

Westfield, MA

#48 May 6, 2008
old vet wrote:
<quoted text>I remember the cooperation outside the 1968 Democrat Convention.
I was thinking back to the founding of our nation actually, but I understand you probably can't think back that far. Gosh, those HIPPIES looked weak, but they RUINED AMERICA! You He-Men didn't stand a chance!
old vet

New Castle, PA

#49 May 7, 2008
Dr_History wrote:
<quoted text>
I was thinking back to the founding of our nation actually, but I understand you probably can't think back that far.
I know what a Tory was, do you? Perhaps you didn't read about the Whiskey Rebellion or the Civil War.
Donnie

Akron, OH

#50 May 7, 2008
old vet wrote:
<quoted text>I know what a Tory was, do you? Perhaps you didn't read about the Whiskey Rebellion or the Civil War.
I think that if you study the Whiskey Rebellion and the Civil War more closely, you will learn that they were barn building contests. Of course, everybody really loved the Tories. They only moved to Canada because they liked the climate.
Dr_History

Westfield, MA

#51 May 8, 2008
Spanked you. But you don't even see it! <g>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Entergy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Weird 29 mins ago 7:16 p.m.Bird droppings blame... (Mar '16) Mar '16 Rubio s Foam Partays 4
News S&WB taps New Orleans capital projects director... (Jan '14) Jan '14 setup 1
News Entergy Provides Preliminary Third Quarter Earn... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Fukushima Radiati... 1
News Entergy Corp. (ETR) Updates FY13 Earnings Guidance (Oct '13) Oct '13 Fukushima Radiati... 1
News Entergy Recognized as Worldwide Leader in Clima... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Fukushima Radiati... 1
News Nuclear power plant in Mississippi emits smoke ... (Sep '13) Sep '13 BDV 2
News VY still lobbies for new license (Oct '10) Oct '12 Mike Mulligan 134
More from around the web