Summary Box: Express Scripts moves pa...

Summary Box: Express Scripts moves past Walgreen

There are 6 comments on the CBS News story from Feb 23, 2012, titled Summary Box: Express Scripts moves past Walgreen. In it, CBS News reports that:

MOVING ON: Pharmacy benefits manager Express Scripts Inc. said Thursday it is doing fine after breaking up with pharmacy operator Walgreen Co., but it won't rule out future deals with the largest U.S. drugstore chain.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS News.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#1 Feb 25, 2012
It would be GREAT if they would consider & start talking before 'restructuring' occurs.

Since: Aug 08

Hodgenville, KY

#2 Feb 25, 2012
it would be great if people got their meds on time been waiting since the 8 of feb still no tgot them must be coming turtle express they even lied to my ins company not a good company

New York, NY

#3 Mar 1, 2012
Walgreens wil soon be like all the other chains- cold with bad attitudes. Im going the independent route from now on. And im dumping al my Walgreens stock asap. Im not going to stay with the sinking ship.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#4 Mar 4, 2012
I think you may be making a wrong move, although you need to do what's best for you. Walgreens wasn't going to go out of business due to the 'selfish' & absurd contract Express Scripts wanted them to accept. Take a moment & go look at what the CEO of each company's makes you'll see what I'm talking about. ;) You know at one time... When you had XYZ insurance you had them take care of everything nowadays that's NOT how it works. If you have XYZ insurance that's Health very rarely do they take care of your pharmacy benefits. Most of the time they contract that benefit out like to Express Scripts & let me tell you that they along with other pharmacy benefit managers are making a lot of plans, most of them go mail order after 2-3 retail pharmacy fills.
I personally believe Walgreens is going in a NEW direction. I'm excited to see new exciting things happening at Walgreens in the future... Oh & I'd be concerned about other pharmacies as their contract with Express Scripts hasn't come up for renewal... Let's see what happens to them.
Pharmer wrote:
Walgreens wil soon be like all the other chains- cold with bad attitudes. Im going the independent route from now on. And im dumping al my Walgreens stock asap. Im not going to stay with the sinking ship.

Dallas, TX

#5 Mar 4, 2012
Yea they're doing alright for now. They won't bully CVS or Walmart either when their contracts come up. Yea ESI is doing fine.....for now.

As far as "before restructuring" comment....the restructuring was in the works well before we lost ESI. All the loss of ESI did was make things happen faster and helped cut RX in addition.
walgreens greed

Toms River, NJ

#6 Jun 27, 2012
Walgreens is demoting (cutting their pay in half) or laying off 90% of their assitant managers, quality people who work hard to create a bettr walgreens. as a customer i already see how it affects customer servic. Walgeens is not that family company it used to be its greed is their downfall, they never have emplopyees on the floor always cutting hours no customer service and the shelves are always empty, never have the products they advertise, i already i had so many bad experiences i decided to never go there again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Express Scripts Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Walgreens CEO Pessina Signals He's Looking for ... Jul '15 Mostdefinitely 6
Safe and Affordable Drugs - Brand (Mar '15) Apr '15 Faceless 2
Bottles size - too big (Dec '14) Dec '14 ShadowMan 1
News Fight over $1,100 hepatitis C pills awaits next... (Dec '14) Dec '14 reneir880 1
express scirpts (Jan '09) Dec '14 Karen Danbury Ct 696
evil company (Aug '14) Dec '14 Steve 2
Express Scripts Controlled Substance (Dec '13) Aug '14 Marcella 2
More from around the web