express scirpts
Dan VP Deligate

Philadelphia, PA

#165 Aug 1, 2010
What about the techs wrote:
Now what do the techs do? Dan wrote, as the BSP Pharmacist (Really? Since when? What else has he lied about?)
I was trying to put "To ALL BSP Pharmacist" on that line, and it did not have enough space to write it. I forgot to change the line with my tag before posting. If I was trying to pull something would I have added my info at the end of the posting.
You are pathetic. That's all you got out of the post?

The Arbitration was filed before the decisional Bargaining started, and That has NO bearing on what we are going through now. Pharmacist & NON Pharmacist are still, and will remain UNITED AS ONE.

REMEMBER,
UNITED WE STAND... DIVIDED WE FALL...
STRONGER TOGETHER....

Sincerely,

Dan Haney, Vice President
SEIU Health Care PA, Express Scripts Chapter
Just a Bystander

AOL

#166 Aug 1, 2010
What about the techs wrote:
Now what do the techs do? Dan wrote, as the BSP Pharmacist (Really? Since when? What else has he lied about?), that the company just bought the next pharmacist vote, after the management favo-rats told the bosses that the last vote was a loser. Now that the money hungry, bottom feeders have temporarily gotten back enough money to cover the cost of all the other cuts the company wants, they will forget about the techs and their concerns - and so will the RPH stewards. The pharmacists are probably spending the weekend pissing all over themselves like a litter of excited puppies. Big deal! So the company could not hire enough pharmacists yet to cover the workload - for now! This move was only to scare the techs more about job security, and if anyone can scare them into taking anything offered, it will be the stewards. Watch and listen! Everyone has a price at which he or she can be bought - by money, power, or fear. What is your price?
Comment on: "Dan wrote, as the BSP Pharmacist (Really? Since when? What else has he lied about?"........Seems to me from reading all of these posts, that Dan VP may actually be responsible for posting quite a few of these comments but he is using different names. Many of them have the same style of writing. If I was involved with this union, then I, too, would be concerned about someone who is a poser and representing you.
Is It Over

Bensalem, PA

#167 Aug 1, 2010
Now Marshall Lane has a sign at the employee entrance that says "NO WEAPONS PERMITTED", and signs outside the building that say "24 HOUR SURVELLIANCE, PARKING BY PERMIT ONLY, and NO SOLICITING". Why all of a sudden now did they put these signs up this weekend after all these years? Is this another indicator that they will eventually close?
Dan VP Deligate

Philadelphia, PA

#168 Aug 2, 2010
Just a Bystander wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems to me from reading all of these posts, that Dan VP may actually be responsible for posting quite a few of these comments but he is using different names. Many of them have the same style of writing.
LOL, that's the best one yet...
Yea, keep thinking that. I have better things to do, like fight to keep the jobs here. Oh BTW, you're welcome.

REMEMBER,
STRONGER TOGETHER....

Sincerely,

Just a Bystander

AOL

#169 Aug 2, 2010
Dan VP Deligate wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, that's the best one yet...
Yea, keep thinking that. I have better things to do, like fight to keep the jobs here. Oh BTW, you're welcome.
REMEMBER,
STRONGER TOGETHER....
Sincerely,
Not sure why you are saying you're welcome......I haven't thanked you for anything and you haven't done anything for me.
I still stand by observation......especially for all of the posts that come from BSP Pharmacist. My guess is that you started your latest post as BSP Pharmacist......then forgot and signed your name. Your argument about not having enough room to write "To ALL BSP Pharmacists" does not hold water. There are other usernames with just as many characters or more.....such as "Former ESI Union Employee".....that seemed to work for that individual.
Time for new rph stewards

Philadelphia, PA

#170 Aug 5, 2010
It seems like the rph stewards get nothing positive for the employees unless there is something in it for them. Why did the stewards only bring us back cuts and freezes to take. Why is only one tech steward the only one speaking out loud. The rph stewards are probably afraid and hiding like they always do but quietly took their money. Where were the rph stewards when about 2 dozen full and parttime pharmacists over the age of about 55 in both buildings got fired during the last 2 years with zero at home pharmacists fired. Where was the union support. Where was the support of the other techs and pharmacists. Where were all the know it all people we know who are afraid to say much in the open but they like walking around and talking and eating all day and having their picture taken. Where was the united we stand and divided we fall that all the employees are supposed to have together. What a joke. Now the pharmacists are temporarily given back not won back more hours a week to mostly waste time like a lot of them do and get paid a lot for it. The stewards did nothing and what will the company want to take next and what kind of a deal did the stewards make. Maybe they should give some of that money to the techs who really do the work except for the management relatives and friends and suckups who walk around and talk and eat all day and dont do much work. Whatever person who wrote the employees were like plankton was insulting to real plankton. I looked up plankton. They may be weak but at least they float around together.
bsp worker

Denver, CO

#171 Aug 5, 2010
wow a lot of tension in here
True RPH Pharmacists

Philadelphia, PA

#172 Aug 5, 2010
Time for new rph stewards wrote:
It seems like the rph stewards get nothing positive for the employees unless there is something in it for them. Why did the stewards only bring us back cuts and freezes to take. Why is only one tech steward the only one speaking out loud. The rph stewards are probably afraid and hiding like they always do but quietly took their money. Where were the rph stewards when about 2 dozen full and parttime pharmacists over the age of about 55 in both buildings got fired during the last 2 years with zero at home pharmacists fired. Where was the union support. Where was the support of the other techs and pharmacists. Where were all the know it all people we know who are afraid to say much in the open but they like walking around and talking and eating all day and having their picture taken. Where was the united we stand and divided we fall that all the employees are supposed to have together. What a joke. Now the pharmacists are temporarily given back not won back more hours a week to mostly waste time like a lot of them do and get paid a lot for it. The stewards did nothing and what will the company want to take next and what kind of a deal did the stewards make. Maybe they should give some of that money to the techs who really do the work except for the management relatives and friends and suckups who walk around and talk and eat all day and dont do much work. Whatever person who wrote the employees were like plankton was insulting to real plankton. I looked up plankton. They may be weak but at least they float around together.
Are you ready to step into the roll instead of complaining about the RPH stewards? Why not offer to help or become one yourself? If you know of payola first hand you should make a complaint to the National Labor Relations Board. That is what you are implying by saying "The rph stewards are probably afraid and hiding like they always do but quietly took their money."
I don't have a problem with what they are doing for us.

When did any Rph over 55 or any get fired 2 years ago? what are you smoking? Or better yet, who in management is putting you up to writing this? Or are you are management trying to divide members? Keep in mind the union members are the ones that have the final say on any contracts by voting for or against it. We voted 95% not to take the last insult, and the union laid out what ESI offered, and what we would be willing to offer extremely well.
Did you forget we are getting our 40hrs back thanks to the union going to arbitration? We may also get back pay. Now tell me again what has this NEW Union NOT done for us again.
The company can only take what we let them. and 95% said NO... There is your being United.
In closing, as I said before Dan, I don't know how you and the other stewards put up with this thanklessness, or why you would be willing to. Please know that I am extremely thankful for all of you. There are many more at Street rd Techs & Pharmacists who feel the same way I do.
The little people

Willingboro, NJ

#173 Aug 5, 2010
To all those that agree Dan is an idiot is an understatement. Dan the VP is probably thw most smartest idiot of all time. Look people he is the one that is has VP at the end of his title. Oh and Dan don't even bother responding to this. We know where you stand... You are the modern day Robin Hood, trying to steal from the company to line your own pockets. I wouldn't be surprised if the VP is double dipping from not only the company by earning a paycheck but getting some type of kick back from the union. This is a true leader that posts not only his own comments but has to continue his own comments by creating posts as an RPH. We have to listen to him on the phones with terrible customer service and prance around in that ugly purpler shirt. Yes it is an eye sore to look at but tell me when have you ever stood behind ESi and wear one of our shirts? Uh, never.. it goes to show you wear his loyalties lie. As he always states Divided we stand blah blah blah but look has gets something in the end when we all fall including the poor non-union people who have no say in anything. They are the true warriors in this, they sit and play a waiting game wondering everyday if they are going to have a job to go to the next day. Good job Dan trying to displace over 1000 employees making somewhat decent money that puts food on the table and you are taking that away from them. If the building closes people Dan will still get a paycheck but what about everyone else. Maybe Walmart is hiring for a few good greeters! Thanks Dan, you keep rocking that purple shirt! Maybe we should all bow to you oh mighty one. Like I stated earlier don't even respond and if you do why don't you respond as an RPH!
ben employ

Moorestown, NJ

#174 Aug 5, 2010
bsp worker wrote:
wow a lot of tension in here
It is unnerving and more than a bit uncomfortable!
Time for new rph stewards

Philadelphia, PA

#175 Aug 5, 2010
"For those who have not hear yet, ESI has agreed to all Street Rd & Marshall Ln Pharmacist being put back to 40 hrs, at the shifts you had prior to being reduced to 32. We had an arbitration hearing scheduled on Wed. 7/28, and on Tues night while we were voting on the company's July 1 so called proposal our organizer rec'd an email stating they wanted to restore every one As Soon as possible. "DUE TO BUSINESS NEEDS"
What a coincident, 16 hrs before the hearing, they send this email..PLEASEEEEEEEEEEE."
Dan admitted he wrote this, according to him titled in error, as the BSP Pharmacist on August 1 Comment #162. For the last time, for you, and all the other True RPH Pharmacists in the nosebleed section, the stewards did not win anything at arbitration, because the arbitration never happened. In addition, you must be really new or really out of touch with the reality of what goes on at Bensalem ESI. Ask any of the other actual pharmacists who were actually there when the first group of about 14 part-time, all male, over 55 years old, actual pharmacists were actually fired the same afternoon and were actually forced to leave the building immediately. No wonder you have no problem with the stewards. By the way, does a "True RPH Pharmacists", count as one or more? Do you check prescriptions as well as you check facts?
Dan VP Delegate

Philadelphia, PA

#176 Aug 7, 2010
Yes, there was an arbitration hearing the next day, I was there as were Harry, Bill, Lydia, and Rodrick. Both side presented their case, and Final briefs must be in within 30 days, for the arbitrator to determine if what ESI did by putting the pharmacists to 32 hrs violated the contract, and if it did, what damages should be awarded, if any. The arbitrator has 90 days to make his ruling after receiving the final briefs.

REMEMBER,
STRONGER TOGETHER....

Sincerely,

Bensalem MRT Tech

Philadelphia, PA

#177 Aug 7, 2010
The little people wrote:
To all those that agree Dan is an idiot is an understatement. Dan the VP is probably thw most smartest idiot of all time. Look people he is the one that is has VP at the end of his title. Oh and Dan don't even bother responding to this. We know where you stand... You are the modern day Robin Hood, trying to steal from the company to line your own pockets. I wouldn't be surprised if the VP is double dipping from not only the company by earning a paycheck but getting some type of kick back from the union. This is a true leader that posts not only his own comments but has to continue his own comments by creating posts as an RPH. We have to listen to him on the phones with terrible customer service and prance around in that ugly purpler shirt. Yes it is an eye sore to look at but tell me when have you ever stood behind ESi and wear one of our shirts? Uh, never.. it goes to show you wear his loyalties lie. As he always states Divided we stand blah blah blah but look has gets something in the end when we all fall including the poor non-union people who have no say in anything. They are the true warriors in this, they sit and play a waiting game wondering everyday if they are going to have a job to go to the next day. Good job Dan trying to displace over 1000 employees making somewhat decent money that puts food on the table and you are taking that away from them. If the building closes people Dan will still get a paycheck but what about everyone else. Maybe Walmart is hiring for a few good greeters! Thanks Dan, you keep rocking that purple shirt! Maybe we should all bow to you oh mighty one. Like I stated earlier don't even respond and if you do why don't you respond as an RPH!
So since you do not want Dan to reply i thought I would take it upon myself to reply. 1st, Dan's Passion to keep this place open should never be questioned. I see him everyday, and talk to him about this all the time, and he is soooo committed to this. I wish the rest of us (including myself) had 1/2 the commitment he does. 2nd I hear him on the phones with the PCA and members that call in, and he is one of the best if not the best IBC has in his commitment to them as well. Our supervisor has forward many emails from other locations to us regarding his customer service accomplishment & going above and beyond. Purple shirt OK you can have that one. Not because it has union on it, I just don't like purple. Dan knows why, and I'm sure with that statement he will now know who this is. If ESI did close down, I would not fault him if he did get a job with the Union. After all you will be looking for a new job as well if ESI is permitted to STEALS our jobs. The difference is Dan would have earned that spot with what he has done to help us so far. Do you know he was a Union rep for UFCW many years ago? So that shows he has passion for this type of work, and helping the workers. When our dept. came into the Union there was no stewards at all for any Non pharmacists, and he stepped up to the plate. No he and the Union are not the problem here, people like you, and Greedy bosses such as Express Scripts, and George Paz. Stating he is "the modern day Robin Hood, trying to steal from the company to line your own pockets". ESI who continues to make record profits, is trying to steal from ALL of us to line their pockets. You have my support Dan, Pam, Raymond, and Nicole, and many others feel the same. Thanks to all who have helped if this fight.
Patient

Sherwood, OR

#178 Aug 15, 2010
After reading all 173 posts, I don't understand how and why the state and federal licensing boards aren't involved? How does ESI get away w/ committing malpractice like this? I would find a way to disclose this information to the companies who contract with them. Also, what about involving the patients? I believe there is a powerful alliance that is being overlooked. Afterall, do I not have the right to a relationship with my dispensing pharmacist? What if my doctor changes my prescriptions between orders? Shouldn't ESI be able to deal with these issues as my "pharmacist"?
ESI Employee

Philadelphia, PA

#179 Aug 17, 2010
We have had some of those same concerns. It would be nice to have patients getting involved, and contact regulatory authorities, and attorney generals in all 50 states to look into ESI practices. This is a horrible company to work for, and to do business with. All they care about is profits. Due to Code of Conduct, & confidentiality the employees are not permitted to talk to these groups under threat of being fired.
XYZ

Saint Louis, MO

#180 Aug 17, 2010
Do you folks really believe everything you read? Especially by anonymous posters?
ESI Employee

Philadelphia, PA

#181 Aug 18, 2010
XYZ wrote:
Do you folks really believe everything you read? Especially by anonymous posters?
Most of what I read I do, because I work for this crappy company and see just what they do to workers, and how they have employees lie to members & clients.
ESI made 31% more in the 2nd quarter of this year than last year at this time. They are also on pace to make close to 1 billion dollars in profits this year.
Hey XYZ, you're anonymous, bet you are one of the corporate rats (ROB N.) that lines their pockets from the hard work we all do.
Rph

Feasterville Trevose, PA

#182 Aug 19, 2010
If people are so bitter then maybe should consider quitting and finding another job. Pls don't sit here and rave and rant. If you are so unhappy with the company, leaving would be the wisest decision. Why go into work with all this anger? Because you need to put food on the table? Right. So do all of us.
Is the company being a big bully? Undoubtedly. Why? Because they CAN. It's all about supply and demand. Looking at economic factors and our competitors, the company is trying to accurately gauge how much they can pay their employees to match fair market value. Even if we were to go on company benefits and a freeze, we are still making out in the positive. Would one rather have a job with stinky benefits, or no job at all?
Looking at the other factor, Is the union successfully helping us negotiate with the company? A big fat NO. Standing in front of ESI headquarters with big fat signs of protest isn't going to accomplish anything. Filing multiple grievances over every silly little minor issue such as 'I didn't get a cherry on my cake' or 'it's not fair i didn't get tuesday off and he or she did' isn't going to let others look at our site in a positive light.
There is no such thing as united we stand, because we are not united. The union has its own agenda while the company has its own. We are merely stuck in the middle and some, if not all, are fueling the fire even further.
We were spoiled to think that we are entitled to free health care. Which other jobs provide free health care and no deductible? Not many. The reality is, we are lucky to still have a job in this day and age in this saturated location and receiving health benefits. I would be thankful to have what we have right now and hope to be able to work for this company as long as I can. Afterall, I NEED a paycheck to support my family. Who doesn't?
For all those who are unaware, go to www.biggovernment.com . there is an article regarding the union's former president who retired and left the union in millions of dollars of debt. They need help themselves, let alone help us? Think about it, guys.
No matter what I say, people aren't going to change. Essentially I am wasting my breath. Nevertheless, thanks for reading this, whether you agree or not.
FYI the poster above me, I would be careful with naming people's names on the post. There are such things as libel and slander lawsuits.
ESI Employee

Philadelphia, PA

#183 Aug 20, 2010
Yea, Ok 19,15,2... Spoken like the TRUE Corporate Brown Nose you are. That site you are taking about is run and funded by Tea Party in mean Republicans Oh same thing, and big business.
As for company health care issue, workers in the mail-room making $8.00 cannot afford the health care ESI wants us to have. I can't afford it, and I make $13.00, and more than a hand full of Rphs making top dollars stated they can't afford the coverage as well. In bargaining the questions was asked to ESI representatives, how many of you have the company health care? Out of the 12 sitting there only 2 said they had it. When we asked why the others did not have ESI coverage, they refused to answer. WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU? IT SUCKS !!!!
We told STL that we are willing to pay something into the health care we have now to keep the high standard of benefits we currently have now.
Rph

Feasterville Trevose, PA

#184 Aug 20, 2010
Thanks for your reply. We are all entitled to our own opinions, and no amount of positive or negative exchange of words will affect the outcome. I am sorry that you feel that I am a brown noser. I am merely stating the truth. Let me clarify something. I never said the company's benefits are to-die-for. I have friends employed in other job settings who are not part of a union and pay less per month and have lower deductibles.

However, this is not the point in question. The company is asking us to reduce loaded wages by going on company benefits. It's not a question of whether we want to or not. We have attempted to throw in alternate options, which were rejected by the company. Then what? Have you heard what the union proposed initially? Drop our pensions and we are asking for a 10 year job security from the company. Who in the right mind would agree to this? If you were the boss, would you balk at this offer and laugh? I certainly would if I owned a business. If I had multiple sites and one is significantly costing me more, why would I want to keep the most expensive site? Ask yourself this: If you were to make a purchase on an item and 2 stores have it, it only makes sense to go for the less expensive one, correct? I doubt you will purchase from the more expensive vendor assuming the item is in the same condition.

Speaking for Rph's, there is no reason why one 'CAN'T Afford' the health care. You have said, the Rph's are the ones making the top dollars. The more appropriate phrase would be "Don't Want to Afford". Most of our other sites have the company benefits. How do others 'afford' it while our site can't? I believe our site has been conditioned with great benefits, we are truly missing the reality of modern day healthcare.

I totally understand the deductibles are high for a technician. My solution to that would be, you are at liberty to search for another job outside of this company with better benefits. It is much easier for a technician to find alternate employment rather than an Rph. There were several supervisors who voluntarily terminated their positions to be employed elsewhere. You are certainly at liberty to start hunting and searching if you are truly unhappy and bitter with the company's standards. It would make you feel accomplished and hopefully, much more happier.

One final note, if the company closes our site, we all will sink. There is no point to keep on fighting this useless war of so-called 'injustice'. 2 terms that are very important are: Reality and Acceptance.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Express Scripts Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Walgreens CEO Pessina Signals He's Looking for ... Jul '15 Mostdefinitely 6
Safe and Affordable Drugs - Brand Apr '15 Faceless 2
Bottles size - too big (Dec '14) Dec '14 ShadowMan 1
News Fight over $1,100 hepatitis C pills awaits next... (Dec '14) Dec '14 reneir880 1
evil company (Aug '14) Dec '14 Steve 2
Express Scripts Controlled Substance (Dec '13) Aug '14 Marcella 2
News Walgreens Drug Store to Leave TRICARE Pharmacy ... (Aug '11) Jun '14 Blood Pressure Mo... 3
More from around the web