Rebuilding trust at Yankee

Full story: Brattleboro Reformer

Does Entergy really think that reassigning Vermont Yankee site vice president Jay Thayer to another position in the company is enough to restore people's trust? Even Department of Public Service Commissioner David O'Brien on Wednesday called the move "tokenism." Does Entergy really think that Vermonters are buying the remarks of its CEO, J. Wayne ...
Comments
1 - 20 of 22 Comments Last updated Feb 13, 2010
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mature Brat

Lisbon Falls, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2010

Judged:

I think I'm going to move to Wyoming, where there's lots of wind, and carry my Do-it-yourself windmill kit with me.
tritium team says

Woodstock, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2010

Judged:

Full spin ahead!All Hail the benefactors of disaster capitalism!
tritium team says

Woodstock, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2010

Judged:

disaster capitalism
http://www.thenation.com/doc/20050502/klein
and

Woodstock, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2010

Judged:

Jim Douglas is neck deep, wonder where the next "domestic disaster" will be?
http://vtdigger.org/2010/02/06/douglas-appoin...
George

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2010

After the PSB hearing, two weeks back, Entergy's attorney said, "We get it," and told us the CEO was committed to "resolving indescrepancies" in the testimony. To me, this read as "We get it - we will lie more convincingly next time."

Since then, they have looked for a leak, found a fall guy, and increased employment in Vermont by hiring a bunch of lobbyists for short-term work in Montpelier.

What we need most is not to find the tritium leak. We don't need to find anything in the ground in Vernon to stop putting tritium in the ground water. We can do all we need to do in Montpelier by shutting the plant down.

Meanwhile, what Entergy needs to do is not to convince people better. What Entergy needs to do is change their corporate culture into something that respects truth, human life, and the environment. My guess is that is far beyond the abilities of anyone they have in corporate management.
Mike Mulligan

Roslindale, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2010

and wrote:
Jim Douglas is neck deep, wonder where the next "domestic disaster" will be?
http://vtdigger.org/2010/02/06/douglas-appoin...
I think it was a Obama reward for finally doing the right thing over Vermont Yankee?
60 year life

Wolcott, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2010

Truth is only those who were against Yankee in the 70's continue beating this drum. 59 Nuke Plants have had license extensions with an expected total of 90 gaining extensions. The Tritium leak (unfortunaltly) is nothing new to the industry. It will be located and repaired just like it has with the other plants. As the days pass, Vermonters will begin to sort out the hysteria from the truth and the media will begin to report the facts on the back pages of their papers. The trouble is that the truth and facts don't make for big headlines.

But if you are ready for some facts about Nuclear Power in the USA, click on this link. http://www.world-nuclear.org/info/inf41.html
New Clear Waste

Brattleboro, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2010

Rebuilding trust at Vermont Yankee would involve rebuilding Vermont Yankee under new ownership. The old plant is clearly past its time. Once decommissioning begins and Vermonters see how much nuclear energy really costs, they are unlikely to want to repeat the experience with another plant.
domestic disaster in Ct

Woodstock, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2010

Judged:

Kleen Energy Systems exploded on superbowl sunday. A Siemens green energy project that many speculated by some to be the biggest threat to the General Electric / Hitachi / Entergy new generation nuclear project, who's funding would likley have come from the Obama administrations recent billions of dollars subsidy offers.
Of Siemens competitors, GE is the most significant, especialy in the "green" power plant race.
I wonder how well "coordinated" co-chair of the Council of Governors Jim Doulglas thought it was?
Glad it wasn't Vermont Yankee.
hmmmmmmmmmmm

Brattleboro, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2010

So I now get it you are against all types of power generation. This wasnt a nuke plant, it was a gas plant.
yes

Woodstock, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2010

Judged:

precisely, just the sort of plant that would pre-empt the need for "next generation" nuclear, shame really and it's no suprice that necn "brought to you by comcast" was the first there.
Serene

Bethel, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2010

Didn't Bennington do a Hydro plant recently? What could be wrong with Hydro?
Hydro

Woodstock, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2010

Judged:

Is not a money maker and you cannot produce nuclear bomb materials in a hydro plant.
Mike Mulligan

Roslindale, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2010

Dont you get it, Entergy dont care about regaining trust. They get what they want anyways without trust.
Muhammad Entergy

Woodstock, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2010

Judged:

Rope-a-dope!
Mike Mulligan

Roslindale, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2010

I love that term!
Muhammad Entergy

Woodstock, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2010

Judged:

It's the repetition of affirmations that leads to belief. And once that belief becomes a deep conviction, things begin to happen.
Hoopla

Tilton, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2010

Serene wrote:
Didn't Bennington do a Hydro plant recently? What could be wrong with Hydro?
Vermont is in the business of removing and selling dams not building them.
Mike Mulligan

Roslindale, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2010

Muhammad Entergy wrote:
Rope-a-dope!
Remember when Cassius Clay was getting old, hed hang around on the boxing ropes. Hed tire out his opponent by continuously circling the ropes while letting his opponent beat the heck out of him. He mostly protected himself with his arms and hand. We first though we was getting gipped...because he was running away from his opponent. A cowardly negro...running away from the Vietnam war and his opponent. After his opponent got tired, Cassius Clay was rested from walking backwards around the ring...all of a sudden, bam, bam. Hed knock them out with a punch or two.

Sly old fox?
Muhammad Entergy

Woodstock, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2010

Judged:

"I'm not the greatest; I'm the double greatest. Not only do I knock 'em out, I pick the round."

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Entergy Discussions

Search the Entergy Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
S&WB taps New Orleans capital projects director... (Jan '14) Jan '14 setup 1
Entergy Provides Preliminary Third Quarter Earn... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Fukushima Radiation Updat 1
Entergy Corp. (ETR) Updates FY13 Earnings Guidance (Oct '13) Oct '13 Fukushima Radiation Updat 1
Entergy Recognized as Worldwide Leader in Clima... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Fukushima Radiation Updat 1
Nuclear power plant in Mississippi emits smoke ... (Sep '13) Sep '13 BDV 2
VY still lobbies for new license (Oct '10) Oct '12 Mike Mulligan 134
Troubled Michigan nuclear plant shut down for m... (Apr '12) Apr '12 BDV 1
•••
•••