Entergy: Fear should not be PSBa guide

Full story: Brattleboro Reformer

Unsubstantiated claims and arguments submitted to the Vermont Public Service Board by parties opposed to the relicensing of Vermont Yankee nuclear power plant should not stand in the way of the plant's continued operation past 2012.
Comments
41 - 59 of 59 Comments Last updated Aug 19, 2009
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Man Overboard

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2009

Mike Mulligan wrote:
What a dog of a stock you chose...the stock price is down almost 50% from a year ago, down 2.25 percent today.
You cant purchase a bag of potato chips for those dividends.
You better sell your stocks, the price will be cut in half in another year.
Everything is down 50% from a year ago dumarse.
Mike Mulligan

Roslindale, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2009

Yea, but the EXC bubble was about 50% higher than the DJIA, while ETG was about 25% higher.
Man Overboard

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2009

Mike Mulligan wrote:
Yea, but the EXC bubble was about 50% higher than the DJIA, while ETG was about 25% higher.
...and when oil hits $150.00/barrell it will go through the roof again. My point being, your claim that nuclear is not profitable is simply wrong.

Moreover, consider that the price of a nuclear Megawatt is 80% O&M and only 20% fuel related costs. This means that even when the cost of every single fuel source on the planet goes up, the cost of nuclear generation remains relatively flat - i.e. higher gas prices means more profit for nuclear.

Now, show of hands - who thinks Gas will be $2/gallon this time next year????
Man Overboard

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2009

Also, Exelon declared a dividend today. If nuclear is not profitable, than this money must have materialized out of thin air.

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/googl...
Man Overboard

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2009

Correction - July 28
Anemone

Newfane, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2009

mike mulligan wrote:
<quoted text>
You idiot, I have multiple personalities not multiple identities...
Oh sure Mike and I'm Keenan Thompson from Saturday Night Live. Shall we continue this little game of hide and seek?
mike mulligan

Roslindale, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2009

I was trying to give you some background on the nuclear problems in the 1980 and 1990s. Now we got a financial system meltdown, and just plain no demand for electricity. Before $150 barrel of petroleum, we will have budget related operational problems blossoming like pimples on a teenage. They will start slashing their staffs at the nukes, it will damage the organization....then nuclear expenses will skyrocket like Entergy. Petroleum prices loosely tracks electricity prices.

I mean if we had $150 gas, wed have a double header depression...then wed bankrupt every utility.
mike mulligan

Roslindale, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2009

Man Overboard wrote:
Also, Exelon declared a dividend today. If nuclear is not profitable, than this money must have materialized out of thin air.
http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/googl...
Here is the ABCs of investing....the dividend is not high enough to support its stock price.
mike mulligan

Roslindale, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2009

Anemone wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh sure Mike and I'm Keenan Thompson from Saturday Night Live. Shall we continue this little game of hide and seek?
http://www.hulu.com/watch/66313/saturday-nigh...
Anemone

Newfane, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2009

mike mulligan wrote:
I was trying to give you some background on the nuclear problems in the 1980 and 1990s. Now we got a financial system meltdown, and just plain no demand for electricity. Before $150 barrel of petroleum, we will have budget related operational problems blossoming like pimples on a teenage. They will start slashing their staffs at the nukes, it will damage the organization....then nuclear expenses will skyrocket like Entergy. Petroleum prices loosely tracks electricity prices.
I mean if we had $150 gas, wed have a double header depression...then wed bankrupt every utility.
Very strange.....my light switch is in the upward position this very second as we speak! I must have a haunting going on or something.
Man Overboard

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2009

mike mulligan wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is the ABCs of investing....the dividend is not high enough to support its stock price.
You talk about the ABCs of investing and then you claim a Yield of 4.27% can't sustain a stock price? Again, continued debate lends to your discredit.
Man Overboard

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2009

By the way - it is electricity that tracks petroleum and not the other way around.
mike mulligan

Roslindale, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2009

ABCs again, that is what happens when a stock price craters, what happened when they cut their dividend to conserve cash. They did boost their dividend to support the low stock price after the crash. What a joke they had to boost their dividend 16% in order support their floundering stock price. I wonder how much stock they had to buyback, where they could have use that to reduce electric rates.
mike mulligan

Roslindale, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2009

Holy crap, the other company talked about in the NPR article is Freudenberg-NOK...it is German. If you are non American, you get almost free electricity in America?

Freudenberg-NOK is the Americas joint venture partnership between Freudenberg & Co. in Germany and NOK Corp. in Japan. Freudenberg-NOK, the leading producer of advanced sealing and vibration control products, has reached a significant milestone as the company celebrates its 20th anniversary.
Anemone

Newfane, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2009

Does anyone else think that Mike Mulligan is Dr. Doofenschmirtz from the Disney Channel's, "Phinas and Ferb"?
mike mulligan

Roslindale, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2009

You know how I know when you are losing, is when you start calling me names. You just cant compete with me intellectually. Calling me names is easy.
Anemone

Newfane, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2009

It was meant as a compliment.
mike mulligan

Roslindale, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2009

Don't you think I knew that.
Mike Mulligan

Roslindale, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2009

Mike Mulligan wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, I will frame the issue by posing a question?
Have we entered a unprecedented and historic period of electric grid and home electric price and cost deflation...I am talk a huge utility deflation? As a national policy, should we artificially support the price of electricity through our governmental and private regulators? To much debt and no demand to waht we are choaking on??
You remember the 1930 depression...where we were pouring good milk in ditches in a effort to support the price of milk. Should we pour electricity in ditches today in order to support the price of electricity?
Mike
There it is.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Entergy Discussions

Search the Entergy Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
S&WB taps New Orleans capital projects director... (Jan '14) Jan '14 setup 1
Entergy Provides Preliminary Third Quarter Earn... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Fukushima Radiation Updat 1
Entergy Corp. (ETR) Updates FY13 Earnings Guidance (Oct '13) Oct '13 Fukushima Radiation Updat 1
Entergy Recognized as Worldwide Leader in Clima... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Fukushima Radiation Updat 1
Nuclear power plant in Mississippi emits smoke ... (Sep '13) Sep '13 BDV 2
VY still lobbies for new license (Oct '10) Oct '12 Mike Mulligan 134
Troubled Michigan nuclear plant shut down for m... (Apr '12) Apr '12 BDV 1
•••
•••