express scirpts
Frustrated

Montgomery, AL

#144 Jul 27, 2010
I agree. These A holes have nothing to do with Express. I don't know how they can call themselves that. I have been fighting with them for 26 days now to try to get my order. Noboby there gives a rip about the consumer, its all about the bottom line period. I hope the @#!^ burn in hell.
anonymous wrote:
express scripts should not be suing anyone, it does not care about its customers and does anything to save money dealing with peoples medicines, this company is just about making money and nothing else, look at their lawsuits and complaints by customers, the federal government should put them out of business
Dan VP Deligate

Philadelphia, PA

#145 Jul 28, 2010
Morning Union Brothers & Sisters,

After 2 days of very well attended union meetings with Marshall LN & Street Rd Members (In Bensalem PA), we are proud to announce that by a vote of 95.3 %, the company offer of July 1st was REJECTED.
This sends a Strong message to ESI that WE ARE ALL UNITED in not lowering our Work Standards, and going into a HEALTH CARE that is not only unaffordable to MOST members, but the coverage,(or lack there of) is unacceptable as well.

We were happy that so many members took the time from their busy schedules to attend the meetings to hear first hand what WE have proposed & what ESI proposed, to make a fully informed decision.
We will have more bargaining dates in the future, and will post them when they become available.

REMEMBER,
UNITED WE STAND... DIVIDED WE FALL...
STRONGER TOGETHER....

Sincerely,

Dan Haney, Vice President
SEIU Health Care PA, Express Scripts Chapter
ben employ

Mount Laurel, NJ

#146 Jul 28, 2010
Thank you for the update Dan. I will check the boards at work and the union hotline for future dates.

95.3% we are truly united!
Dan VP Deligate

Philadelphia, PA

#147 Jul 28, 2010
ben employ wrote:
Thank you for the update Dan. I will check the boards at work and the union hotline for future dates.
95.3% we are truly united!
You're Welcome..
Bensalem Employee

Toronto, Canada

#149 Jul 29, 2010
Dan VP Deligate wrote:
<quoted text>
You're Welcome..
Dan, Your an idiot. I'm glad your proud to announce and your happy that that there has been no contract extension. Your a retard. I hope your happy that YOUR stong union is going to in the end close a facility that provides jobs for 900 people. Your "stronger together" union can all be strong while your standing by the mailbox waiting for your unemployment check.

I have no a clear picture of the union that cares about its members

Idiot
Dan VP Deligate

Philadelphia, PA

#150 Jul 29, 2010
Bensalem Employee wrote:
<quoted text>
Dan, Your an idiot. I'm glad your proud to announce and your happy that that there has been no contract extension. Your a retard. I hope your happy that YOUR stong union is going to in the end close a facility that provides jobs for 900 people. Your "stronger together" union can all be strong while your standing by the mailbox waiting for your unemployment check.
I have no a clear picture of the union that cares about its members
Idiot
I am Glad and proud, and all the thanx that I/We have rec'd in emails and face to face tell me so are the workers.
Remember 95.3% REJECTED the offer.

It's ESI GREED that will take away 900 jobs NOT the Union.
We gave them between 4 -5 Million in savings, and THEY Rejected it. This is a company that's 2nd quarter profits are up 31 % over the same time last year.$299 million profit for 2nd quarter.
The workers at Street Rd and Marshall Ln have no "CLEAR PICTURE" that ESI cares about it's Workers (across the enterprise), Clients, and most of all the Patients.
So much for "MY WORK MATTERS" Moto.

Yea, I'm sure we/I will be responsible.
BTW, if they do close, My check would be direct deposited.
Forced Out

Plymouth, MN

#151 Jul 30, 2010
I worked for ESI at the Horsham call center. We had some of the most experienced people in the company servicing patients. Unfortunately, we were also (according to ESI) overpaid. ESI built two mega-call centers in areas that had a lower cost of living, and shut us down. I feel Bensalem's pain. Rake 'em over the coals on your way out guys! Draw blood from this corporate monster.
Former ESI union employee

United States

#152 Jul 30, 2010
So, I agree with the person who called Dan an Idiot and think that this "fight" is going to cause 1100 employees to be without a job. I am an ESI employee and have been for almost 12 years now. I was in the union for 5 of them and miserable the whole time. It didn't help then and doesn't help now. Do you remember when all the union members were robbed of the money that went to the benefits or when the money that was supposed to go to the pension fund disappeared? No, you weren't in the union and have no idea what you are talking about. I left because the union did not for me when i was a member so I left. Best decision I made! Does the situation in ABQ ring a bell? They closed because of the outrageous union demands. The company has every right to limit the amount they pay employees. They also have the right to request employees to pay for a portion of their benefits. Look around, most companies do. I know because I now have to look for another job. Thank you.... thank you for now not only forcing me but 1099 other employees to now look for employment. Do you know how hard it is going to be to find a job when there are 1099 other employees out there with similar job skills in the same area? No, you won't because the union has promised you a job. So you don't have to worry about signing up for unemployment and you don't have to worry about working more than one job because you're set. You were promised a job with the union since day one. So this struggle that you are facing with everyone else is a sham. You have nothing to worry about. As for the employees, you are now causing 1100 people to now look for a job where the pay will be even lesser than they are now and lesser than what you are "fighting" for. There is no job in the area looking for DE techs with a starting salary of $15-$17 per hour. We will now have to work 2 jobs to make up for the loss wages. So long OT, and holiday pay. We will now have to work all holidays and weekends. So long bonuses. I hope you are happy. I hope you are happy with the fact that this unnecessary mess that you have now caused will put even more added stress onto people who already have it and don't need it. You're an ass. I can't believe you still have a job at ESI. We all know where you're loyalty is. It's not for the employees. How is all this fighting helping the employees? It's going to get us no where but the unemployment line. Thank you. And as for the benefits, they don't suck. They are very good for the coverage we get. And by the way... stop wearing that stupid purple shirt. We're getting sick of seeing it.
BSP Pharmacist

Philadelphia, PA

#153 Jul 30, 2010
Former ESI union employee wrote:
So, I agree with the person who called Dan an Idiot and think that this "fight" is going to cause 1100 employees to be without a job. I am an ESI employee and have been for almost 12 years now. I was in the union for 5 of them and miserable the whole time. It didn't help then and doesn't help now. Do you remember when all the union members were robbed of the money that went to the benefits or when the money that was supposed to go to the pension fund disappeared? No, you weren't in the union and have no idea what you are talking about. I left because the union did not for me when i was a member so I left. Best decision I made! Does the situation in ABQ ring a bell? They closed because of the outrageous union demands. The company has every right to limit the amount they pay employees. They also have the right to request employees to pay for a portion of their benefits. Look around, most companies do. I know because I now have to look for another job. Thank you.... thank you for now not only forcing me but 1099 other employees to now look for employment. Do you know how hard it is going to be to find a job when there are 1099 other employees out there with similar job skills in the same area? No, you won't because the union has promised you a job. So you don't have to worry about signing up for unemployment and you don't have to worry about working more than one job because you're set. You were promised a job with the union since day one. So this struggle that you are facing with everyone else is a sham. You have nothing to worry about. As for the employees, you are now causing 1100 people to now look for a job where the pay will be even lesser than they are now and lesser than what you are "fighting" for. There is no job in the area looking for DE techs with a starting salary of $15-$17 per hour. We will now have to work 2 jobs to make up for the loss wages. So long OT, and holiday pay. We will now have to work all holidays and weekends. So long bonuses. I hope you are happy. I hope you are happy with the fact that this unnecessary mess that you have now caused will put even more added stress onto people who already have it and don't need it. You're an ass. I can't believe you still have a job at ESI. We all know where you're loyalty is. It's not for the employees. How is all this fighting helping the employees? It's going to get us no where but the unemployment line. Thank you. And as for the benefits, they don't suck. They are very good for the coverage we get. And by the way... stop wearing that stupid purple shirt. We're getting sick of seeing it.
Did you read that the employees are willing to pay for heath care, and gave ESI a proposal. And the workers have been willing to give up to in other ways to help save jobs at an EXTREMELY PROFITABLE company that would save them $4-6 million dollars. A company that just posted record earnings for the 2nd quarter of $289 mil. dollars. Do they really need that money to stay in business? PLEASEEEE.
The company is the one putting stress on the employees, not the Union. 95% of the workers said NO to what the company came back with. Most people in the mailroom are making $8 hr. and the company wants them to pay over $200 for health care a month. Plus high deductibles & co-pays. Since you are not a union employee, and just a company scab, maybe if the place closes since you are so loyal to ESI they will offer you a job in HSB, STL ect.
Dan, Pam, Harry, Lidia, Bill, and all the rest of the committee have the support of the majority of the workers, and the vote showed it. You know, even some supervisors have said what ESI is doing is wrong. I can get a job tomorrow if I wanted, and I choose to stay here and help the workers fight this injustice.
I make a GREAT living, but it's not just about me. It's about the workers making $8-$15 an hrs, and their standard of living.
Dan, Purple Looks good on you. keep wearing it.
Dan VP Deligate

Philadelphia, PA

#154 Jul 30, 2010
TY BSP Pharmacist, answering them is not worth my time any longer. All the TY we get everyday from RPH and Non Pharmacists makes me and the rest of the bargaining committee know what we are doing is right. And as stated before 95% agree with us.
I need to concentrate on saving jobs and fighting STL. As a mater of fact, I think it's management making most, if not all the negative posts.
Harrisburg pharmacy

Harrisburg, PA

#155 Jul 30, 2010
Thank you Dan for fighting for all union members benefits! Our contract is up after this year, I do not expect too much from ESI. Managements here are planning to hire at least 10 pharmacists and 30 more data entry technicians. Coincidence? Good luck to you guys. God Bless America !
Is It Over

Bensalem, PA

#156 Jul 30, 2010
The pharmacist-in-charge at Marshall Lane is leaving and transferring out to Cura-script in Florida. What does that tell you?
BSP Pharmacist

Philadelphia, PA

#157 Jul 31, 2010
I don't no, maybe they had opening, and this was a good opportunity to move to another location (that she may have wanted to do for some time now) with a job in hand already. I love how people like to micro manage every thing that happens to put a negative spin on it. Two supervisors left Street Rd yesterday. Only one has a new job waiting. What should we see in that? ESI moved 8,000 scripts to us, and we have OT in most dept. One could say wow the other locations can't get the job done so ESI is going to the BEST (which they have admitted we are) to get it done for them AGAIN. I'm sure you will have another negative spin on that as well.
ESI employee

Levittown, PA

#158 Jul 31, 2010
I dont agree with all the posts and let me tell you, I'm worried. I think this is BS and think we should just take the offer or at least condsider it. I can only speak for myself but I can't afford to live on unemployement. True,pharmacists can get a job tomorrow but it's not that easy for a mailroom or a DE tech. With the fact that we just lost 2 supervisors this week and 7 supervisors plus 2 managers in the last 6 months, this to me is just the writing on the wall people. Were you not there when the company pretty much laughed at us at negotiations? Our cost to fill is the highest in the company. As one person posted, Harrisburg is hiring. Did you know that Troy and the other front end sites are hiring as well and Bensalem doesn't have any postings? It's all out there and this is fight is just giving them more amo to close us. Harrisburg got wind of our "issues" and just signed an agreement. They were worried about the possibility of closing and signed. Plus they are hiring and if we close, chances are they will get an extension because the company will need them to stay open. All I am saying is that we hsould consider the offer as I would much rather pay for benefits than to not have them or a job.
workerbee ESI

Roxbury, PA

#159 Jul 31, 2010
Point of order, ESI employee: HBG signed nothing. We are under contract until Sept. 2011 so there is nothing to sign. Let's stick with the facts, fella. The last time out (negotiations) we got hammered + lost lotsa stuff, just like they are threatening you with now. Don't start making us out to be the badguy. It's G-man + the other corporate bigwigs that are sucking up all the big money leaving nothing for the frontline 'grunts' that do all the REAL work in the company. They use 'cost to fill' as a hammer to bash us all down to subsistence levels. As far as I can tell ESI's offer to you was an insult, intended to provoke you to strike, thereby making their already-made decision to close all or part of you easier to explain to shareholders,etc. Better you should tell those shareholders your story and get them to see ESI's corporate leadership for what it is.
The game is over

Harrisburg, PA

#160 Jul 31, 2010
It is all about the stock price, people! Shareholders want the best return from their investment. They want 20-30% return a year from esrx stock. If management cannot deliver,they will be fired. It is simply economic 101. Why are we losing job overseas? Because they have the lowest cost. Managements have the upperhand in this economy. They can cherry pick the site with the lowest cost and send the work there. It only a matter of time, before ESI, Medco,CVS/PCS lobby to have data entry tęch and pharmacists from foreign countries do our works. Remember the RICH get RICHER and the POOR get POORER! Nobody have the monopoly on the truth! You want to get rich buy the stock of express scripts, medco and cvs/pcs. Good night I am going drink some Kôolaid. Just kidding.:-)
workers united

Harrisburg, PA

#161 Jul 31, 2010
We are rapidly all becoming commodity prostitute health care worker. Selling yourself to the lowest biddder. This is a sad day for America! Long live Karl Marx and Lenin. Power to the worker. We need a Bolshevik revolution in this country. Now who is with me?
BSP Pharmacist

Philadelphia, PA

#162 Aug 1, 2010
For those who have not hear yet, ESI has agreed to all Street Rd & Marshall Ln Pharmacist being put back to 40 hrs, at the shifts you had prior to being reduced to 32. We had an arbitration hearing scheduled on Wed. 7/28, and on Tues night while we were voting on the company's July 1 so called proposal our organizer rec'd an email stating they wanted to restore every one As Soon as possible. "DUE TO BUSINESS NEEDS"
What a coincident, 16 hrs before the hearing, they send this email..PLEASEEEEEEEEEEE.
Win for Workers & Union
The contract states they must give 30 days notice of schedule changes, but they are working on letting RPH's that would like to waive that do so. As soon as management works that out, they will post this up, and the 30 days will start.
The arbitration was still heard on Wed. as we would like ESI to be found guilty for violating the CBA, and have them give back pay to those who lost money during the reduction of hours.
AS for the "Former ESI union employee" you left to take another position to better your self )go for you, that's what work life is about), and it just so happen to be non-Union job.(Which will change shortly) As for any monies you stated are not accounted for, If that did happen,(and yes I was not there at the time) that would have been under the OLD union (Local 36 or 32BJ) NOT our NEW Local, SEIU Health Care PA 1199P (SEIU HC PA).(BTW this is the 1st time I've ever heard of this, and I'm sure that would have been brought to the new unions attention by now if it did happen). This new union (SEIU HC PA) is SO transparent that they permit members to come to ALL bargaining session, have a hot-line to call to get updates, put fliers out with bargaining updates and bargaining dates, and have meeting to inform UNION members to what is being proposed my management & the Union. DID THE OLD UNION? NOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!! Blew you out of the water AGAIN... Enough Said

REMEMBER,
UNITED WE STAND... DIVIDED WE FALL...
STRONGER TOGETHER....

Sincerely,

Dan Haney, Vice President
SEIU Health Care PA, Express Scripts Chapter
What about the techs

Philadelphia, PA

#163 Aug 1, 2010
Now what do the techs do? Dan wrote, as the BSP Pharmacist (Really? Since when? What else has he lied about?), that the company just bought the next pharmacist vote, after the management favo-rats told the bosses that the last vote was a loser. Now that the money hungry, bottom feeders have temporarily gotten back enough money to cover the cost of all the other cuts the company wants, they will forget about the techs and their concerns - and so will the RPH stewards. The pharmacists are probably spending the weekend pissing all over themselves like a litter of excited puppies. Big deal! So the company could not hire enough pharmacists yet to cover the workload - for now! This move was only to scare the techs more about job security, and if anyone can scare them into taking anything offered, it will be the stewards. Watch and listen! Everyone has a price at which he or she can be bought - by money, power, or fear. What is your price?
A Real Pharmacist

Philadelphia, PA

#164 Aug 1, 2010
What passion! What enthusiasm! What an exercise in futility! All of you are a riot to read!
That said; it is really a disgrace when people sink to a level where they resort to bad language or name-calling. It is also a shame when others think they are so important - so informed - and so competent to bargain for, or negotiate, issues for anyone, that require a specific talent and ability for its successful handling - that they are obviously lacking. Take all the cuts or we will close the Bensalem sites! As bad as they may have been, no negotiators have brought such a disgraceful offer back to employees for consideration before! How did we get into this position? Maybe next time, and it is doubtful there will be a next time, our leaders will be selected by what they are actually capable of accomplishing, not by the warm, fuzzy, honey-nuts feeling we think that we get from them. Where was the strength of the union leadership, stewards, and 35 members of the committee? Where was the unity or strength of the employees when we had the opportunity to reject the 9-1/2 month extension...or the last contract in 2007? Those were critical moments in time and could have altered the process intent on our demise! Bensalem has never been anything more than a state-of-the-art test facility for the ultimate goal - expanding in St. Louis! Why do you think the maintenance on the high volume filler has always been so bad? Why do you think it took almost two years to get near normal climate conditions in Street Road? How much money would you spend on facilities you are planning to "flip" anyway? Why do you think that only certain types became (and remain) supervisors and managers? Some of the pictures shown in the Courier Times, especially the pharmacists, are people who talk tough in the shadows, but are silent, or quietly say "Yeah! Me too!" after everyone else speaks up.
“To stand in silence when they should be protesting makes cowards out of men."...If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.”(Abraham Lincoln - both quotes) The same is true regarding our jobs. So, what are the rest of you prepared to do now?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Express Scripts Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Metrics and Standards Of Express Scripts (Nov '16) Nov '16 informaylant 1
Dropped Express Scripts (Mar '16) Mar '16 Al-D 1
News Walgreens CEO Pessina Signals He's Looking for ... (Jul '15) Jul '15 Mostdefinitely 6
Safe and Affordable Drugs - Brand (Mar '15) Apr '15 Faceless 2
Bottles size - too big (Dec '14) Dec '14 ShadowMan 1
News Fight over $1,100 hepatitis C pills awaits next... (Dec '14) Dec '14 reneir880 1
evil company (Aug '14) Dec '14 Steve 2
More from around the web