Four fired from KC radio station clai...

Four fired from KC radio station claim age discrimination

There are 2 comments on the KMOV-TV Saint Louis story from Feb 29, 2008, titled Four fired from KC radio station claim age discrimination. In it, KMOV-TV Saint Louis reports that:

Four former deejays have filed age-discrimination complaints naming Kansas City radio station KYYS-FM. The four alleged Thursday that station owner Entercom Communications fired them last month because of their ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KMOV-TV Saint Louis.

“Today is a gift..have fun!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#1 Apr 22, 2008
I have been a faithful listener of KYYS for many years and am APPAULED at the recent decision to let these four BRILLIANT dj's go!! The classic-rock format is EXACTLY the same, so they cannot claim that the "old format" needed a change. This reeks of age discrimination! Max Floyd is in the rock-n-roll hall of fame per pete's sake! What a FOOLISH choice to kick him out..Tanna Guthrie is the BEST female dj KC has ever had the pleasure of listening to. They are both extremely loyal to their listeners and were always delighting us with their eccentric conversation topics. So it was not just the music we loved listening to, it was the AWESOME morning shows! I could go on and on about these two, and will back them up as often as I am allowed.

MAX AND TANNA WE LOVE AND MISS YOU GRATELY!!!

“Today is a gift..have fun!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#2 Apr 22, 2008
Max and Tanna..if you need me for any reason, please feel free to contact me at [email protected]

For anyone else reading this, please do not use their names in an email to me..I have corresponded with them both in the past and will know if the emails are legitimately from them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Entercom Communications Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Brother Wease still off-the-air, no deal with E... (Jan '08) Aug '09 slammer 978
News Brother Wease still off-the-air, no deal with E... (Jun '08) Nov '08 concerned in Roc 8
News Brother Wease still off-the-air, no deal with E... (Feb '08) Nov '08 Rachel 17
News Kane-O returning to WCMF? (Feb '08) Nov '08 Rachel 22
News Job cuts hit WRKO, WAAF (Oct '08) Oct '08 carol 4
News 950 AM Rochester To Ditch Air America in favor ... (Sep '08) Oct '08 Jean 19
News Fired KY disc jockeys file discrimination compl... (Apr '08) Apr '08 DeppHeadKC 2
More from around the web